collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread  (Read 21006 times)

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2018, 06:28:54 PM »
Just watched John McGinn score one of the greatest goals I've seen at Villa Park, but sadly will be mostly forgotten, following what by all accounts was another totally unacceptable performance. Would be very surprised if Bruce is still with us by the end of October.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »
Other than a worldie from McGinn that was completely pants. Having insulted the fans' intelligence on Tuesday by saying what a great CH Jedinak is we saw today exactly how good he really is in that position. Those comments had to be followed up with a win but instead it was yet another same old same old abject Bruce performance. And of course in his post match comments it was the players' fault. Chants of 'we want Bruce out' in the Upper Holte at the end. Time to go long overdue.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
Today I could put up with no more and let rip at the Bruce apologist/snowflake behind me in the lower Holte.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »
Why is it the opposition can put crosses in and it lands on the heads of the right player, every single cross we make its either awful and scuffed straight to the head of a defender or too high for a Villa shirt.

Was infuriating today.

The change of system sure aint done much for Jack, and Bolaise cudnt have looked anymore disinterested when he first came on.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »
The interviews get more predictable every week in their levels delusion and blame deflection.  I think he meant he can't do right for anyone with eyes. 

It's mind boggling that in describing what was wrong today he's describing the way we've been playing since he joined - moving the ball too slowly etc. - and he's done nothing to rectify it.  It's no good describing the problem for two years you moron.  You need to find answers, that's what you are paid for. 

The worst thing is it looks like this league is anyone's for the taking this season and we have no chance of grasping that opportunity with fistface in charge.

I did half expect him to say "at least we kept Forestieri quiet"

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
Today I could put up with no more and let rip at the Bruce apologist/snowflake behind me in the lower Holte.

No excuse for that even if it was shit. We're all on the same side FFS.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
Owners, grow some, bin him quickly. Save us from any more shit.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 06:53:29 PM »
I am absolutely sick and tired ofwatching  the same ‘tactics’ week in, week out.
Pass it around a bit at the back, whack it forward and hope it sticks.
It’s fucking medieval football.

He was an arrogant prick after the Rotherham game.
Pride comes before a fall.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »

No excuse for that even if it was shit. We're all on the same side FFS.
Every excuse.When the same shit is spouted with no semblance of what is happening on the pitch I reserve the right to disagree with rubbish I am forced to listen to.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »
He needs to go before it's too late and we're too far behind.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »
Player ratings

Nyland 7, made some solid saves in second half.
Elmo 6, had a lot of trouble with Reach in second half but got little protection from AA
Chester 5 , poor second half but his lack of form is just a symptom of our shambles of a setup
Jedinak 3, poor in first half where he constantly fouled. All at sea in second half where Fletcher consustently made a fool of him.
Hutton 6, best player in first half and generally fairly solid
Adamoah 3,  their left back must have nutmegged him three times in first half. Didn't put in much of a shift either, awful performance
Hourihane 7, our best player I thought. Kept the ball moving well, had one cleared off the line, expected him to score one after that but dragged it wide. Defensively very suspect though
McGinn 6, brilliant goal and a delicious footballer on the ball. But he dives in far too much defensively with lads skipping past him. We simply cannot get away with a midfield two of Hourihane and McGinn as the last 2 games have proved.
Grealish 6, not much came off for him but tried hard in a few positions.
Abraham 4 , brutal, had a shocking first half and didn't improve much in second. Movement was poor as was hold up play
Kodjia 4, dire again. Statue in first half, had a decent 10 min spell on left in second before diving and walking around the place. Can't get away from players any more and we can't afford to carry a player like him in the team.

Bolasie and El Ghazi made no real impact. The morale of the players looked really poor late on. We were only a goal behind but hardly created a chance.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
Player ratings

Nyland 7, made some solid saves in second half.
Elmo 6, had a lot of trouble with Reach in second half but got little protection from AA
Chester 5 , poor second half but his lack of form is just a symptom of our shambles of a setup
Jedinak 3, poor in first half where he constantly fouled. All at sea in second half where Fletcher consustently made a fool of him.
Hutton 6, best player in first half and generally fairly solid
Adamoah 3,  their left back must have nutmegged him three times in first half. Didn't put in much of a shift either, awful performance
Hourihane 7, our best player I thought. Kept the ball moving well, had one cleared off the line, expected him to score one after that but dragged it wide. Defensively very suspect though
McGinn 6, brilliant goal and a delicious footballer on the ball. But he dives in far too much defensively with lads skipping past him. We simply cannot get away with a midfield two of Hourihane and McGinn as the last 2 games have proved.
Grealish 6, not much came off for him but tried hard in a few positions.
Abraham 4 , brutal, had a shocking first half and didn't improve much in second. Movement was poor as was hold up play
Kodjia 4, dire again. Statue in first half, had a decent 10 min spell on left in second before diving and walking around the place. Can't get away from players any more and we can't afford to carry a player like him in the team.

Bolasie and El Ghazi made no real impact. The morale of the players looked really poor late on. We were only a goal behind but hardly created a chance.
Hutton ? Pfft

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
Utterly clueless. At one stage in the first half we were playing 4-5-1 ... at home ... against Sheffield Wednesday with Barry Bannon in centre midfield. Why?

Grealish was poor in the first half, looked better in the second when playing his natural role. McGinn and Connor looked decent but Chester and Jedi bullied by a pretty poor front line.

Time for a change of manager, there’s no doubt about that in my opinion.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2018, 07:05:46 PM »
Just before and after the equaliser (our best spell) - Grealish and Kodja had switched so Grealish was competing with Bannon in the middle and stopping his control of that area of the field.

Then for some reason they switched back. Grealish then gives the ball away in the wide left position and they score the winner.

Whoever told them to switch back needs shooting - if it was Bruce then he should clear his desk and go before the weekend is over.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »
There is no excuse for losing at home to a team playing Stephen 'bloody' Fletcher as a lone striker.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:19:57 PM by Richard E »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal