collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently by OzVilla
[Today at 03:05:48 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 01:14:31 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by adrenachrome
[Today at 12:50:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:49:26 AM]

Re: Anyone starting to get worried? by adrenachrome
[Today at 12:35:57 AM]

Re: Current Formation by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 12:29:34 AM]

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:10:33 AM]

Re: Anwar El Ghazi - signed permanently by Rudy Can't Fail
[February 25, 2020, 11:48:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Orjan Nyland - signed  (Read 61486 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

Re: Orjan Nyland - signed
« Reply #855 on: January 29, 2020, 05:40:25 AM »
Love the bloke.
What a performance,

Offline nigel

« Reply #856 on: January 29, 2020, 07:49:36 AM »
Has to start in the final for me.

Canít see Dean doing to Nyland what MOíN did to Guzan for the final.

Offline JD

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #857 on: January 29, 2020, 07:55:44 AM »
Has to start in the final for me.

Totally agree Martin, he deserves his big day out at Wembley.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #858 on: January 29, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »
I wasn't sure about the Reina signing as I thought Nyland had really stepped up every time he's been called upon this season and once again he was outstanding.

I was wrong about Reina - he has looked great so far and I'm delighted we've got him.  But Nyland is very unlucky to lhave lost his place and I agree with others he's absolutely earn't his place for the final.

If nothing else he has surely put several million on his price tag should we need to sell him in the summer.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #859 on: January 29, 2020, 09:01:56 AM »
Not that it matters, but I actually thought his best save was the one low down from Maddisonís shot. Had a great game and difficult to say he doesnít deserve a chance in the final.

One thing I would say though, that seemed noticeable to me, was that we did seem to avoid going back to his feet a lot more than we have been doing with Reina. This may have been by instruction, as Leicester do press high and we are still a work in progress with regards to playing out from the back in this formation, but Reina has certainly helped retain possession more when he has played.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #860 on: January 29, 2020, 09:05:04 AM »
Won us the game last night tbh. He's come on so much from last season when even his kicking was terrible.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 22.04.2020
« Reply #861 on: January 29, 2020, 09:15:33 AM »
This boy is our future goalkeeper. Should be permanent first teamer once Tom is done.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #862 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:54 AM »
Someone, I think it was PWS, said before the game that he either has games where he looks world class or quite the opposite, and hoped it would be the former. Thankfully last night he was absolutely exceptional. I can't praise him enough for some of those saves.

Personally I really like him, and when Reina was first mooted I said he should feel hard done by and that I'd prefer to see Orjan get a run, however I do think we're prone to latch on to the most recent performance a player has and flip-flop between extremes. Reflecting on it, he's probably realistically a shade off being consistent enough to be our #1 choice in the Premier League at the moment. Hard to see that changing under Smith who clearly values an experienced head between the sticks over the occasional heroics i.e. Steer's penalty saves last year or Orjan's fingertip saves last night.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 08.06.20
« Reply #863 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:20 AM »
I get what youíre saying, but Nyland is 29, baby faced but not a boy, so should be coming into his peak

Offline Diablo

« Reply #864 on: January 29, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
Won us the game last night tbh. He's come on so much from last season when even his kicking was terrible.
I agree but as fantastic as he was and instrumental in the win, I'd still play Reina in the final. There's little room for sentiment and as you say his distribution is not a patch on Reina's who for me makes the defence much more confident and effective who in turn, give much more assured error ridden performances. Really tough call but as difficult as it is Reina would be one of the first names on my final team sheet.

Offline Bren'd

• GM : 23.02.2020
« Reply #865 on: January 29, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
You play your best team possible in important games. If the manager sees Reina as our best option then he should play him.

Offline supertom

« Reply #866 on: January 29, 2020, 02:11:52 PM »
I think Nyland has done well throughout this season when called upon. I kind of forgive him for the Man City game because theres not much a keeper can do when the defence and midfield just open up like the red sea. To be fair too, of late we've generally been improving looking more organised, so that was hopefully a blip for everyone. I think we've seen a bit of a turnaround since the 3 at the back switch.

I've no qualms about Nyland starting regularly, but by the same token, Reina's experience is important for us in the situation we're in.
For me Nyland should start in the final though. He's earned that. We're probably going to face City too, so we have a chance to make amends for that 6-1 capitulation.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #867 on: January 29, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »
Iím sure injury aside he will start in the final. And I canít imagine Reina being upset about it who will likely play all league games as long heís fit. It brilliant to have two very solid keepers at the club with another one in Heaton who will come back next season hopefully fully fit.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #868 on: January 29, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »
I'd definitely stick Reina in. Nyland on the bench to come on later when we're already 3-0 up.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #869 on: January 29, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
Just to qualify that, I think we're a better team with Reina, he communicates really well, has experienced the big occasion and has pedigree.

It's tough on Nyland, but that's the game.