collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1523114 times)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #1050 on: October 30, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »
If this not an indictment of Bruceball I don’t know what is

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/29/axel-tuanzebe-youtube-interview

Very telling. Makes you wander what Bruce did all day. Certainly not talk to his coaches or 'prepare', whatever that is! Is Forestieri playing on Friday <winky thing>

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1051 on: October 30, 2018, 12:57:11 PM »

Well, he comes across very well … my impression of him has really improved over the last 2-3 games. Yes, he is loose with his passing but I think he could become a very good CB, given more gametime.
What that idiot Bruce was doing playing him at RB defies belief.

What we need now is a really good LCB to play alongside either him or Chester. Right now, with the right LCB, I'd almost favour Tuanzebe.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1052 on: October 30, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Younger players tend to respond better and quicker to coaching. 

Online jwarry

« Reply #1053 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:06 AM »
Younger players tend to respond better and quicker to coaching. 

Do you know what, that is an excellent point.  Does make you wonder what Dean will do when he has time to stamp his mark.  Will we see a clear out of the old pros followed by an influx of new young and hungry and the likes of O'Hare getting a chance because they are prepared to listen?

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #1054 on: November 02, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
According to Express & Star Deano has recruited  GK coach Neil Cutler from WBA. Knows him from his Walsall days. Plus according to Wiki Cutler was on Villa's books in 1999-2000 as a gk, playing one premier league game.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #1055 on: November 04, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
I see that Terry Henry isn’t pulling up any trees at Monaco... bullet dodged if indeed it was a bullet. In which case it was a non bullet, non story and this comment will self destruct.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1056 on: November 05, 2018, 08:41:01 AM »
The new staff have had a very stop-start beginning to their coaching sessions at BH due to fixtures and internationals but from the very first game the improvements in playing style and tactics (I had to look that up) are obvious. Axel already looks ten times better, mainly due to him being played  his rightful position, and I was astounded in flashes at the difference they've made to Jacks game. At times he glides past players effortlessly only for some useless lump to hack him down. Given a few more weeks with the new staff and I believe Grealish will finally emerge into the player we all thought/hoped he would be. Exciting times ahead methinks.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1057 on: November 05, 2018, 08:45:13 AM »
I see that Terry Henry isn’t pulling up any trees at Monaco... bullet dodged if indeed it was a bullet. In which case it was a non bullet, non story and this comment will self destruct.
4 matches in - 2 losses and 2 draws (including a draw in the Champions League). Both loses by only 1 goal. So DS is currently 4 points better off with 2 wins and 2 defeats comparing the 4 games played. Monaco though are currently 2nd from bottom. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:47:52 AM by Diablo »

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #1058 on: November 05, 2018, 10:54:41 AM »
The new staff have had a very stop-start beginning to their coaching sessions at BH due to fixtures and internationals but from the very first game the improvements in playing style and tactics (I had to look that up) are obvious. Axel already looks ten times better, mainly due to him being played  his rightful position, and I was astounded in flashes at the difference they've made to Jacks game. At times he glides past players effortlessly only for some useless lump to hack him down. Given a few more weeks with the new staff and I believe Grealish will finally emerge into the player we all thought/hoped he would be. Exciting times ahead methinks.

The goal showed what is possible. I think it's the first time I've ever seen Jack make a run beyond the back four and collect a through ball

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1059 on: November 05, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
I'm not altogether sure whether he's good enough to get us to where we want to be, but when we do get there it will be in no small part down to Smiffy. He's shown more progressive thinking in four weeks than our previous six managers combined.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1060 on: November 05, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »

Very telling. Makes you wander what Bruce did all day. Certainly not talk to his coaches or 'prepare', whatever that is! Is Forestieri playing on Friday <winky thing>

SB was just like MON, left most of the weeks training to Agnew, Calderwood and Clemence and then would view things on a Friday to make his presence felt.

He also said in an interview at Sunderland he wasn't interested much in the tactical side of football.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #1061 on: November 05, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »
Love the fact we have a coach that explains things...

Most of our previous mangers have been quite arrogant and condescending to the fanbase. 

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1062 on: November 05, 2018, 01:03:22 PM »
I'm not altogether sure whether he's good enough to get us to where we want to be, but when we do get there it will be in no small part down to Smiffy. He's shown more progressive thinking in four weeks than our previous six managers combined.

I agree. I guess it's the same with any manager, who knows if they're good enough until they try? He is at least training players, identifying areas to improve, making changes during games and the revelation of showing Grealish 3 clips at half-time to improve his second half is quite unique.

He'll have the ability with us to do whatever it is he wants to do. There will be no restrictions on technology, equipment or facilities.

It's been nice to watch us play the last few games, and the possession statistics are something else in comparison to what we're used to. They say possession doesn't indicate anything, but what it does do is stop the opposition being able to score, allows players to have more opportunity to create something and gives the fans something to hold on to.

I think this will be a ride we'll all enjoy.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1063 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »

Are you suggesting he was a better appointment than early betting favourite David Moyes would have been?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1064 on: November 05, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »
Dave, who are you not sure is good enough? Axel? Or Jack? I initially read it as Axel but on re-reading The Edge's post again thought you may have meant Jack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal