collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 674191 times)

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #5505 on: April 17, 2024, 10:22:30 AM »
The new stadium in egypt built by the company run by one of our new directors:

Bucks new stadium, build under the leadership of another of our new directors:

I'm not sure either fits the "soulless identikit bowl" description that a few of you are absolutely certain is the only alternative to staying where we are (and presumably doing very little to the ground to avoid the risk of turning it into a soulless bowl).

Like the Egypt one. Absolutely despise that bottom one. Looks like a fucking Amazon warehouse.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #5506 on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:12 AM »
Your not really helping your case there mate

You're confusing you not liking them with them not having an identity.

The second one, especially, could be an office block, a hospital, a warehouse. Not good examples with respect.

Offline cdward

« Reply #5507 on: April 17, 2024, 10:24:43 AM »
The location of Villa Park in relation to transport links is hard to beat.
2 train stations with a 10 minute walk.
Outer circle bus route  - 5 min walk
Inner Circle Bus route 15/20 min walk.
>10 bus routes to town (Lichfield Road, Birchfield Road) - 10-15 min walk away
Junction 6 of the M6 - 5 min drive away.

If all the above were serviced properly, particularly the trains and flow of traffic on to the motorway, there would be no issues with transport. Fix some of those issues and it would make the experience better, and upgrade what we have in terms of facilities.
We need Kirsty and Phil to do a "Love it or List It"
I'm not convinced a new stadium is the answer.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5508 on: April 17, 2024, 10:25:03 AM »
The new Everton stadium is going to look superb, assuming it ever gets finished. Click to enlarge to see the full thing.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #5509 on: April 17, 2024, 10:26:07 AM »
The location of Villa Park in relation to transport links is hard to beat.
2 train stations with a 10 minute walk.
Outer circle bus route  - 5 min walk
Inner Circle Bus route 15/20 min walk.
>10 bus routes to town (Lichfield Road, Birchfield Road) - 10-15 min walk away
Junction 6 of the M6 - 5 min drive away.

If all the above were serviced properly, particularly the trains and flow of traffic on to the motorway, there would be no issues with transport. Fix some of those issues and it would make the experience better, and upgrade what we have in terms of facilities.
We need Kirsty and Phil to do a "Love it or List It"
I'm not convinced a new stadium is the answer.

You say that like it’s an easy and cheap fix. It clearly isn’t, otherwise it’d already have been done.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #5510 on: April 17, 2024, 10:27:38 AM »
The brickwork on that photo shows Everton’s nod to Archibald Leitch’s stand at Goodison. It does look a bit like every other bowl from inside though.

Offline Risso

« Reply #5511 on: April 17, 2024, 10:28:04 AM »

The second one, especially, could be an office block, a hospital, a warehouse. Not good examples with respect.

It looks miles better from this example. Plus don't forget it's an indoor basketball arena.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #5512 on: April 17, 2024, 10:29:05 AM »
I don't see what's negative about wanting better. For me the "stay put" camp are the negative drag. I like the Holte, but I want better, bigger, more impressive. I want us to have the best ground, the best end in the country. Seems like Risso, Pauline etc want similar because it gives us the best chance of competing. I don't see how that's negative at all, it's ambition, its dreaming, its likely a reality with what has happened ownership/control wise this week.

A lot of assumptions there both in terms of the motives of those who disagree with you and the imagined brilliance of the end product if your hunch on a new ground is right.

The connection of fan to their club is an emotional rather than transactional one. I love Villa Park because it’s tied up with decades of attending - from going with my dad when I was a nipper then with my mates as I grew up and later taking my own kids and getting them hooked and most recently grandson and granddaughter. It’s the pubs I’ve drunk in, the different types of journey I have made to get there and the scrapes I got in as a young man. It’s seeing  games in the third division and in the European Cup.

So I want those that come to have the same and if the people being bought in to oversee the transition are as good as claimed they can achieve all that they want at Villa Park.

This is a powerful and emotional pitch, Chris. Tradition isn't to be sniffed at or discarded lightly. But new traditions can be forged. The next generation of Villa fans would fall in love with all the same things you (and I) did if we moved to a new home. As we get older we realise how quickly time passes. Many on this forum will be in our dotage soon. I say give those who follow us the best possible chance of supporting a successful club. A gift from us to them. Villa Park is one of the iconic sporting arenas of the world. But nothing and none of us last forever. If we stay in that location we are accepting our place in the 2nd tier. There is no way at all I can see us bridging the financial gap without moving somewhere more central.

Offline Risso

« Reply #5513 on: April 17, 2024, 10:31:05 AM »
The brickwork on that photo shows Everton’s nod to Archibald Leitch’s stand at Goodison. It does look a bit like every other bowl from inside though.

Just about every football stadium is either a bowl, or four individual stands though. Villa Park has been both in its history.

Offline jon collett

« Reply #5514 on: April 17, 2024, 10:33:05 AM »
The new Everton stadium is going to look superb, assuming it ever gets finished. Click to enlarge to see the full thing.

It will blend in nicely with the historic docks but every time I see a picture of the ground both the ends look too small!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5515 on: April 17, 2024, 10:34:44 AM »

Really steep stands too.  I think this is in a fantastic location and will be an incredible stadium.  It's only 55k, but I guess their hospitality offering will match any of the modern stadiums and will put them miles ahead of our match day and alternate use income starting from 12 months time.

Offline Risso

« Reply #5516 on: April 17, 2024, 10:37:26 AM »

It will blend in nicely with the historic docks but every time I see a picture of the ground both the ends look too small!

It's going to be 53,000 capacity, so they can't be that small. I remember when Everton were looking to move, it was always going to be Knowsley or some other grotty place off the East Lancs Road, because there was nowhere in Liverpool, and obviously they've got the sea on one side and the docks were a World Heritage Site etc. Now they've got a big new stadium being built, in a fantastic water side location, not far from the city centre. What a brilliant place to watch Championship football from...

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5517 on: April 17, 2024, 10:37:54 AM »
Everton also put a lot of thought in re location - handily right next to the river for their fans to jump into after being put through another 90 minutes of Dycheball.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5518 on: April 17, 2024, 10:46:32 AM »
I thought they had future proofed their capacity, but this is only if higher safe-standing ratios are introduced by the government.   If they have any significant success in the future they'll probably regret that.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5519 on: April 17, 2024, 10:47:44 AM »
Someone mentioned Rinder earlier and I honestly thought they were talking about the judge on tv.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal