collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:55:35 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 10:53:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 10:49:11 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 213258 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #840 on: July 16, 2020, 10:07:18 PM »
We do have a tendency to call players all manner of wankers/c***s when they don't perform brilliantly, as if they're doing it on purpose. Myself included, from time to time. It isn't on, really.

More seriously, of course I agree with this.

I’m sure we’re all unlikeable gobshites on here compared to the charming people we are in real life, especially immediately after a last minute capitulation that has probably relegated us. I reserve the right to let off steam in an anonymous echo chamber of similarly pissed of people without being told to shut up.

Is that so terrible? I think there a bit of a running joke that fans demonise players in over the top ways who have done something laughably trivial compared to any real life problem of any magnitude.

Yeah, I can't argue with that. I've said I'm gulty of it myself, anyway. I think I'm just on a different stage of grief to you at the moment. I did the anger after the Man U game.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #841 on: July 16, 2020, 10:14:31 PM »
Carragher commented that he hadn’t been to an Everton game where Richardson hadn’t had the physio on for treatment for something. El Ghazi is the same...  too often looks like he doesn’t fancy it.

And at that critical moment he had an eye on the goalkeeper and not the ball.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #842 on: July 16, 2020, 10:14:42 PM »

I’m sure we’re all unlikeable gobshites on here compared to the charming people we are in real life,

I've never met anyone on here who's charming in real life. Except Big Daz Wooley

Haha yes I was exaggerating a bit, I meant to say ‘very slightly less unlikeable gobshites.’

I wouldn't even say that.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #843 on: July 16, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
Shocker of a miss.  On the positive side, he's got two games to make up for it.

Not going to eviscerate him for it when he played a big part in getting us up. He wouldn't be the first winger to pussy out of potential physical contact. If he was the sort to risk life and limb for any half chance he'd prob be better directly up top.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #844 on: July 16, 2020, 10:40:07 PM »
Oh look El Ghazi in not quite good enough and bottling it shocker. It’s been said right from the start of this season if you read this thread back. The guy just doesn’t have the mentality or desire to be what his undoubted technical ability could make  him and that annoys me more than a player who tries hard but doesn’t have the ability. Soft as shite.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #845 on: July 16, 2020, 10:53:16 PM »
Has there been any news on the possible career ending injury that El Ghazi picked up at Southampton?
This was another of those moments.
Sorry he has form.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #846 on: July 16, 2020, 11:05:14 PM »
We do have a tendency to call players all manner of wankers/c***s when they don't perform brilliantly, as if they're doing it on purpose. Myself included, from time to time. It isn't on, really.

I think it's just part and parcel of football. It's an emotional game and in situations like this you're going to get plenty of emotional reactions. I just thought he mistimed his run slightly and it was a bad miss.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #847 on: July 17, 2020, 09:06:32 AM »
A bit like Trezeguet, every so often, does something really good but I cannot understand how this guy is playing in the top league in England.  I presume we had a loan to buy and had to purchase or just thought we should sign him because of the continuity from last season, in a period of massive change at the club last summer.  I think he is a huge let down, not just based on last night and the miss of the season from Villa but has been consistently underwhelming, lazy and seemingly without desire.  He will probably do better next season as I think the Championship is his level.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #848 on: July 17, 2020, 12:54:33 PM »

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #849 on: July 17, 2020, 01:23:55 PM »
And it was his piss poor overhit cross from a Great attacking position which led to Grealish retrieving the ball and crossing it back for the miss

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #850 on: July 17, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »

Anwar El KHAZI

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #851 on: July 17, 2020, 02:58:18 PM »
I've only really hated Gabor Kiraly after that FA Cup game at Old Trafford, and frankly he deserved it. Gets the chance to play in goal for Aston Villa and goes out looking like Compo from Last of the Summer Wine.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #852 on: July 17, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »
A bit like Trezeguet, every so often, does something really good but I cannot understand how this guy is playing in the top league in England.  I presume we had a loan to buy and had to purchase or just thought we should sign him because of the continuity from last season, in a period of massive change at the club last summer.  I think he is a huge let down, not just based on last night and the miss of the season from Villa but has been consistently underwhelming, lazy and seemingly without desire.  He will probably do better next season as I think the Championship is his level.
Yeah, that's it for me: he looked like a player last season who should grow into becoming a Premier League player. Instead, he has regressed - I suspect by not working hard enough at the grunt-work of being a footballer. The coaching staff should take some responsibility for this, because I think AEG has / had the raw materials to work with.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #853 on: July 17, 2020, 04:43:31 PM »
I've only really hated Gabor Kiraly after that FA Cup game at Old Trafford, and frankly he deserved it. Gets the chance to play in goal for Aston Villa and goes out looking like Compo from Last of the Summer Wine.

Other than that one, admittedly abysmal, error, he didn't do much wrong for us. And we would only have lost the replay, anyway. We know how it goes against those ******.

The only players I really hate are those that obviously have the ability but can't be arsed. Even more so if said attitude comes from an innate feeling that they're too good for the club. Prime offender: Stephen fucking Ireland. I think he's my least favourite player ever, though Nigel cunting Callaghan pushes him close.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #854 on: July 17, 2020, 05:49:07 PM »

Other than that one, admittedly abysmal, error, he didn't do much wrong for us. And we would only have lost the replay, anyway. We know how it goes against those c***s.

The only players I really hate are those that obviously have the ability but can't be arsed. Even more so if said attitude comes from an innate feeling that they're too good for the club. Prime offender: Stephen fucking Ireland. I think he's my least favourite player ever, though Nigel cunting Callaghan pushes him close.

They are the ones that are the most frustrating for sure. Not sure AEG falls completely into that category, likely to be a lack of self belief too despite his strut. Every so often he does something like that assist in the cup final or his goal in the playoff final and you wonder how incredibly average players like Trez are starting ahead of him.

Ireland was/is a complete imbecile. Nzogbia, Collymore or Gabby in his later years top that particular talented but couldn't be arsed cohort for me. I'd go with Collymore actually as the worst of the lot, ruined a very good team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal