collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1545334 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6630 on: February 22, 2020, 06:42:38 PM »
I worry that our Execs might have got into the space where they think continuity will deliver results. I’m sadly convinced that it won’t, because there’s no suggestion of any hope of improvement. Dean doesn’t have a plan, or at least he can’t implement it if he does. He also appears to have lost his players. It should be time to part ways.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6631 on: February 22, 2020, 06:45:03 PM »
Trez has been woeful all season, he’s just a headless chicken.
Absolutely shit. Worst of all the new signings.

There’s a huge range to choose from, he’s not the worst, where do you start? Wesley, Trez, Luiz, Nakamba, Konsa, Hause, Jota. Christ we’ve bought some shit.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #6632 on: February 22, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »
For top dollar Jon.  For top dollar.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6633 on: February 22, 2020, 06:46:54 PM »
Smith in his post-match excuse-fest is blaming the players, and saying that several have played their way out of Wembley contention.  Also says the players' mentality doesn't match his.

Dead man walking.
.tbf though he is right. Im  criticising him but he makes some points. Some of them shod not be starting next week as they were utter shit

But he has tk take responsibility playing 5 at the back is utter shit.its been a utter failure

The sad thing is, we have almost nothing on the bench to bring in to improve matters.

Valid point although i would certianky drop luiz fir the final he was dreadfully poor as was hause. Have a feeling guilbert might get dropped for elmo also.

For me next week he has to  go go with a back four of targett mings konsa and elmo.

Cm nakamba conor and id even be tempted to play lansbury.

Trez was so woeful i dont even want hkm starting but who else we got

Anyone who considers Lansbury as someone who should be in the squad, let alone start, really doesn’t have much of a grip on the game.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6634 on: February 22, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »
Smith in his post-match excuse-fest is blaming the players, and saying that several have played their way out of Wembley contention.  Also says the players' mentality doesn't match his.

Dead man walking.
.tbf though he is right. Im  criticising him but he makes some points. Some of them shod not be starting next week as they were utter shit

But he has tk take responsibility playing 5 at the back is utter shit.its been a utter failure

The sad thing is, we have almost nothing on the bench to bring in to improve matters.

Valid point although i would certianky drop luiz fir the final he was dreadfully poor as was hause. Have a feeling guilbert might get dropped for elmo also.

For me next week he has to  go go with a back four of targett mings konsa and elmo.

Cm nakamba conor and id even be tempted to play lansbury.

Trez was so woeful i dont even want hkm starting but who else we got

Anyone who considers Lansbury as someone who should be in the squad, let alone start, really doesn’t have much of a grip on the game.

Or reality.

There's no point with Lansbury, even if he did come in and do OK, he'd be out again almost immediately with a hair injury or a vagina strain.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6635 on: February 22, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
Haha! Thank you for the lol Paulie.

richtheholtender

« Reply #6636 on: February 22, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »
I still like him and he definitely cares about the club. He has also done a lot for us and anyone who thinks it would have been easy to just spend a load of money and gel a team is mistaken. If he could keep us then I have no doubts whatsoever that a lot of these players with be better and the others moved on. My concern is he just doesn’t seem to change anything or if he does it’s too late. I’d also like to see a lot more fight instead, not only in the performances of the team but we other instances such as the VAR decisions, we just readily come out with “we just have to accept them and move on”. That said, we’ve always been a soft touch.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #6637 on: February 22, 2020, 07:01:10 PM »
I desperately want smith to succeed more than any other manager I’ve seen us have but I don’t see how you can come back from calling your own team a disgrace (they were) on national tv.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #6638 on: February 22, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
i know someone will point out that we got past Leicester over two legs, however, watching Leicester and the energy about Vardy, putting everything into his game, bar Grealish, there is nothing like that in the rest of our team.

We've got the most pedestrian, one-paced midfield I have seen in years, and to make things worse, they're unable to complete five yard passes.

That total lack of energy and drive is down to the manager, I'm afraid. I saw his comments post match and it's like he was pointing and saying "their fault" when, actually, it's largely his fault. He (and his colleague Richard Madeley) chose these players.

For example, how on earth did anyone think, during January, what we need to stiffen up a midfield with zero pace and energy is a player who only moves at anything like 'fast' pace when happy hour is about to end?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6639 on: February 22, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6640 on: February 22, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »
I desperately want smith to succeed more than any other manager I’ve seen us have but I don’t see how you can come back from calling your own team a disgrace (they were) on national tv.
And having to be separated from your assistant (John Terry) in the tunnel after the match. Nearly came to blows. We're fucked.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6641 on: February 22, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
And having to be separated from your assistant (John Terry) in the tunnel after the match. Nearly came to blows. We're fucked.

No they didn't.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #6642 on: February 22, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »

The reporter who was quoted on twitter as saying that had happened has said he said nothing of the sort.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6643 on: February 22, 2020, 07:16:39 PM »
DS MOTD interview https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51597464

In fairness, that's one of the best interviews I have seen him give.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6644 on: February 22, 2020, 07:18:27 PM »
Im sorry but anothee examlle is jota where the hell is he?? He cant be as shit as AEG and trez. Both have bee shit for most of the seasin. Jotas had a few bad games but he hast been given as much opportunity as these two.

Trez has Ben one of the shittest summer signings. He is so ineffective for such a quick player. Runs intk dead ends as no football brain and just looks hopeless.

Looks as bad as tonev.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal