collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 226726 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #930 on: December 02, 2021, 07:29:28 PM »
If there are upcoming consultations the pathetic behaviour of villa's social media in recent days, and the invite to Grealish for the West Ham game, need to be raised. Some wonderful, loyal servants of our club have not had this treatment why has a disloyal ex player who tried three times to leave us had this treatment? If anybody should be invited to Villa gams it is a real legend like Paul McGrath.
Also, inviting that free-loader Prince.

Actually - I have no issue with him - he seems to genuiely love the club. 

But Purslow loves a celeb.  It might be a bit tin-foil hat, but I wouldnt be surprised if there is an informal plan to bring Joe back in the future thinking it is good PR for both parties

Undoubtably thats why they are still courting him, because they know on Social Media Joe drives more clicks then aything else villa does.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #931 on: December 02, 2021, 07:51:23 PM »
Who was it that wondered if part of the reason for appointing Steven Gerrard was to replace Ratboy as our galactico? Purslow certainly does seem to love a celeb.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #932 on: December 02, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »
If there are upcoming consultations the pathetic behaviour of villa's social media in recent days, and the invite to Grealish for the West Ham game, need to be raised. Some wonderful, loyal servants of our club have not had this treatment why has a disloyal ex player who tried three times to leave us had this treatment? If anybody should be invited to Villa gams it is a real legend like Paul McGrath.

But Purslow loves a celeb.  It might be a bit tin-foil hat, but I wouldnt be surprised if there is an informal plan to bring Joe back in the future thinking it is good PR for both parties

Undoubtably thats why they are still courting him, because they know on Social Media Joe drives more clicks then aything else villa does.

Prince William has been to matches for years, before the current owners and Purslow arrived.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #933 on: December 02, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »

Prince William has been to matches for years, before the current owners and Purslow arrived.
yeah - that was tongue in cheek - he clearly is smitten and has been since he got interested in football. 

Offline Beard82

« Reply #934 on: December 02, 2021, 08:10:21 PM »
Who was it that wondered if part of the reason for appointing Steven Gerrard was to replace Ratboy as our galactico? Purslow certainly does seem to love a celeb.
That may have been me - I did say things along that line a few times.

Still think its the case.  Though, TBF, Im starting to wonder if he got this one right. 

If so - I would say more by luck than judgement.  But Im cynical and he reminds me too much of a "management consultant"

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #935 on: December 02, 2021, 08:15:07 PM »
Is Gerrard really that much of a "Galactico"? He was a great player but I wouldn't say he had the global attraction of the likes of Beckham or Henry etc. He's never advertised anything to my knowledge, and I don't really recall seeing much of him whan he was up in Scotland, other than the odd mention of results on TV. Most Liverpool fans I know want him to well at Villa, but that's about it.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #936 on: December 02, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »
That may have been me - I did say things along that line a few times.

Still think its the case.  Though, TBF, Im starting to wonder if he got this one right. 

If so - I would say more by luck than judgement.  But Im cynical and he reminds me too much of a "management consultant"
I dont know if he is - I just think that Purslow thinks he is.  From what I have read about CP's time at liverpool he seemed to be in love with him, and I dont think SG CV warrents this job (although, so far I am happy admit that I am starting to wonder if hit is right manager, right time).  The PR it has created has meant the club has had more focus in the media. 

I am happy to admit I am most likely putting 2 and 2 together and making 10, but what else am I going to do with my time?  Spend it with my family!?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #937 on: December 02, 2021, 08:46:14 PM »
Just seen a video of him debating Simon Jordan (also somebody who drips Tory) and it's like watching a boss who you hated in a HR meeting.

The one you knew would fucking win because he was a slick, clever bastard. I'm glad he's ours.

Can’t argue with that scenario

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #938 on: January 16, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »
He is one slick communicator.
Very articulate and thought out briefings. Glad we have him

He deserves a lot of credit for our upturn in fortunes. It's not all about having money to spend, although that helps. When I look at the shambles of the likes of Everton and Newcastle atm, I'm really glad we have this guy directing us the right way, compared to his predessors. I think he was key in investing in the youth, which seems to be starting to pay off.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #939 on: January 16, 2022, 12:21:48 PM »
Is Gerrard really that much of a "Galactico"? He was a great player but I wouldn't say he had the global attraction of the likes of Beckham or Henry etc. He's never advertised anything to my knowledge, and I don't really recall seeing much of him whan he was up in Scotland, other than the odd mention of results on TV. Most Liverpool fans I know want him to well at Villa, but that's about it.

I guess that’s to do with their history of them getting in former players and associates (the inflated importance of knowing the club) to the club rather than the very best for the job. Dalgleish played and managed with success. Roy Evans bit part player and manager but only 1 league cup. Klop is there for as long as he’s happy. Unless we start winning the league they’ll be happy with who they’ve got.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #940 on: January 16, 2022, 01:30:25 PM »
He deserves a lot of credit for our upturn in fortunes. It's not all about having money to spend, although that helps. When I look at the shambles of the likes of Everton and Newcastle atm, I'm really glad we have this guy directing us the right way, compared to his predessors. I think he was key in investing in the youth, which seems to be starting to pay off.

Something I've been wondering about for a while is that for owners new to football NSWE seem to have a fully rounded approach i.e. investing in youth, facilities as well simply spending to upgrade the first team. Is it all down to Purslow as it would seem a lot for one person or do they have others in the background advising on strategy and longer term matters?

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #941 on: January 16, 2022, 01:48:40 PM »
I think either owning or having a major hand in other sporting teams means they have a good depth of knowledge about how a club should be run. They give Purslow their ideals and he runs with it.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #942 on: January 16, 2022, 02:10:25 PM »
Was reflecting last night that I don't think I have been this positive about the club, the way its run, the manager, the squad, ownership, our CEO, and our future for many years (probably most my adult life).  There are always things to improve and frustrations, but one can't help feel we are absolutely headed back to the top echelons of the game.

Wes, Nassif, and Christian really do deserve our respect.   

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #943 on: January 16, 2022, 02:15:29 PM »
Was reflecting last night that I don't think I have been this positive about the club, the way its run, the manager, the squad, ownership, our CEO, and our future for many years (probably most my adult life).  There are always things to improve and frustrations, but one can't help feel we are absolutely headed back to the top echelons of the game.

Wes, Nassif, and Christian really do deserve our respect.   

Aye, it's looking good.  Last time there was so much optimism for when MON first took over and we signed Ashley Young and John Carew.  I'd say this is more exciting as we've endured so much dross for what seems like an age. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #944 on: January 16, 2022, 02:30:52 PM »
Do we know when the stadium refurb announcement is coming?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal