collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211541 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed on loan
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2019, 11:57:05 AM »
I hope he get's it overturned before the Norwich game and that cheat Bamford get's a three game ban instead.

I hope not. I'd prefer to see him playing up front for Leeds. He's shit.

Kemar Roofe is a much better striker for way Leeds play.

I know who I'd rather see upfront for them if we meet again in PO final.

Oh indeed. Roofe was rushed back last week when he came off the bench and it was embarrassing to see how poor he was. It was like watching a pub player.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »
I hope he get's it overturned before the Norwich game and that cheat Bamford get's a three game ban instead.

this would only be fair in my opinion, a straight red is a 3 game ban.

UTV
The Doc

For some offences it is - for others it's a one match ban.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
There's no doubt it will be over turned in plenty of time for Norwich so no need to panic about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fine for failing to control players though.  Not that I think we deserve it, but the players actions - particularly Hourihane - were far worse than against Blues.

The only silver lining is I don't see how Bamford can avoid a ban.

Wasn’t he given a card as a result of the incident though which means he can’t be given a retrospective punishment?
Not for simulation he wasn't.

Bamford's yellow was for his assault on Hourihane, not for play acting. He can still get picked up retrospectively and should receive a 2 game ban.

El Ghazi's red will be overturned by the end of tomorrow I would imagine.
It at same time it’s possible that Hourihane will get a ban for his punch to stomach / ribs

That is quite possible as well.

If the ref or linesman had seen Hourihane do that he might have been sent off for violent conduct. You can't just go up and jab a bloke in the ribs. That was a twat thing to do as much as he was defending his teammates.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »
There's no doubt it will be over turned in plenty of time for Norwich so no need to panic about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fine for failing to control players though.  Not that I think we deserve it, but the players actions - particularly Hourihane - were far worse than against Blues.

The only silver lining is I don't see how Bamford can avoid a ban.

Wasn’t he given a card as a result of the incident though which means he can’t be given a retrospective punishment?
Not for simulation he wasn't.

Bamford's yellow was for his assault on Hourihane, not for play acting. He can still get picked up retrospectively and should receive a 2 game ban.

El Ghazi's red will be overturned by the end of tomorrow I would imagine.
It at same time it’s possible that Hourihane will get a ban for his punch to stomach / ribs

That is quite possible as well.

If the ref or linesman had seen Hourihane do that he might have been sent off for violent conduct. You can't just go up and jab a bloke in the ribs. That was a twat thing to do as much as he was defending his teammates.

I’m not sure he did really. The bloke didn’t even flinch

Offline KRS

« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »
Well the incidents are now being analysed on SSN, and I get the feeling the following will happen on official review:

1. El Ghazi red card rescinded.
2. Bamford charged with deceiving officials and receive 2 game ban.
3. Hourihane charge with violent conduct and possible 3 game ban.
3. Both teams charged with failing to control players and fined.

I agree the “punch” was a nonsense and was so soft that their player didn’t react, however I think they will charge him for the action and intent.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
Well the incidents are now being analysed on SSN, and I get the feeling the following will happen on official review:

I agree the “punch” was a nonsense and was so soft that their player didn’t react, however I think they will charge him for the action and intent.

Agreed in principle, but a 2 match ban to equal Bamford's. It would be a massive fuck you from the FA to Villa if they took our request for a review and turned that into banning our player for longer than the Leeds lad. I'm not saying they wouldn't do it as they are daft eejits at the best of times, but I'd like to think some level of common sense would prevail.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »

Agreed in principle, but a 2 match ban to equal Bamford's. It would be a massive fuck you from the FA to Villa if they took our request for a review and turned that into banning our player for longer than the Leeds lad. I'm not saying they wouldn't do it as they are daft eejits at the best of times, but I'd like to think some level of common sense would prevail.

Didn't Lee Hendrie get banned for an incident at Manchester City years ago when he did a headbutt gesture to the opposition player, even though he didn't make contact and clearly didn't intend to?

Offline KRS

« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2019, 03:06:45 PM »

I agree and think it should be no more than 1 game ban for Hourihane if they do charge him given that the action and footage is inconclusive (ie their player didn't react so he may not have made contact or it could have been a point/prod gesture as we can't see his fist). If it was a 3 game ban then the club should most certainly appeal.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
violent conduct is a 3 match ban, he only punched him softly isn't really much of a defence.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
violent conduct is a 3 match ban, he only punched him softly isn't really much of a defence.

Has he punched him? The more I see it the less it looks right to me. He appears to swing his arm like he's throwing a bit of a strop and then opens his hand at the end. Like he's pushing him rather punching. Which would make more sense given the total lack of reaction - you'd expect a bit of light shoving but not a fist, however soft. I don't think there's a single player who'd show no reaction if he knew someone had just swung a fist at him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #400 on: April 29, 2019, 03:37:30 PM »
He goes to punch him, that the player hardly reacts is a credit to him but doesn't change it being violent conduct, I really don't get why anyone is trying to defend that. If that had been a sha player on Jack there'd almost certainly be zero attempts on here to play it down.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #401 on: April 29, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »
He goes to punch him, that the player hardly reacts is a credit to him but doesn't change it being violent conduct, I really don't get why anyone is trying to defend that. If that had been a sha player on Jack there'd almost certainly be zero attempts on here to play it down.

"He goes to punch him"

What does that even mean? Has he punched him or not, in your view?

If he has, why the total lack of reaction?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #402 on: April 29, 2019, 03:42:45 PM »
Personally I think El Ghazi will get his red  card rescinded and the clubs will be charged with failing to control their players end of.

Connor and Bambi got yellow cards so the argument will be that the ref saw the incident and that will be that.

Leeds remains as a stained football club all these years on, well done Don Revie you created a prick of a monster and you would be welcome at the Sty any day.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #403 on: April 29, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »

"He goes to punch him"

What does that even mean? Has he punched him or not, in your view?

If he has, why the total lack of reaction?

Yes but he started to pull it when he realised what he was doing, so it's violent conduct. The whole he hardly hit him is such a shit defence just because it's a Villa player that I reckon PH came up with it.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2019, 03:51:25 PM »
If they both got booked which I think they did, can the FA still act retrospectively?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal