Heroes & Villains > Match Threads & Player Ratings

Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread

<< < (36/36)

Clampy:
The decision to play Jedinak on Tuesday against Rotherham was a justified one but it baffled me as to why he thought Tuanzebe couldn't handle a 31 year old Steven Fletcher. (I thought he was older than that by the way).

Drummond:
The system, 4-4-2, 4-1-3-1-1, 5-3-2 doesn't matter. Providing you have the personnel and you actually practise and have some coaching and a plan.

We've got eh personnel (barring a CB and LB) but the rest isn't there.

It's as if Bruce decides to buy good players and send them out to work out the plan themselves.

dcdavecollett:
Looks like I picked a great game to miss!

Instead, I went to Derby-Brentford, and enjoyed a real feast.

Last year, Derby had Rowett, who I regard as even worse than Bruce; now they have Lumplard, who has filled his squad with young signings, loanees and academy players (what on earth are they?).

The Bees scored in the first minute but Derby didn't look put out in the slightest. They pressed Brentford all over the pitch, worked hard to win it back when they lost it, passed it well and might have scored half-a-dozen in the first half-hour.

Looking at the Derby line-up, I wondered how many would get into Villa's side. Not many, I'd guess, yet they are ten times the team that we are under Bruce.

Bruce forever needs just two more players; Lampard just gets on with coaching with what he's got and putting players in the best positions and roles.

It'll never catch on!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version