collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211548 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #1050 on: April 05, 2021, 11:16:54 PM »
The goal ratio is fine.  Good, even.

The assists less so.  Ideally you also want a winger tying up at least two markers where possible, and freeing space for others.

He did that a bit in the Championship, less so in the top flight. So far.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #1051 on: April 05, 2021, 11:16:55 PM »
In case anyone is interested here's a few stats.

AEG's goal at Chelsea got us a point. His goal at Wolves in extra time got us 3 points, and his goal against Leeds also got us the 3 points. He's scored 7 goals this season like Jack and got us 7 points with 3 of them. His minute's per goal is 176. Bettered only by Barry who scored 1 in 90 min.

Question is. Is that a bad return?
It doesn’t actually work like that though,does it.

So what is it, a poor return? How do you see it?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1052 on: April 05, 2021, 11:45:21 PM »
Barry who?

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #1053 on: April 05, 2021, 11:57:19 PM »

The assists less so.  Ideally you also want a winger tying up at least two markers where possible, and freeing space for others.

Accepted. More assists would be great😀. My point is in the games I mentioned his goals alone got us the points. 3 goals, 7 points. They were the only goals we scored in those games. I don't think it's a bad return really. He gets so much stick so much of the time from some on here. I'm just trying to cut him some slack. Utv.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2021, 12:05:25 AM »

Offline Hockley Lion

« Reply #1055 on: April 06, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »
Barry who?

Barry. Scored against Liverpool in the FA Cup. One of our youngsters. 17 years old. Plays for England U17's, Louie Barry.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 12:52:20 AM by Hockley Lion »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1056 on: April 06, 2021, 12:10:00 AM »
I like AEG and i'll always have a soft spot for him but if we as ambitious as we like to think we are he's a grade A example of a player that we need an upgrade on in the Summer.

I think we can get some decent money for him too, he'd be perfect for a promoted side for example (as would Hourihane).

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1057 on: April 06, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »

Accepted. More assists would be great😀. My point is in the games I mentioned his goals alone got us the points. 3 goals, 7 points. They were the only goals we scored in those games. I don't think it's a bad return really. He gets so much stick so much of the time from some on here. I'm just trying to cut him some slack. Utv.

I'd be the first to cut him some slack if he stopped disappearing in games and actually started to contribute for the team. With him on the pitch it's often like playing with 10 players. He normally does one good thing and that's it. We may as well take him off as he offers nothing more. As Mr Gage said, his goals to games ratio is fine, it's the rest where he fails.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1058 on: April 06, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
Just to add to that, I do like him as a player - and have done since he had that Championship Ronaldo look about him back in 2018/19.

The other things may come in time (hopefully for us) if he starts to believe in himself a bit more.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1059 on: April 06, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »
Just to add to that, I do like him as a player - and have done since he had that Championship Ronaldo look about him back in 2018/19.

The other things may come in time (hopefully for us) if he starts to believe in himself a bit more.

When he's good he's very good, but when he's bad he's an absolute liability. On an off game he makes bad decision after bad decision, and all sorts of unforced errors. He's 26 in less than a month, so for a winger should really be in his prime.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1060 on: April 06, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »

I think you're right on the lack of confidence, something certainly isn't right there but for all the good things he does, for me he's been a passenger for most of his time with us. I expect we'll look to sell in the summer.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »

When he's good he's very good, but when he's bad he's an absolute liability. On an off game he makes bad decision after bad decision, and all sorts of unforced errors. He's 26 in less than a month, so for a winger should really be in his prime.

Yep, that's why he's behind Traore and Trez for me, when they're bad they still have something to offer, AEG seems too mentally weak to cope with having a bad game and completely falls apart.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1062 on: April 06, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »

Yep, that's why he's behind Traore and Trez for me, when they're bad they still have something to offer, AEG seems too mentally weak to cope with having a bad game and completely falls apart.

Agree with all these posts, I thought he was beyond bad on Saturday, could've passed as George Weah's cousin.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1063 on: April 06, 2021, 01:54:28 PM »
He's had almost 2 full seasons to establish himself at this level, he's bagged a couple of fabulous goals along the way but he's ineffective far too often, makes some poor decisions and on occasion goes completely missing, wouldn't be at all surprised if he was offloaded in the summer & that's a shame.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1064 on: April 06, 2021, 04:01:00 PM »
He's had almost 2 full seasons to establish himself at this level, he's bagged a couple of fabulous goals along the way but he's ineffective far too often, makes some poor decisions and on occasion goes completely missing, wouldn't be at all surprised if he was offloaded in the summer & that's a shame.

That's where I am too....he has loads of ability but I don't think he has it in him mentally to do consistently at the highest level. One to cull at a decent price in the summer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal