collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654027 times)

Offline Havencheese

Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #3060 on: January 18, 2022, 07:45:13 PM »
Wouldn’t sell him either, he’s still good enough to play in a Villa shirt. We can flog him off to those Manc losers when he’s on the decline for £20M. Then we’ll take their emerging youth for next to nothing, who will thrive at a stronger club.

This is the new narrative.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #3061 on: January 18, 2022, 07:52:47 PM »
We don’t need to upgrade McGinn
He’s already a top six rated player in my view

This, if he was not up to it why the interest in buying him?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3062 on: January 19, 2022, 09:30:31 AM »
If McGinn, Watkins and Mings, three players who it has been suggested we should upgrade, went on the market tomorrow they'd all end up in better teams than we are right now.
100%
200%

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3063 on: January 19, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »
Lets just not sell one of our better players and fan favourites to Manchester fucking Utd eh?  Surely we can all agree on that?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3064 on: January 19, 2022, 10:58:36 AM »
Lets just not sell one of our better players and fan favourites to Manchester fucking Utd eh?  Surely we can all agree on that?

I wouldn't sell those fuckers air.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3065 on: January 19, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »
They'd probably offer McTominay with a side portion of Kleberson and Bebé in exchange.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3066 on: January 19, 2022, 11:01:50 AM »
The days of Manure saying we want him we're having him are long gone. They can jog on.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3067 on: January 20, 2022, 11:05:01 AM »

Because they're not a top 6 team.

This is the worst Man Utd team in living memory.  SJM would struggle to get in to any of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, and West Ham's midfields.  If we want to get in to the Champions League there'll come a point in time when SJM isn't good enough.  That's not now as we're not there yet.  But if a desperate Man Utd offered Harry Maguire money I'd snap their hands off.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #3068 on: January 20, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »

This is the worst Man Utd team in living memory.  SJM would struggle to get in to any of Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, and West Ham's midfields.  If we want to get in to the Champions League there'll come a point in time when SJM isn't good enough.  That's not now as we're not there yet.  But if a desperate Man Utd offered Harry Maguire money I'd snap their hands off.

They’d be buying him as part of top 6 ambitions though which might be an indicator that we shouldn’t be letting him go as part of ours.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3069 on: January 20, 2022, 11:31:06 AM »

They’d be buying him as part of top 6 ambitions though which might be an indicator that we shouldn’t be letting him go as part of ours.

I'm not sure they are.  Chances are this is actually just journalist rumours, simply based on the fact that their midfield is crap and SJM would absolutely be an upgrade on McTominay and Fred.

But being better than McTominay doesn't make him top 6 quality.  There are no rumours of the teams who are actually top 6 quality being interested in him.  The only team currently in the top 6 I think he'd get in is Arsenal and they're level on points with a dreadful Man Utd team.

Just to be clear though, I don't think we should be looking to move him on, nor do I think he will move on.  But he's not as good as Grealish and we sold him without the club collapsing.  So if someone offered us £80m I'd take it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3070 on: January 20, 2022, 12:44:21 PM »
I'd swap him for Ward-Prowse.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3071 on: January 20, 2022, 12:52:31 PM »
I'd swap him for Ward-Prowse.

I wouldn’t. He’s a decent player but just swapping one good player for another isn’t the way to improve a team.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3072 on: January 20, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »

Absolutely Amfy, completely agree with this.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3073 on: January 20, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »

I wouldn't sell those fuckers air.

If it was put in a 'Yanited' or 'TTOD' branded bottle they'd probably buy it.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3074 on: January 20, 2022, 01:19:28 PM »
As much as i like his enthusiasm and on his day he can be fabulous to watch with his energy and work rate, If anyone offered £40+m i would rip their hands off.

He has had some shockers and is never pulled or left out unless through injury and i do not think that is healthy in any team. Different story with the likes of Greedy as he was an exceptional, generational talent and his absence seriously hindered our play. I thought our midfield in 2nd half was superb with out SJM.

You just know he will be straight back in on Saturday, no matter how well we played in 2nd half and i am never happy when that happens with any player

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal