collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211544 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed on loan
« Reply #555 on: May 28, 2019, 06:07:06 AM »
We've got to sign him especially at the reported price

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #556 on: May 28, 2019, 08:06:55 AM »
A player who is improving, it looks like he is being coached and encouraged.
I think there is more to come as he has talent.

Offline nigel

« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2019, 08:25:10 AM »
Seems to be flourishing under Dean. Our best player over the play offs

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #558 on: May 28, 2019, 08:37:05 AM »
He and Mings I think. A definite keep alongside letting Albert And Andre go and then finding someone to replace them.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #559 on: May 28, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »
I would have been skeptical about spending money on this lad before his performances in the play-offs but when you consider how he stood out, bearing in mind also that he was fasting for Ramadan, it really does show the quality he has. I'd be happy to see us trigger whatever fee we agreed when he took him on loan, if it's around the £5m mark as reported then we'd be stupid not to.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #560 on: May 28, 2019, 10:36:11 AM »
We must sign him up was brilliant yesterday but he's been a revelation under Dean Smith.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2019, 10:55:37 AM »
I would have been skeptical about spending money on this lad before his performances in the play-offs but when you consider how he stood out, bearing in mind also that he was fasting for Ramadan, it really does show the quality he has. I'd be happy to see us trigger whatever fee we agreed when he took him on loan, if it's around the £5m mark as reported then we'd be stupid not to.

El Ghazi broke the fasting rule for the final:

"After those semi-final matches, I thought: I have to be professional and not fast during the final, because then I have to be on top," said El Ghazi in conversation with the club channel of Aston Villa. "Of course it is part of my faith, but sometimes you have to make other decisions. I have discussed this extensively with my family and I hope that God will forgive me."

40,000 fans in the stadium forgive you fella!  He was absolutely immense yesterday I thought, and my vote for MOTM.  That can't have been an easy decision for him, and I hope we sign him up for next season.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #562 on: May 28, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »

El Ghazi broke the fasting rule for the final:

"After those semi-final matches, I thought: I have to be professional and not fast during the final, because then I have to be on top," said El Ghazi in conversation with the club channel of Aston Villa. "Of course it is part of my faith, but sometimes you have to make other decisions. I have discussed this extensively with my family and I hope that God will forgive me."

40,000 fans in the stadium forgive you fella!  He was absolutely immense yesterday I thought, and my vote for MOTM.  That can't have been an easy decision for him, and I hope we sign him up for next season.

What a legend! Love Anwar, and his tribute to Nouri, also.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #563 on: May 28, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
They kept Jack and McGinn wuietvtova point, this man steopedv up big time!

yes. whatever you just said, I agree with Luke :)
Oh wow.

Offline kieron

« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2019, 11:14:20 AM »
Being reported that we've triggered the option to sign Anwar.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »
Around £8m

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2019, 11:19:07 AM »
Good news.  He really came into his own at the back end of last season, and can only get better.  Needs to start adding more goals to his game, he's got the talent.

Offline kieron

« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »
I do like this 'we're not fucking about whatsoever and just getting shit done nice and early' version of Aston Villa Football Club.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2019, 11:20:47 AM »

Shit me, we're not fucking around in this window are we. Very pleased if true, £8m is very little these days for a player of his age with definite potential. He grew on me over those last couple of months, and he obviously loves playing for us which is important as well.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2019, 11:24:35 AM »

Shit me, we're not fucking around in this window are we. Very pleased if true, £8m is very little these days for a player of his age with definite potential. He grew on me over those last couple of months, and he obviously loves playing for us which is important as well.

Seen quotes for 9 million Euros agreed, in todays market that's a steal if true, it seemed to me that the longer Dean worked with him the better he got.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal