collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1544380 times)

Offline hipkiss92

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #14340 on: September 19, 2021, 08:29:38 PM »
I agree with Sexual Ealing. 4-2-3-1 is the devil's work.

Almost indistinguishable from 433 if you have the right players in midfield and as the number 10

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14341 on: September 19, 2021, 09:33:02 PM »
I agree with Sexual Ealing. 4-2-3-1 is the devil's work.

Almost indistinguishable from 433 if you have the right players in midfield and as the number 10

Agreed, but we don't.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #14342 on: September 19, 2021, 11:58:55 PM »
We went to 4-3-3 for 20 minutes and scored 3, because we had natural width further up the field. The 3 at the back looks shaky as hell to me, Mings and Konsa look like they are always in 2 minds where to push up and press and where to drop in.

For me, 4-1-2-2-1 is the ideal. I think for our players it's the best option. After that, I would sooner play the 3-5-2 than the 4-3-3 that has 2 holding mids as that has proved not to work a number of times, and whenever we try anyone at 10 they look useless.

Smith deserves credit for changing it up and winning the game. I was not sure he would or could, and up to the Cash goal we looked a bit of a shambles, the Grey chance came from us being allnover the place, but the changes worked and we won. Fingers crossed his in game management continues on those lines.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14343 on: September 20, 2021, 12:10:47 AM »
We went to 4-3-3 for 20 minutes and scored 3

The man who decides the formation said that we didn't.

Edit: I'd prefer a 4-3-3.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14344 on: September 20, 2021, 12:50:49 AM »
Agree 100% Oz. 4-5-1 next weekend against the Plastics would be my preference, wing backs are all well and good when you have natural wing backs; we don't, we have two quality full backs. We also have a three great wide men.

Online nigel

« Reply #14345 on: September 20, 2021, 07:09:37 AM »
We went to 4-3-3 for 20 minutes and scored 3, because we had natural width further up the field. The 3 at the back looks shaky as hell to me, Mings and Konsa look like they are always in 2 minds where to push up and press and where to drop in.

For me, 4-1-2-2-1 is the ideal. I think for our players it's the best option. After that, I would sooner play the 3-5-2 than the 4-3-3 that has 2 holding mids as that has proved not to work a number of times, and whenever we try anyone at 10 they look useless.

Smith deserves credit for changing it up and winning the game. I was not sure he would or could, and up to the Cash goal we looked a bit of a shambles, the Grey chance came from us being allnover the place, but the changes worked and we won. Fingers crossed his in game management continues on those lines.

No we didn’t, Dean Smith, when asked, said we didn’t.
Certainly for me, and many on here, it was clear from the stands it never changed from 3-5-2

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #14346 on: September 20, 2021, 07:42:12 AM »
Agree 100% Oz. 4-5-1 next weekend against the Plastics would be my preference, wing backs are all well and good when you have natural wing backs; we don't, we have two quality full backs. We also have a three great wide men.

This is the definition of nail on the head.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14347 on: September 20, 2021, 07:46:16 AM »
If it's 4-5-1 I'd go
Martinez
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Buendia McGinn Ramsey Luiz Bailey
Watkins

Ings can come on for the last 20 minutes when we're 3-0 up.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #14348 on: September 20, 2021, 07:46:18 AM »

Certainly for me, and many on here, it was clear from the stands it never changed from 3-5-2

You know what, I reckon it was a cunning masterplan. We just went rougue

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #14349 on: September 20, 2021, 08:27:18 AM »
If it's 4-5-1 I'd go
Martinez
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Buendia McGinn Ramsey Luiz Bailey
Watkins

Ings can come on for the last 20 minutes when we're 3-0 up.

That's the team I would go with as well, if everyone is fit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14350 on: September 20, 2021, 09:12:51 AM »
I want to see how Bunedia and Cash develop as a partnership on the right hand side, as I think Buendia will give Cash the sort of support he's never really had from the likes of Traore before.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14351 on: September 20, 2021, 09:41:18 AM »
We went to 4-3-3 for 20 minutes and scored 3

The man who decides the formation said that we didn't.

he should have told the players

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #14352 on: September 20, 2021, 09:43:31 AM »

That's true but one half hearted jog back towards his goal aside I doubt Bailey ran backwards again. Mings was kind of in no man's land too so effectively we were playing with noone there until Young came in. It caught Benitez and Everton out but I don't think it's a tactic we should be repeating too often.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #14353 on: September 20, 2021, 09:44:03 AM »
Quite glad the players ignored him tbh, seeing as we scored zero goals playing Dean's formation and three goals when we didn't.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #14354 on: September 20, 2021, 10:36:13 AM »

That's true but one half hearted jog back towards his goal aside I doubt Bailey ran backwards again. Mings was kind of in no man's land too so effectively we were playing with noone there until Young came in. It caught Benitez and Everton out but I don't think it's a tactic we should be repeating too often.

He didn’t need to track back, they appeared to give up on that side of the pitch which is why Bailey had so much room and Mings was able to cover on his own.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal