Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Jimmy Brown

<< < (2/8) > >>

Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air:
Part of the 1972 youth cup winning team beating Liverpool which also included Brian and Alan Little, John Gidman, Bobby McDonald, and Jake Findlay.

The Doc said we were looking at a future Scotland captain, I think he still lives round Birmingham.

steamer:
I think I remember him giving Francis a bit off a kicking

SteveN:
I also saw his debut and a few more games he played.  I don't remember whether he was any good.

Flamingo Lane:
15 years and 349 days, to be exact, v Bolton on 17/9/1969.

PGW:

--- Quote from: Brassneck on August 17, 2018, 05:01:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: dave shelley on August 17, 2018, 04:35:14 PM ---Pretty sure this is correct.  I was there at his debut, lost 2-1 to Bolton on a night when Docherty dropped Charlie Aitken. I know he was dropped and not injured as he told me, he was sat in the seat behind me.

--- End quote ---

Giving your age away there Dave.

I actually saw him play myself, just after his debut.  It was against Hull and we came back from 0-2 down to win 3-2.  Can't remember anything about it though sadly.

--- End quote ---
David Rudge with the winner and i don't think i've ever seen a goal celebrated with team mates since.

I met up with Davie Rudge many years later and made the point of asking why. The players basic salary was crap in those days but under Tommy Doc the win bonuses
were huge, and that being Villas first win of the season brought them their first win bonus, cue celebration.
Jimmy Brown certainly does live around Birmingham...the last time i saw him was in the Olde Royal in Church St. a couple of years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version