collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211569 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #795 on: February 26, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion he’s got plenty of talent technically but he just hasn’t got the “bottle” or mental toughness you need to play at the highest level. The guy is 6’2” and he’s as soft as shite, easily dominated physically and far too easy to intimidate in the tackle.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #796 on: February 26, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion he’s got plenty of talent technically but he just hasn’t got the “bottle” or mental toughness you need to play at the highest level. The guy is 6’2” and he’s as soft as shite, easily dominated physically and far too easy to intimidate in the tackle.

I think thats a fair observation mate. Thats how i see him.  I think he has more to offer than trez who is a headless chicken with  no footbalk brain

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
AEG has technical ability but only shows it for about 15-20 minutes in games, sometimes less, then fades away.  I've yet to see him perform for even a full half let alone a full match.  I'd say his performances  are mostly  either between a 2 and 4 out of 10 with the occasional 7 out of 10, but never higher.  Which is not good enough for PL.  Plus he does not seem to be up for a battle in any sense of the word.  His role in getting us promoted is irrelevant - did he contribute any more than, say,  Adomah?

As for Trezeguet I'd give most of his turns a 2 out of 10 (which is being generous) with the occasional 5 if he manages to scuff in a consolation goal, which he's done once or twice.  His shooting for a forward is abysmal, Tonev level ineptitude,  but scuffed instead of blasted way over.  I don't know who scouted him but he wants his eyes tested.   

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »
Beijing Villan for Life

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #799 on: February 28, 2020, 05:26:16 PM »
That's really not a fair reflection.

He's played about 65 games for us and has 12 goals and 12 assists. That's not a bad record  at all but the problem he has, like a few other players, is that when he's not involved in the final 3rd he doesn't do enough around the pitch to earn his 'quiet' days. On top of that some games he just doesn't seem to be up for it, again we have a few players with that problem.

Trez is different, I think his biggest problem is that he's trying too hard and he really needs to develop a bit of 'chill' to his game.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #800 on: February 28, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
I'd have AEG and Trez on the bench for Sunday and have Jack playing just behind Samatta up front.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #801 on: February 28, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »
AEG over Trez all day long. AEG has natural skill - he played very well against Spuds recently, for example.
He just needs to develops a tougher approach to his game and take more accountability, rather than opting out as he sometimes does.

Trez might develop into a impact sub but needs to back himself a little more as well as being much more aware of the players around him (when to pass / when to shoot decision-making has been poor).

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #802 on: March 01, 2020, 09:39:45 PM »
Top class cross for our goal. More of those please Anwar.

Offline supertom

« Reply #803 on: March 02, 2020, 04:15:33 PM »
Top class cross for our goal. More of those please Anwar.
I really hope he fancies it for the rest of the season. There's too many games where he either looks frightened of defenders who might bash him about a bit, or where he just isn't fancying it. He's got plenty of quality, but I think he's one of those players, because he'll only ever do it 1 game in 4, you'll never see him at a top 4 side in a decent league. But of course, there-in lies the Catch 22, if he was doing it week in, week out, we'd not have got him.

Offline myf

« Reply #804 on: March 02, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »
I've always rated AEG. what is he - 24 or 25? still learning with good potential but people want to "get rid". the same kind of comments directed at amavi ghana veretout troure...

the criticism from our lot is pathetic at times.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #805 on: March 02, 2020, 10:43:58 PM »
It kind of matches his performances. Nobody likes a player that hides. Not blaming him, I just don't think he's good enough for the PL. For the Championship we've a half decent player. Still, if fans want to defend his performances, help yourself.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #806 on: March 02, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »
It kind of matches his performances. Nobody likes a player that hides. Not blaming him, I just don't think he's good enough for the PL. For the Championship we've a half decent player. Still, if fans want to defend his performances, help yourself.

I didn't think he really stood out in the Championship last season and thought he might be signed as a bit part player at best in the summer.  Only really see him as an impact sub if we are to improve going forward. 

Offline Villan82

« Reply #807 on: March 02, 2020, 11:08:40 PM »
AEG has delivered goals and assists in both seasons.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #808 on: July 16, 2020, 08:05:54 PM »
Pretty much relegated us with that first class display of bottling. Wanker.

Offline myf

« Reply #809 on: July 16, 2020, 08:39:48 PM »
Pretty much relegated us with that first class display of bottling. Wanker.

shut up. the reason we're getting relegated is because we can't defend and our strikers are shit but let's put all the blame on a youngster who helped get us promoted and has contributed more than most this season.

where the fuck is Davis when these chances are created? At least El Ghazi gets in the positions.

He could be an important player for us next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal