collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211533 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #780 on: February 25, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
El Ghazj and Trez have done their bit for Villa.Maybe I not enough for some but hey ho!!!

Both have been utter flops. If we stay up we need to get rid of both. As the season has progressed they have got worse and worse.

AEGs "performance" was a disgrace in Saturday.  He didnt fancy it and  bottled it. We dont people like that at our club

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #781 on: February 25, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »
El Ghazj and Trez have done their bit for Villa.Maybe I not enough for some but hey ho!!!

Both have been utter flops. If we stay up we need to get rid of both. As the season has progressed they have got worse and worse.

AEGs "performance" was a disgrace in Saturday.  He didnt fancy it and  bottled it. We dont people like that at our club

You could say the same about some fans.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #782 on: February 25, 2020, 08:10:18 PM »

Without AEG, we wouldn't have won the play off final. He is a player of significant technical ability. Two footed, quick, good shot and cross on him. But sadly lacking in some of the more fundementals to make it as a top division player. The ability to battle and take a kicking for starters. If he added that to his game given his physique and other technical attributes, we would have some player. Unfortunately it's also probably the reason his career to date has been a bit nomadic.

Trez is horribly limited in almost every facet of his game. Does put in a bit more of a shift than AEG or Luiz but reminds me of a poor man's Andi Weimann to be honest. Nowhere near good enough for me.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #783 on: February 25, 2020, 08:25:03 PM »
I completely agree with that. I see a player in El Ghazi, I see nothing in Trez.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #784 on: February 25, 2020, 08:38:38 PM »
I completely agree with that. I see a player in El Ghazi, I see nothing in Trez.
I agree with this as well. El Ghazi has better attributes and with good coaching could improve further.

Trezeguet scored a decent goal against Liverpool and his goal got us to Wembley, but generally he hasn't been at the standard that is needed at this level.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #785 on: February 25, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
If he could stop being a sulky twat and play consistently each week, that would be a help.  Only seems to play well when he's been left out.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #786 on: February 25, 2020, 09:37:21 PM »
My take is that he, like most of our paper-thin squad, is new to this level. He can't be dropped altogether, and I think that that relentlessness of inclusion shows from time to time. For all we know, he'd possibly like a weekend on the bench where he knows there's little chance he'll be called upon which would give him some respite to recover his form. We had similar with Wes. I can see why it would be grinding.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #787 on: February 25, 2020, 10:00:07 PM »

They have not been utter flops. Yes not quite good enough but they have contributed. El Ghazi played a major part in our promotion.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #788 on: February 25, 2020, 10:06:57 PM »
Last year is so last year.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #789 on: February 25, 2020, 10:12:57 PM »
El Ghazi has it in him to be a good player. I think he will benefit a lot from this season and his decision making and commitment can improve. He has undoubted technical ability.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #790 on: February 25, 2020, 11:48:54 PM »
Wrong player, wrong time. Spurs suffered decades of signing them. All fart, no shit.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #791 on: February 26, 2020, 12:10:33 AM »
He's got 6 goals and 6 assists this season so he's obviously not been an utter flop, his form has dropped off lately though. I've been disappointed with Trez overall.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #792 on: February 26, 2020, 03:05:48 AM »
Neither AEG or Trez are good enough.  There's a long list of players not quite up to it right now and those 2 are top of the list.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #793 on: February 26, 2020, 05:06:45 AM »
I'd have AEG over Trez any day, doesn't make him a great player though, both bang average at best, come May if we're still a PL club get rid.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #794 on: February 26, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »

They have not been utter flops. Yes not quite good enough but they have contributed. El Ghazi played a major part in our promotion.

Im talking about this season as a permananent signing. Both have been huge disappointments in Pl. Between the both of them they havent had 10 decent games between them. Thats a major problem

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal