collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by simboy
[Today at 03:32:30 PM]

FFP by Monty
[Today at 03:24:22 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Smithy
[Today at 03:21:40 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by paul_e
[Today at 03:08:30 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Somniloquism
[Today at 03:04:49 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:43:04 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 02:33:34 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Olneythelonely
[Today at 02:32:02 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 674369 times)

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #5565 on: April 17, 2024, 01:14:09 PM »
The thing is, time never stands still. Today's present is tomorrow's history. If we get a sparkly new stadium, in decades to come our kids and grandkids will be reminiscing down the pub about how they remember the move and how great it was, and how it coincided with the start of our golden era of European football hegemony.

Although they'll probably still be complaining about the bogs.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #5566 on: April 17, 2024, 01:14:27 PM »
Sydney sees itself as the capital/ principal city, is what I obv should have written.

It's v easy to forget Canberra. Even people in Canberra do that.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #5567 on: April 17, 2024, 01:16:36 PM »
Sydney would like to be the Capital but Melbourne gets all the big sporting events, love Melbourne.

Apart from 2000, when Sydney got the biggest sporting event of the lot, The Olympics.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #5568 on: April 17, 2024, 01:24:44 PM »
Sydney would like to be the Capital but Melbourne gets all the big sporting events, love Melbourne.

Apart from 2000, when Sydney got the biggest sporting event of the lot, The Olympics.

They had to catch up at some point. We beat them to it by 44 years.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5569 on: April 17, 2024, 01:29:26 PM »
Modern football probably does dictate we move, but that's why modern football is shit. It removes a key part of football, romance and sentiment, for me anyway. Chasing more money and shiny baubles is why we may well leave Villa Park, it's the same reason Grealish left Villa Park.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #5570 on: April 17, 2024, 01:37:01 PM »
https://www.ft.com/content/faeff9d5-d803-4cf8-9cd9-961ff1557540
Interesting article about the trend for new stadiums across Europe, with Spurs being held up as the hallmark.
All the same points we know about, but after reading it, it definitely makes me think our owners are on the same path.
A multi use sports/entertainment hub in a big city, generating revenue all year round, is definitely what a couple of billionaires will be interested in.
Improving the toilets, bars, trains and pies at VP? Probably not really.

Childish, I know, but fuck Spurs & their toilet bowl...

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #5571 on: April 17, 2024, 01:37:34 PM »
The Altairos CEO has joined the Villa board;

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2024/04/17/billionaire-businessman-joins-aston-villa-board/

Yeah, announced earlier this week and that's what has kicked off this latest round of debate mate, as it looks more likely that a major development is what they're planning.

Ah, sorry! I knew I shouldn't have had time away, now I feel like my sister when she missed an episode of Home & Away and it became impossible to catch back up!

To fill out your gaps we've also added the person who ran the project to build a new stadium for the Bucks and a guy who's on the board of the Sawiris building company tha'ts just finished building the new Egyptian olympic stadium.

All together it paints a pretty clear message that something is going to happen around the stadium with all this expertise being added.

Cheers!

That sounds good, and the right way to go about things - ensuring knowledge, experience, and proven competence.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #5572 on: April 17, 2024, 01:40:53 PM »
Childish, I know, but fuck Spurs & their toilet bowl...

Whilst Spurs bowl is undoubtedly wonderful in its newness and modernised revenue generation, I'd personally have Arsenal's ground over it. You feel like you're at the bottom of a dark bowl at Spurs, where Arsenal has all that daylight from the wavey gaps to the roof. You still feel outside at Arsenal rather than enclosed.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #5573 on: April 17, 2024, 01:44:07 PM »
Both look like the souless generic stadiums that used to kick about on Pro Evo.

I'd be gutted if we ever went from a ground as unique as Villa Park to one of those efforts.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #5574 on: April 17, 2024, 01:47:00 PM »
Modern football probably does dictate we move, but that's why modern football is shit. It removes a key part of football, romance and sentiment, for me anyway. Chasing more money and shiny baubles is why we may well leave Villa Park, it's the same reason Grealish left Villa Park.

We've always wanted baubles. When has Villa ever been a club that didn't want to win things? The money is disgusting and I wish they could find a sensible way to cap the whole thing. But Aston Villa Football Club doesn't exist to be also rans. There is a reality we must face. We deserve to be up there competing.

Offline cdward

« Reply #5575 on: April 17, 2024, 01:54:02 PM »
Remain or Vexit?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5576 on: April 17, 2024, 01:57:04 PM »

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5577 on: April 17, 2024, 01:57:53 PM »
Both look like the souless generic stadiums that used to kick about on Pro Evo.

I'd be gutted if we ever went from a ground as unique as Villa Park to one of those efforts.

Totally agree.

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #5578 on: April 17, 2024, 02:01:59 PM »
The gas holders site seems like a decent idea. Loads of space there, and not that densely populated by businesses. I did a screenshot of Google maps, and there seems to be three big warehouse type places next to the actual holders. The squate I've drawn on it is 20 acres, which is bigger than the current site by 3 acres.

If they wanted more than that if they bought the area with the playing field to the right, that extends the footprint considerably. I guess the transport links aren't much better, but you have got Duddeston train station about the same distance away as Aston is now I guess. Overall, it looks slightly less hemmed in than Villa Park is, where I think the main issue is the narrowness of the smaller streets of the main routes. What be the main problems with this as an area?

Windsor Street holder site, now only houses a small office block and a bit of a maintenance yard. Cadent are not averse to selling off their land for development as anyone who has been to Hinckley recently will testify, where they sold off what was the HQ with far more people using it than use the Windsor Street site.

As said above if you could buy the warehouses on the banks of the cut and then the sports pitch and wellbeing centre on Rupert Street, that would be a large enough area for the stadium. For other amenities, you have the land between the site and Dartmouth Middleway, where there are 2 hotels already (Premier Inn & Campenile) so there must be a demand. That area could be developed into a food/drink/hotel area and available during the week to the student population. 

The office block (it was called waterlinks house) could be developed or demolished and a footbridge installed across Dartmouth Middleway to aid access. If you redevelop Villa Park its still only Villa Park, with little or no desire to visit the area other than on matchday. I'm a reluctant mover from Villa Park and the new stadium would have to pay homage to both the Old Trinity and The Holte in its design.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5579 on: April 17, 2024, 02:10:55 PM »
That would put us 1.5 miles away from the Nou Sty

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal