collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 213080 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed on loan
« Reply #510 on: May 13, 2019, 10:57:09 AM »
I imagine, as it was this weekend, it will be a case of the players being asked how they feel prior to the game and making a sensible collective decision. We have players who can come in and do a job. Mind you of the two I’d be more concerned about replacing Elmo.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #511 on: May 13, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »
8 o'clock kick off, Dodger. They'll still be in the changing room.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #512 on: May 13, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »
When I was at school all the lads I did PE with we’re allowed sips of water during and after sport. I’m not sure if this was just a school policy as they were young lads.
Anyways, he’ll play, he’ll score and we will win.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #513 on: May 13, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »
The best example is this case is what happened with Ajax players in the CL semi final  last Wednesday. Ziyech and Mazraoui started the game that kicked off at 8PM but were able to take some nutrition  at 24 minutes into the match. For our guys  and Hegazi it's going to be 8.55 tomorrow. I am assuming that the Ajax staff "managed" their players' wellbeing before and during the match. I have no doubt that Villa back room staff will be just as professional.
This is not a unique situation by any means. There were possibly 13 players  in a similar position during the England v Pakistan one day match on Saturday. During the Cricket World Cup starting in couple of weeks almost every Country taking part will be affected.

Online olaftab

« Reply #514 on: May 13, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »
They can take on food and water at half-time. Presumably they've dealt with this before and don't consider it a problem. Seems a bit odd to decide it is a problem on their behalf, and you leave yourselves open to legal action if you decide to drop players based on their religious beliefs.
This will not happen. There are lot of do's and don'ts that kick in during Ramadan. It is actually more restrictive mentally than physically. Purpose being to cleanse your self and set good habits for the rest of the year. During fast your personal conduct must be exemplarily. Threatening someone or taking an aggressive stance just because you are fasting invalidates your fast. Instruction there is do not fast if fasting is going to impinge on your chosen way of providing a living for yourself and your family.  There are dispensations and alternatives available to remedy this for individuals.

What's more likely is that it will probably do more harm than good if players were forced not to fast. Remember it's the belief that is supreme here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »
We'll all let him off if he decides to not be that devout for the evening, right?  Playing his part in warding off the forces of evil from Smethwick is surely a godly enough endeavour.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
Isn't there something about skipping your fast for work reasons and 'paying it forward' by doing charitable work instead? I know a few people in Bergen who both follow the Mecca timings and do charity work because they feel that they're cheating otherwise.

Online olaftab

« Reply #517 on: May 13, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »
We'll all let him off if he decides to not be that devout for the evening, right?  Playing his part in warding off the forces of evil from Smethwick is surely a godly enough endeavour.
In the book first verse of Chapter 31 starts with : Fuck the Albion. Need I say more.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »
Apparently you're allowed to eat/drink if you're going on a 'journey', which seems very much open to interpretation
Well, El Ghazi is going on a trip to Sandwell which is the second stop on our journey to the Premier League. My interpretation is therefore: Elmo and Anwar, fill your boots like it is is 05/06/2019!

Online olaftab

« Reply #519 on: May 13, 2019, 12:23:28 PM »
Isn't there something about skipping your fast for work reasons and 'paying it forward' by doing charitable work instead? I know a few people in Bergen who both follow the Mecca timings and do charity work because they feel that they're cheating otherwise.
Yes all of that  and more as mentioned previously.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #520 on: May 13, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
In the book first verse of Chapter 31 starts with : Fuck the Albion. Need I say more.

Though at as much!

Ramadan Mubarak Aftab!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2019, 08:17:31 PM »

Brilliant !

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #522 on: May 13, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »
Do vitamin supplements etc, pills and injections, count?

Online olaftab

« Reply #523 on: May 13, 2019, 08:37:59 PM »
Ramadan Mubarak Aftab!
Thank you.

Online olaftab

« Reply #524 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:31 PM »
Do vitamin supplements etc, pills and injections, count?
Not allowed unless it’s necessary prescribed medicine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal