collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 213240 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently
« Reply #645 on: June 10, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »
welcome back Anwar

our own brummie Ronaldo . . .   lots of potential

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2019, 03:48:24 PM »
Good stuff. Very important we keep together key players from last season that understand what we're about. Dean Smith's words on once again, spot on. I'm sure as a big fan of Ronaldo, Anwar realises how hard he works at his game. Continue as he ended last season and we just might have a real player on our books.

Welcome back, Anwar. You've earned the opportunity.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »
As others have said, got progressively better as the season wore on (with better coaches around him) and went from a bit of a question mark to an essential signing. Excellent news.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
Happy with Anwar signing, cheap at that price. When he first started in the first tea I was calling him El Khazi as he was toilet, but after being coached by DS e has got better and better.
Looking forward to hopefully see him progress further next season.

Offline LowerNorthStand

« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2019, 05:43:11 PM »
Good to have the lad on board

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #650 on: June 10, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
Great stuff.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #651 on: June 10, 2019, 06:33:49 PM »
Good signing and a snip at £8m in the bonkers world of modern football.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2019, 07:51:36 PM »
Happy with Anwar signing, cheap at that price. When he first started in the first tea I was calling him El Khazi as he was toilet, but after being coached by DS e has got better and better.
Looking forward to hopefully see him progress further next season.

It was probably that that spurred him on.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #653 on: June 11, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »
We've paid €5m according to L'Equipe today, bargain.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #654 on: June 11, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »
We've paid €5m according to L'Equipe today, bargain.
I was looking at the replies to the LOSC Pravda announcement on Twitter. Virtually every tweet is positive, wishing Anwar luck, saying "Once a 'dogue' always a 'dogue", and expressing regrets that he was moving on. The only criticism I did see was one bloke who said that he lacked 'explosivité' for a winger but hoped he would develop his game in England.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 01:51:42 PM by Bad English »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #655 on: June 11, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
I love Anwar, for the following reasons:
1) Didn't sulk when he got dropped, but worked hard and took his chance when he got it.
2) Scoring at Wembley.
3) Not thinking he was the dog's bollocks and looking for a move elsewhere.
4) Putting aside his strongly held religious beliefs for the good of the club during Ramadan.
5) Impatiently urging the official AVFC social media sites to announce his signing yesterday.

A top, top chap indeed.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #656 on: June 11, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
1) Didn't sulk when he got dropped, but worked hard and took his chance when he got it.
2) Scoring at Wembley.
4) Putting aside his strongly held religious beliefs for the good of the club during Ramadan.
5) Impatiently urging the official AVFC social media sites to announce his signing yesterday.

A top, top chap indeed.

Number 1 is the key for me but I'd expand on it. He clearly has plenty of natural talent, that was obvious from the very beginning but what wasn't quite there was the work rate and consistency that you need over a long season. By the end of the season he'd added that, working much harder off the ball (and having a decent understanding of when to track back and when to hold his position) and that extra effort seeing him get more of the ball in better areas. From August to May I'd say he's the most improved player in the squad.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »
2) Scoring at Wembley.

A top, top chap indeed.

Number 1 is the key for me but I'd expand on it. He clearly has plenty of natural talent, that was obvious from the very beginning but what wasn't quite there was the work rate and consistency that you need over a long season. By the end of the season he'd added that, working much harder off the ball (and having a decent understanding of when to track back and when to hold his position) and that extra effort seeing him get more of the ball in better areas. From August to May I'd say he's the most improved player in the squad.

Yep

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2019, 08:15:26 PM »
Is the €5m confirmed? Where did the £8m come from? Either way it’s good business but if it’s the former that’s mental.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2019, 08:18:46 PM »
2) Scoring at Wembley.

A top, top chap indeed.

He was also, let's not forget, playing in front of Neil Taylor, so the attacking intent on that side was entirely down to him.  On the right side, you had Elmo overlapping whenever he could, which made life easier for Albert and Green, neither of whom looked anywhere near as good as Anwar.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal