collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 230033 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #1200 on: October 21, 2022, 08:49:21 PM »
It's just words. When O'Neill left the board said they would be interviewing candidates and got pelters from people who said it wasn't a normal job and this wasn't how clubs appoint managers. It was, and it still is. Purslow et al would be daft not to have had a list of who they wanted to replace Gerrard from the day he got the job, and to have updated it regularly.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1201 on: October 21, 2022, 08:51:27 PM »
If reports are correct and it took one of the owners to flip last night for Gerrard to go then surely Purslow's position is untenable anyway. Should never have appointed Gerrard but after the Palace game it was clear something was very wrong. 

He has to go, sure the club ripped up it's structure to accommodate Gerrard and it's going to take a while to recover.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1202 on: October 21, 2022, 09:23:46 PM »
If reports are correct and it took one of the owners to flip last night for Gerrard to go then surely Purslow's position is untenable anyway. Should never have appointed Gerrard but after the Palace game it was clear something was very wrong. 

He has to go, sure the club ripped up it's structure to accommodate Gerrard and it's going to take a while to recover.

It won't take a while to recover. You're making it sound like were dead and buried. It's not exactly Graham Taylor 'This club is a shambles' territory.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1203 on: October 21, 2022, 09:40:30 PM »
Digne is a world Cup winner so just calm down a little bit.
He won the U20 World Cup in 2013, not the big lads one that France won in 2018.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1204 on: October 21, 2022, 09:40:48 PM »
Purslow caught out on the back foot, totally oblivious to the shit storm that's been brewing. This fucker needs his collar felt by the owners because part of his job, when the team are and ahve been playing losing football for the best part of 9 months is to be prepared for the worst case. Not try and kid everyone in to believing that were 2 results away from the good times.

Drawing up a long list of replacements.... what a fucking joke. Gerrard was sacked because the owners have finally watched us play and released were a laughing stock. This total muppet would have continued and continued sucking Gerrard's balls until we were staring down the barrel.

I've had enough of this smarmy fecker. He can go too now.

I laughed a lot more than expected at this. Good work, AJ!

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1205 on: October 21, 2022, 09:41:56 PM »
I knew I'd blocked someone for a reason.

Offline levico

« Reply #1206 on: October 21, 2022, 09:49:14 PM »
I understand that Purslow has equity in the club so getting rid of him won’t necessarily be that straightforward. Doable no doubt but at a cost.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1207 on: October 21, 2022, 11:35:45 PM »
I understand that Purslow has equity in the club so getting rid of him won’t necessarily be that straightforward. Doable no doubt but at a cost.

He's got a tiny percentage of shares, it won't make any difference at all.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1208 on: October 21, 2022, 11:41:42 PM »
I guess he gets paid a small % if the owners sell the club.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1209 on: October 22, 2022, 11:18:11 AM »

It won't take a while to recover. You're making it sound like were dead and buried. It's not exactly Graham Taylor 'This club is a shambles' territory.
I hope not but it took awhile for us to understand the extent of the infighting when Garde turned up.Mcginns  post match comments about culture were a bit odd.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1210 on: October 22, 2022, 11:40:13 AM »
Every serious company should always have a succession plan. If we haven’t then we’re just as bad off the pitch as on it.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #1211 on: October 22, 2022, 11:43:44 AM »
Up to the Gerrard appointment he seems to have done everything asked of him, so he's still got credit in the bank with be. If he helps appoint Dyche or some other clogger then he can slime off somewhere else.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1212 on: October 22, 2022, 12:11:44 PM »
He needs to read the room, Dyche isn't going to be popular.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1213 on: October 22, 2022, 01:25:27 PM »

The bulk of the coaching staff is gone. Academy coaches like Mark Delaney were let go for more unknown reasons. The policy of buying u25s was ripped up for Gerrard. I think you are deluding yourself is putting all that back together into one coherent approach will be quick. I think we are in big trouble to be honest.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #1214 on: October 22, 2022, 01:31:38 PM »

The bulk of the coaching staff is gone. Academy coaches like Mark Delaney were let go for more unknown reasons. The policy of buying u25s was ripped up for Gerrard. I think you are deluding yourself is putting all that back together into one coherent approach will be quick. I think we are in big trouble to be honest.

Yes, but you thought we didn't play very well when we beat Liverpool 7-2.

I'm not suggesting everything is hunky dory but it's not as unrepairable as you are making out. We've strayed off the path a little, we just néed to get back on it and stay on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal