collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522478 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #6555 on: February 22, 2020, 05:05:12 PM »
Smith should have been binned after we lost 3-0 to ten man Watford. He’s way out of his depth.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6556 on: February 22, 2020, 05:06:00 PM »
Get Big Sam in to keep us up by hook or by crook.

Thankfully it's you posting that so I know it's a windup!

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6557 on: February 22, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
So disappointing, I thought we had finally somebody that deserved the title, Coach. Nice chap that he is, Villa fan too but sorry, he's way, way out of his depth. Obviously it doesn't help having a squad around you that would be more at home in the Championship. And yes, I see the irony.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6558 on: February 22, 2020, 05:06:16 PM »
Get Big Sam in to keep us up by hook or by crook.

We don't have the personnel for an Allardyce. No bruiser type up front and, I'm guessing, Kevin Nolan has probably retired.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #6559 on: February 22, 2020, 05:07:03 PM »
Much has been made about Dean Smith being one of our own and I firmly believe that he is.  As such, for the sake of the club and the position it finds itself in, he should do the honourable thing and resign with immediate effect.  As so many have said, he is so far out of his depth that he is drowning.  I'm sad to have had to write that.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6560 on: February 22, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
I’d sack him tonight, fuck next weekend, with Smith in charge we’re getting annihilated, he’s clueless, running on empty, zero ideas, full of shit, just fuck him off.

Hear hear. Some clear thinking.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6561 on: February 22, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
Honestly Demitri, I'd go and try something else.  You're getting close to responding to yourself on this thread you're posting so much.

It's just not worth getting that worked up about.  We've been relegated before, with a much worse squad, a worse manager, a worse owner, and it really wasn't that bad.

If you're not getting any enjoyment out of following the Villa (and there's no evidence on here to suggest you are) then you're better off trying something else with your time.

So im not allowed to be upset with team that i have supported for over 30 years when they eprform like that?

Its not just me posting so why you singling me out? Im sorry im not having a go at you mate. This situation we find ourself is hurting

You talk about relegatikn but this team has such huge potential with jack mcginn and mings. If we go down it could destroy our club

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6562 on: February 22, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
Smith should have been binned after we lost 3-0 to ten man Watford. He’s way out of his depth.

Yep.  He should have been sacked then, and the fact that he wasn't shows that Purslow isn't up to the job either.  The signings have all been awful, the football is shit, and the results disastrous.  Pathetic all round.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6563 on: February 22, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
He needs a miracle such as winning the Cup next Sunday to get most of his critics back on side. He is the opposite of the dynamic, savvy, progressive coach we thought we were getting. Stubborn, myopic, turgid. Crap, essentially.

Maybe so, but I think his critics are a tiny minority at the moment.

but vocal and persistent.

Come on then paul tell us why he should stay ??

because it's a week before a cup final and the only managers we could get in the meantime are the sort of shit I want nothing to do with. You're still missing the point though, I wasn't defending Smith, I was telling you to give it a fucking rest.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #6564 on: February 22, 2020, 05:09:05 PM »
Clueless tactically just stand on side of the pitch barking orders which have no effect on the game.

All I could hear today was him repeatedly  screaming "what the fuck is going on?". Truly inspirational. Mind you most supporters are wondering exactly that.

Offline colin69

« Reply #6565 on: February 22, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »
Did a cracking job last year but it’s come to an end hasn’t it?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #6566 on: February 22, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »

Edited - probably fake news.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 05:13:47 PM by Richard E »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6567 on: February 22, 2020, 05:11:35 PM »
Honestly Demitri, I'd go and try something else.  You're getting close to responding to yourself on this thread you're posting so much.

It's just not worth getting that worked up about.  We've been relegated before, with a much worse squad, a worse manager, a worse owner, and it really wasn't that bad.

If you're not getting any enjoyment out of following the Villa (and there's no evidence on here to suggest you are) then you're better off trying something else with your time.
given our situation we could end up getting a further points reduction.  I'm really not Rosey about going down as romantic as it was last season.

We won't.  If we go down, Grealish will go and give us a huge profit to book in the FFP calcs.  The fact we've spent a year in the Prem will increase the level of FFP losses we're allowed, and we'll get another (up to) three years of parachute payments.

The rest of the squad should remain - Mings and SJM are the only ones likely to be tempted to leave but McGinn's injury might dampen some of the demand and I genuinely believe Mings has a real affinity for the club so will give us the season to get promoted again.

The new owners seem to be in it for the long haul, going about building the club in the right way, from the youth team, to Bodymoor, and creating an identity which we haven't had for years.  Smith is clearly core to that so he's going nowhere.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6568 on: February 22, 2020, 05:11:44 PM »
I like him, I can't get personal or angry at him in the way one should with the Sherwoods of the world, but he is so clearly out of his depth.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6569 on: February 22, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »
He needs a miracle such as winning the Cup next Sunday to get most of his critics back on side. He is the opposite of the dynamic, savvy, progressive coach we thought we were getting. Stubborn, myopic, turgid. Crap, essentially.

Maybe so, but I think his critics are a tiny minority at the moment.

but vocal and persistent.

Come on then paul tell us why he should stay ??

because it's a week before a cup final and the only managers we could get in the meantime are the sort of shit I want nothing to do with. You're still missing the point though, I wasn't defending Smith, I was telling you to give it a fucking rest.

Give what a rest ? You going to tell everyone else who is calling for smith out to give it a rwst or just me ?

Of course you won't just pick on Demitri.  This is a public forum where i am allowed to express my opinion if you hadn't realised.

As for your point id rather lose next week and stay up. Of that msans binning smith i am all for it. It is a shame but he clearly is out of his depth.

There is no passion fight urgency and defensively a complete and utter shit show.

I wish him all the best and thank him for wveything but he is taking us down if we stick with him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal