collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anwar El Ghazi - gone to PSV  (Read 211556 times)

Offline danno

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed on loan
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »
Maybe he's lethal the rest of the time, but yesterday I thought Bamford looked useless.  I thought a cast member of TOWIE had won a competition to play upfront.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »
Maybe he's lethal the rest of the time, but yesterday I thought Bamford looked useless.  I thought a cast member of TOWIE had won a competition to play upfront.

None of their fans seem to rate him very highy at all.  What with them all being gruff Yorkshire folk, he's regarded as a southern, public school ponce.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
There's no doubt it will be over turned in plenty of time for Norwich so no need to panic about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fine for failing to control players though.  Not that I think we deserve it, but the players actions - particularly Hourihane - were far worse than against Blues.

The only silver lining is I don't see how Bamford can avoid a ban.

Wasn’t he given a card as a result of the incident though which means he can’t be given a retrospective punishment?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
There's no doubt it will be over turned in plenty of time for Norwich so no need to panic about that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another fine for failing to control players though.  Not that I think we deserve it, but the players actions - particularly Hourihane - were far worse than against Blues.

Wasn’t he given a card as a result of the incident though which means he can’t be given a retrospective punishment?
Not for simulation he wasn't.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:57 AM »
I hope he get's it overturned before the Norwich game and that cheat Bamford get's a three game ban instead.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
I hope he get's it overturned before the Norwich game and that cheat Bamford get's a three game ban instead.

this would only be fair in my opinion, a straight red is a 3 game ban.

UTV
The Doc

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »

Think there were some stats mentioned before the game that his highest total of goals in one season is 17 and that he has managed to rack up 10 clubs by the age of 25. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »

Bamford's yellow was for his assault on Hourihane, not for play acting. He can still get picked up retrospectively and should receive a 2 game ban.

El Ghazi's red will be overturned by the end of tomorrow I would imagine.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »

Bamford's yellow was for his assault on Hourihane, not for play acting. He can still get picked up retrospectively and should receive a 2 game ban.

Great I hope he does.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2019, 10:56:24 AM »

I hope not. I'd prefer to see him playing up front for Leeds. He's shit.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »

Good point well made

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2019, 11:41:00 AM »

It at same time it’s possible that Hourihane will get a ban for his punch to stomach / ribs

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2019, 11:42:29 AM »

Kemar Roofe is a much better striker for way Leeds play.

I know who I'd rather see upfront for them if we meet again in PO final.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »

It at same time it’s possible that Hourihane will get a ban for his punch to stomach / ribs

No contact made as far a I could see. Other bloke didn’t even flinch.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2019, 11:53:01 AM »

That is quite possible as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal