collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Calderwood  (Read 6062 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Calderwood
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
Yes it has. I'd put it down to coincidence, now I'm sure it's him.

The performances have gone from average to utterly abject since he arrived and Stephen Clemence got pushed to one side.

Clemence was only here a month. Calderwood came in November 2016.

That said ask any Forest fan about Calderwood's spell as manager there and they'll say he was incredibly negative in his gameplans, exactly the same as SB so imagine he's the one given the main responsibilty on the training ground.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
If he isn't sacked today then the new owners as rich as they are aren't serious about winning.

I tend to agree, although I would give them the rest of the week, rather than the rest of the day! It's got to the stage where keeping Bruce is now more of a risk than sacking him.

All the reports in the press last few days is Purslow wants to wait until the break before making the decision. Fair enough but we are dropping so many points waiting which could be very costly in May.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
He's certainly not loved by the Hibs fans either.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 10:56:32 AM »
I think it's fair to say once the in-fighting starts in earnest with the lower Trinity crowd, the clock starts ticking for the management.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »
I think it's fair to say once the in-fighting starts in earnest with the lower Trinity crowd, the clock starts ticking for the management.

The only bit I saw was him going wild after we equalised.  He turned round to the Trinity Road stand and was repeatedly throwing his fist in celebration.  It looked like he was hitting the top of the dug out as well at one point, but I don't know if that was just how it appeared from where I was sitting.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »
If he isn't sacked today then the new owners as rich as they are aren't serious about winning.

I tend to agree, although I would give them the rest of the week, rather than the rest of the day! It's got to the stage where keeping Bruce is now more of a risk than sacking him.

All the reports in the press last few days is Purslow wants to wait until the break before making the decision. Fair enough but we are dropping so many points waiting which could be very costly in May.

I don’t really understand what waiting a few days does. Make the decision, it should have already been made and get on with finding the replacement.

Offline nigel

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 09:19:55 PM »

The only bit I saw was him going wild after we equalised.  He turned round to the Trinity Road stand and was repeatedly throwing his fist in celebration. It looked like he was hitting the top of the dug out as well at one point, but I don't know if that was just how it appeared from where I was sitting.

I think that may have been at my brother.

He'd politely been having a pop at the dug out and he was telling me Calderwood  eyeballed him a couple of times.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2018, 10:06:11 PM »
Did he have a cabbage about his person?  Your brother.  Not Calderwood.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »
Seen something on twitter claiming Calderwood reacted to someone shouting something vile to Bruce about his parents.  Shocking and despicable if it's true.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2018, 11:37:01 PM »
Seen something on twitter claiming Calderwood reacted to someone shouting something vile to Bruce about his parents.  Shocking and despicable if it's true.

Highly unlikely in my view. Even if somebody came out with that crap in my lofty perch in P6 they would get short shrift and told to fuck right off.

Unless of course the Lower Trinity is attracting persons who want to be on reality TV; this would explain the cabbage. Anything is possible, I suppose. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2018, 11:46:12 PM »
The only controversial thing I saw happen in the LT last night was a steward coming down to the front to tell two young girls to stop waving their clarry-blue flags.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »

The only bit I saw was him going wild after we equalised.  He turned round to the Trinity Road stand and was repeatedly throwing his fist in celebration. It looked like he was hitting the top of the dug out as well at one point, but I don't know if that was just how it appeared from where I was sitting.

He'd politely been having a pop at the dug out and he was telling me Calderwood  eyeballed him a couple of times.

I am surprised Calderwood eyeballed him. I don't think I have ever seen Calderwood do anything. ;)

Offline nigel

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 07:40:43 AM »

That certainly wasn't my Bro.
He never swears, just expresses his opinion rathe loudly 😂

And, no, Brian, he's not cabbage man either

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2018, 08:00:03 AM »

I am surprised Calderwood eyeballed him. I don't think I have ever seen Calderwood do anything. ;)

That's not strictly true.  One game last season, I distinctly remember him fetching the ball when it went out for a throw and returning it to ne of our players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal