collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 653850 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #2040 on: July 12, 2020, 10:21:08 AM »
It was reported that he was carrying an injury before the major one and yet he was kept in the team. He’s not been managed at all well this season
The management team can be blamed for a lot of things this season but the personal condition and fitness of McGinn isn’t one of them. He’s got to take a lot of the responsibility for that

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2041 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
It was reported that he was carrying an injury before the major one and yet he was kept in the team. He’s not been managed at all well this season
The management team can be blamed for a lot of things this season but the personal condition and fitness of McGinn isn’t one of them. He’s got to take a lot of the responsibility for that

He should.

But why aren’t our fitness people checking on him daily? Maybe the BMI is going up, maybe weight, stamina. I don’t know. It just seems like he rocked back up at BMH and said “Hi everyone, here I am”.

I do agree though the doesn’t seem like one of the players who would just switch off and give up, so yeah, maybe there is more than meets the eye here. For Tyrone Mings to be having a go at him is ironic in the extreme.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2042 on: July 12, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »

I’m afraid I don’t agree, if he reported an injury and said he wanted to play through it, and then his performance noticeably dipped, and he then picked up a more serious injury. That’s poor management, he shouldn’t have been given the choice.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2043 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:09 AM »
As I put in the Smith thread , he suffered another stress fracture before we where due to play Chelsea before the Covid break.He couldnt train during lockdown  he has been thrown in with hardly any training that's why he looks so off the pace

Where has that story come from?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2044 on: July 12, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
As I put in the Smith thread , he suffered another stress fracture before we where due to play Chelsea before the Covid break.He couldnt train during lockdown  he has been thrown in with hardly any training that's why he looks so off the pace

Interesting. So I guess in normal circumstances he'd have been ruled out for the season. I assume with the lockdown he simply couldn't do any rehab at training ground for two months.

He's miles off the pace and shouldn't be starting. I really doubt anyone is going to come in with 20m + bids. Remember he did sign a new deal last August.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2045 on: July 12, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »
I doubt he will go for big money if he is still recovering from a very nasty injury.
He might actually stay.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2046 on: July 12, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »

Smith has said so himself. It explains why he's looked so off the pace if he's hardly trained.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2047 on: July 12, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »

Telegraph behind paywall

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2048 on: July 12, 2020, 12:31:46 PM »

Interesting. So I guess in normal circumstances he'd have been ruled out for the season. I assume with the lockdown he simply couldn't do any rehab at training ground for two months.

He's miles off the pace and shouldn't be starting. I really doubt anyone is going to come in with 20m + bids. Remember he did sign a new deal last August.

Yeah would of been out for season, from what I can gather with a stress fracture the most he would be able to do is cycling /swimming.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #2049 on: July 12, 2020, 01:17:04 PM »
You can’t blame the management for a professional footballer letting himself go and becoming a lard arse.  You can blame them for thinking it’s a good idea to bring him into vital PL games looking like said lard arse.

My point is that we’ve snookered ourselves and despite having the jan window to solve the issue was ended up with a replacement so useless that he can’t get on the bench when McGinn is barely able to cover 5 yards to get on a pass after half an hour.

Of course the players are to blame for being out of shape and/or a bad presence in the squad.

But why the hell are we having to pick between two players so hopelessly ill equipped to do a job in such a key position? That bit isn’t their fault.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2050 on: July 12, 2020, 01:44:10 PM »
So we couple we’ll be on the way to fucking up one of our best players for next season?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2051 on: July 12, 2020, 05:36:09 PM »
Much better performance today from SJM.  Much more drive and energy.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #2052 on: July 12, 2020, 05:41:40 PM »
Thought he performed better than Man Utd game, but still a shadow of his former self. Looked knackered at HT but not going to criticise his effort today... much better. 👍🏼

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #2053 on: July 12, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
Better today. Should have been subbed but looked up for it, covered a decent amount distance and attacked a lot more.

When Samatta missed that header SJM was up there next to him.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #2054 on: July 12, 2020, 06:42:42 PM »
Better today. Should have been subbed but looked up for it, covered a decent amount distance and attacked a lot more.

When Samatta missed that header SJM was up there next to him.

Yeah a lot better today and still running at the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal