collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 03:30:06 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19547 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Bruce said something about "not getting time" so I'm clutching a straw that says he was given an ultimatum that it was win today or push off. His lack of response at the equalising goal hints at that too, if he knew it wasn't enough.

If he had to win, then why put that team out? Doesn't make sense

Wanted to grind out a 1-0 like we did at likes of Forest and Sheffield last season.

what drop your main striker and bring taylor and adomah in from the cold?

I guess he saw Dack plays a free role for them and so wanted to counter that by putting Jedinak on him.

I don't have much of an issue with team selection, maybe I'd have played Kodjia out wide but him and El Ghazi started in Sheffield after all.

People wanted a more balanced back 4 so if that means bringing Taylor in (who was o.k tonight) so be it...

I think the bigger issue here is whatever 11 we put out, balanced or not, the team isn't winning games and the performances are really mediocre for all the talent we have.

Team is weak in certain areas but we would look so much better under a more proactive manager. Who that is I don't know but the season is seriously drifting now.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »
Observations

Bruce setup not to lose instead of trying to win. Unless that changes he has to go. Sick of it

Jedinak did ok but should never play ch again

Grealish just isn’t effective and needs to do a lot more

Abraham should of scored but showed promise

Bruce has to realise his only hope is play on the front foot the squad is there use it. If not go please just go

Bruce set us up as a Steve Bruce side. It might have worked at Wigan and Hull 10-15 years ago. It no longer works. When Dean Smith. Dean Fucking Smith has spent next to nothing, sold his best players and has his Brentford side in second place then you can go fuck off Steve Bruce with your weekly bollocks excuses you useless bastard.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »
It was an awful performance, there is obviously something not right.
The body language of the players speaks volumes.

Thought it was an improvement on recent weeks but the side has been all over the place since Game 1 lets be honest.

Positives today, thought Taylor did ok, Tuanzebe from centre back ensured we could keep possession a lot better, Abraham showed he will be an improvement on our other forward options, McGinn was superb, by a mile our best player, Hourihane's goal was outstanding, Bolasie and Kodjia cameos were decent,

Negatives - Nyland is useless, Hutton was useless again, Elmo worse, Jedinak is finished, Grealish hardly broke sweat and Alberts struggles continue. Our shape remains really poor with Grealish about 15 yards too far away from Abraham. Defensively, we look soft as shit and are going to be bullied all season from crosses and set pieces if today is anything to go by. Terry's presence is badly missing but when a 37 year old is seen as the possible saviour, it exposes Bruce's reign to ridicule

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
It’s not the players or necessarily the formation.
It is the mentality and method.
He just chucks a team together which is inevitably a version of 4-4-2 and hopes for the best.
There is no strategy, no intent and no fucking idea.
People are having a go at Jack, he looks completely lost, our attacks are slow and predictable and when we lose it is every body run back behind the ball and if the opposition lose it, we start again or just kick it in a forward direction.
There is nothing different now to when he walked through the door, this is Bruceball and I am sick of it.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
I'm excited because his exit must surely be imminent. Body language is telling. We deserve better.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »
Not good enough.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
Thought we played well overall we were the better side for most of the game. Still too many errors at the back exemplified by Grealish having to mark two players in one situation. Jedinak much better in midfield. Like the look of Abraham too. He will get us goals. Bolasie’s cameo, he looked sharp and showed a will with the challenge on the keeper.
Thought we stank out the county of Lancashire
Up until they scored we were well on top. We actually attacked for a lot of the game. More than Blackburn did. We weren’t great but an improvement on games since Brentford. We deserved to win the game.
You must have been watching a different game.

I didnt notice their goalie had made lots of saves

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2018, 08:41:52 PM »
It’s not the players or necessarily the formation.
It is the mentality and method.
He just chucks a team together which is inevitably a version of 4-4-2 and hopes for the best.
There is no strategy, no intent and no fucking idea.
People are having a go at Jack, he looks completely lost, our attacks are slow and predictable and when we lose it is every body run back behind the ball and if the opposition lose it, we start again or just kick it in a forward direction.
There is nothing different now to when he walked through the door, this is Bruceball and I am sick of it.

Not disagreeing with your argument but no way can Grealish get a pass. His workrate and attitude are abysmal at the moment.

Its like he played with a sulk when he was moved to the left late on, woeful effort to stop the cross that led to the goal.

Id be dropping him v Rotherham, pushing McGinn a bit further forward and getting Hourihane back in.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2018, 08:43:34 PM »
welll thank mcgrath , Jack won us the free kick

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 08:45:50 PM »
I agree with you about Grealish, he's been poor of late.  He should be tearing this division a new one, but he's quite often shown up by supposedly inferior players.  Dack for Blackburn had a much, much better game today.  What's Grealish's return so far after 7 games, 1 assist and no goals?  Whatever the reasons, and I absolutely accept a lot of it is down to Bruce, that is nowhere near good enough for a player of his ability.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »
I think grealish is part of the problem. Seems undroppable but producing very little.  Can't play in a midfield two, not a winger and doesn't produce anywhere near enough in the number 10 position. It prevents us playing two up front and I can't see how we can unlock the potential of the attack with him in the team, especially with his current output.

Offline ez

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »
We needed a win. After the equaliser the players should have been getting the ball out of the net and back onto the centre spot, not celebrating. We're not behaving like a club seeking promotion.

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2018, 08:54:20 PM »
I think grealish is part of the problem. Seems undroppable but producing very little.  Can't play in a midfield two, not a winger and doesn't produce anywhere near enough in the number 10 position. It prevents us playing two up front and I can't see how we can unlock the potential of the attack with him in the team, especially with his current output.

Wouldn’t a better manager sort this out!?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »
I agree with you about Grealish, he's been poor of late.  He should be tearing this division a new one, but he's quite often shown up by supposedly inferior players.  Dack for Blackburn had a much, much better game today.  What's Grealish's return so far after 7 games, 1 assist and no goals?  Whatever the reasons, and I absolutely accept a lot of it is down to Bruce, that is nowhere near good enough for a player of his ability.

I agree.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »
I really hope Grealish isn't sulking/has had his head turned since the saga with Sperms.
Not that he should need it but if Terry and Snodgrass were still here they'd be on his case making sure he's grabbing games by the scruff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal