collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 213218 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #885 on: December 13, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
Or, well that's not very helpful Tyrone.  Maybe if you put as much effort into not making mistakes you wouldn't present the opponents with a gilt edged chance every single match. 

What absolute rubbish. If you think dishing out abuse on Twitter is acceptable to the point where that person is having the close their account, then it says a lot about you.

I didn't say it was, and the fact that you spend your life attacking other fans on here Clampy, says even more about you.

Do you think anybody dishing out abuse is going to take a blind bit of notice of what Mings says?  Or is it just stirring things up even more?

Lovely bit of deflection there Risso. Didnt see that coming.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #886 on: December 13, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
El Ghazi took the penalty like Ronaldo takes them and the way they should be taken

ball down, reasonable walk back, run up and smack it hard and low to one side,
no piss pooling around with stupid Basil Faulty style run ups or look how clever i am in trying to miss a piss easy shot at goal

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #887 on: December 13, 2020, 12:03:58 PM »
Or, well that's not very helpful Tyrone.  Maybe if you put as much effort into not making mistakes you wouldn't present the opponents with a gilt edged chance every single match. 

What absolute rubbish. If you think dishing out abuse on Twitter is acceptable to the point where that person is having the close their account, then it says a lot about you.

I didn't say it was, and the fact that you spend your life attacking other fans on here Clampy, says even more about you.

Do you think anybody dishing out abuse is going to take a blind bit of notice of what Mings says?  Or is it just stirring things up even more?

Lovely bit of deflection there Risso. Didnt see that coming.

The end.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #888 on: December 13, 2020, 12:15:05 PM »
The reality is people who spend their time abusing people via social media aren’t worth acknowledging. They’re twats and won’t see the error of their ways sadly. Best off just ignoring them.

I think El Ghazi has looked really sharp in his few appearances this season. Good on him for knuckling down.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #889 on: December 13, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »

What i would add is that Twitter is hardly representative of our fan base. It’s full of cretins, yes, but I could easily spend all day slagging off various players of other teams.

One Villa fan put up a little collage of three different fans with a hashtag of #smithout after we lost to Southampton. A barrage of abuse of Villa fans followed. Fickle, plastic etc.

Two of the collage were Albion fans which the OP had failed to even notice.

I’m chuffed for AEG, he seems happy, let’s just enjoy and move on.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #890 on: December 13, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »
The reality is people who spend their time abusing people via social media aren’t worth acknowledging. They’re twats and won’t see the error of their ways sadly. Best off just ignoring them.

I think El Ghazi has looked really sharp in his few appearances this season. Good on him for knuckling down.

I thought he did well in that cup game against Stoke, he got a lot of criticism on here but was the only one creating anything or taking responsibility. Thought he was dreadful when he came in v West Ham, mind. Will have got a good boost of confidence scoring the winner yesterday so he might kick on. A start against Burnley might be a good test for him.

Offline ez

« Reply #891 on: December 13, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »
Twitter is the most hostile of social media. It's full of goading. Instagram is much nicer plus you can control comments better on there.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #892 on: December 13, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
I’m all up for Tyrone’s Tweet and see Konsa agrees as well. We all make mistakes and some of the abuse on social media these people get are so over the top. I’d hate to have every mistake I make in life the subject of abuse on Twitter and Facebook. It’s a very nasty part of society now.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #893 on: December 13, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
Why didn't Barry take the penalty?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #894 on: December 13, 2020, 01:08:35 PM »
Can’t say there isn’t a great team spirit here now.  Villa I mean not H and V.  Me in actually liking our players shocker.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #895 on: December 13, 2020, 01:27:07 PM »
Why didn't Barry take the penalty?
Side splitting stuff.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #896 on: December 13, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »
Fair play Tyrone, well said.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #897 on: December 13, 2020, 01:45:44 PM »
While Twitter doesn’t represent all fans it’s truly astonishing how personally cruel some people can be. I’m glad Tyrone said this. He’s obviously seen the tweets, he’s seen first hand that it has hurt his friend and teammate. There’s no need for some of hate spewed on there.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #898 on: December 13, 2020, 03:16:01 PM »
While Twitter doesn’t represent all fans it’s truly astonishing how personally cruel some people can be. I’m glad Tyrone said this. He’s obviously seen the tweets, he’s seen first hand that it has hurt his friend and teammate. There’s no need for some of hate spewed on there.

Quite, I save my ire/constructive criticism/piss taking for on here where it can be discussed in a reasonably grown up fashion but what on earth people think you gain by abusing people directly on Twitter, I don't know. (well there was that time I told Lord Adonis he was talking out of his hat but hey there are limits)

To reiterate my position on El Ghazi, he's a talented lad but lacks something to be considered a starter in a top half premier league team.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #899 on: December 13, 2020, 03:19:00 PM »
I'm glad to see him backing his teammate.

But comments like that won't get spun as a riposte to some Villa fans. It will be a response to Villa fans in general, according to the Meaning Evil and others who like to stir the shit.

Should have been worded better. Or better left unsaid. You won't get through to the bollock brains on social media anyroad and the vast majority of Villa fans who never turned on AEG don't need to hear it.  Most of us can remember back further than one season. In 2018/19, only 2/3 players other than El Ghazi did more to get us up.

The Emperor needs to concentrate on his own game, which has been hit and miss this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal