collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1544918 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #11415 on: March 11, 2021, 10:27:30 AM »
Where has that been reported ? Luiz is addicted to Call Of Duty so it probably explains his drop in form.

Didn't this type of shit cause David James to drop clangers at Liverpool and help Yanited win the league 25 years ago?

Confiscate the consoles and grow the fcuk up.

Maybe it's down to the fact there's fuck all to do for wealthy young men at present, and if they're spending their spare time playing COD it's a damn site more acceptable than some of the others things they might be tempted into.

Fortnight?

Pokemon Go

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #11416 on: March 11, 2021, 10:43:34 AM »
Where has that been reported ? Luiz is addicted to Call Of Duty so it probably explains his drop in form.

Didn't this type of shit cause David James to drop clangers at Liverpool and help Yanited win the league 25 years ago?

Confiscate the consoles and grow the fcuk up.

Maybe it's down to the fact there's fuck all to do for wealthy young men at present, and if they're spending their spare time playing COD it's a damn site more acceptable than some of the others things they might be tempted into.

Fortnight?

Pokemon Go

I've often wondered why so many teams train in the mornings, considering pretty much every game they play is in the afternoon or evening.  It might not be sociable, but it feels (to my untrained eye) that training at times similar to when you'll actually play would be a better way to prepare your body?

I'm sure there is plenty of sports science that will point to be being wrong about that.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #11417 on: March 11, 2021, 10:49:17 AM »
There was an article in the Athletic about how seriously sleep is taken at elite level. Ferguson may have started it but clubs probably have a sleep strategy based around game time nowadays. With this week's game being an 8pm kick-off, it wouldn't surprise me if training times had been pushed back to later in the day compared to what they would be with an earlier kick-off.

Online LeeB

« Reply #11418 on: March 11, 2021, 10:51:34 AM »
There was an article in the Athletic about how seriously sleep is taken at elite level. Ferguson may have started it but clubs probably have a sleep strategy based around game time nowadays. With this week's game being an 8pm kick-off, it wouldn't surprise me if training times had been pushed back to later in the day compared to what they would be with an earlier kick-off.

I remember seeing some program a couple of years showing the deluxe sleeping quarters that had been installed at Real Madrids training ground, so they could take scheduled naps for those purposes.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #11419 on: March 11, 2021, 10:58:45 AM »
I know plenty of adults who still play games, especially now there is nothing to do or anyone to see. I know a few surfers through work and they are the last people I'd expect to go out and purchase PS4's and be online playing fighting games. A lot of it is due to having their freedom removed. They would normally be travelling the North Devon and North Cornwall coastlines finding the waves, now they only surf as and when locally and our coastline in the south isn't that great for surf.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #11420 on: March 11, 2021, 01:35:55 PM »
I remember seeing some program a couple of years showing the deluxe sleeping quarters that had been installed at Real Madrids training ground, so they could take scheduled naps for those purposes.
Leeds have done the same thing.

Online LeeB

« Reply #11421 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:34 PM »

When they're defending?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #11422 on: March 11, 2021, 02:15:06 PM »
All hail Bielsa!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #11423 on: March 11, 2021, 03:28:20 PM »
When they're defending?
Boom tish!!

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11424 on: March 12, 2021, 11:07:03 PM »
4 wins in 14 and only 12 goals. The formation isn't working and the substitutions are too slow. Ramsey should have come off at 45 minutes tonight. Must do better, we are starting too many games very very pedestrian. Teams are finding defending against us too easy. Time for a change instead of rotating a couple of midfielders each game in the same positions.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11425 on: March 12, 2021, 11:12:48 PM »
4 wins in 14 and only 12 goals. The formation isn't working and the substitutions are too slow. Ramsey should have come off at 45 minutes tonight. Must do better, we are starting too many games very very pedestrian. Teams are finding defending against us too easy. Time for a change instead of rotating a couple of midfielders each game in the same positions.

I agree, without Jack there's a massive quality black hole between the defence and Watkins up front, and Smith just isn't good enough tactically to be able to adapt to bad performances. Once we start off badly, that's it, the whole game usually turns out to be crap.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #11426 on: March 12, 2021, 11:24:01 PM »

I agree, without Jack there's a massive quality black hole between the defence and Watkins up front, and Smith just isn't good enough tactically to be able to adapt to bad performances. Once we start off badly, that's it, the whole game usually turns out to be crap.

A running theme of the last three seasons

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #11427 on: March 12, 2021, 11:25:12 PM »
This run of performances could prove a blessing perversely. He can have no excuses about not knowing exactly what we need in the Summer. Assuming we keeping hold of Luiz it all about striker, winger, attacking midfielder. All must be high end quality though to take us to the next level.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11428 on: March 12, 2021, 11:27:07 PM »
He is getting more wrong than right, it is Mings Konsa and Martinez that are holding this team together.
We are in a terrible run of form with so many players off the pace and looking jaded.
Without Jack we are a lower league team.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #11429 on: March 12, 2021, 11:31:55 PM »
Season is petering out very badly, Smith needs to turn this around or I don't think he will survive the summer. There isn't anything remotely progressive about the style of football being played, it's as bad as anything I can recall watching Villa to be honest. His record as head coach without Jack in the team is verging on embarrassing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal