collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by N'ZMAV
[Today at 06:46:14 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:43:21 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 213235 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #1065 on: April 06, 2021, 04:47:33 PM »
He and Trez seem to have some kind of subconscious deal between them whereby if one of them is playing well, the other takes a back seat so that they can enjoy it. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't so often forget that one of them is supposed to be on it at any given time!

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #1066 on: April 08, 2021, 12:39:32 AM »
This reminds me of the situation two years ago when Andre Green and Uncle Albert vied for one of the wide positions (Jack had the other side) and neither were able to grasp the place in the team.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1067 on: April 08, 2021, 10:00:57 AM »
This reminds me of the situation two years ago when Andre Green and Uncle Albert vied for one of the wide positions (Jack had the other side) and neither were able to grasp the place in the team.
Snodgrass was decent the other year down the right side

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #1068 on: April 08, 2021, 11:17:29 AM »

Jack was playing down the middle then, he only moved back to the left early last season. We had Anwar on one side and Green/Adomah competing for the other spot in the promotion year.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1069 on: April 08, 2021, 05:24:17 PM »
Maybe wingers are just like that beautiful person who illuminates your life a little but let's you down a lot.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1070 on: April 08, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »

Yeah good analogy there and we knew and decided quickly that for where we were going neither would be good enough. Same will happen here although I suspect one of them will remain as cover for next season depending on who wants them.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1071 on: May 01, 2021, 10:07:41 PM »
As inconsitent as he is, 8 in 23 is a great return.

Also his best goal return since joining us.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1072 on: May 01, 2021, 10:08:56 PM »
Great goal by Anwar.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1073 on: May 01, 2021, 10:10:14 PM »
He’s having a bloody good season at this level. I like him and I hope we keep him. We just need a more quality in the team and squad.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1074 on: May 01, 2021, 10:14:02 PM »
He’s having a bloody good season at this level. I like him and I hope we keep him. We just need a more quality in the team and squad.

I agree with you Ian.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1075 on: May 01, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
He frustrates the hell out of me - and I say that as someone grateful for what he gave us in the Championship season and this.

Too many times when we have good possession out wide and he can isolate a man and get past him the ball either fails to stick or he finds a way to make a hames of it.

He's the ultimate confidence player. He bags that goal earlier tonight and then he probably beats his man more often throughout the game.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1076 on: May 01, 2021, 10:17:55 PM »
Stats of a 15m player.

Interesting decision for the club. I think Trez injury means it's less likely he'll be sold. Two years left on his deal so just letting it run down will decrease things.

Not sure I'd be offering him a new deal but depends on how well our summer recruitment goes.

Offering him in a swop plus 20m could be one way of getting in a really good creative player from reasonably decent european team, someone like Nabil Fekir at Betis for example or Bailey at Leverkusen.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1077 on: May 01, 2021, 10:17:56 PM »
I find AEG really frustrating, when he scores goals like tonight you can see how much talent he has but all too often he goes missing in games. It just feels like he needs a couple of things to go his way early in the game to get his head right. He'd probably have been my first choice to move on from the wingers but with Trez out for a year he has to get another season.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1078 on: May 01, 2021, 10:26:28 PM »
Observing from a distance - and based largely on TV interviews and body language in games - but he comes across as a good guy but a tad introverted.

With the amount of money that's in the game these days and the increasing emphasis of sports science and the like, you'd hope we have a sports psychologist to tap into and cover all bases.

Not because AEG is crackpot, more to give him (and a few others like him) every chance of success. With him, I don't think it's a lack of ability.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1079 on: May 01, 2021, 10:38:17 PM »
He was on another level tonight. The problem is we won't see it again for another 8-15 matches.

If he performed consistently he'd easily be back in the Netherlands squad, but he never kicks on. Which is highly likely why he won't get double figures this season even though he's very close to doing so.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal