collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:32:59 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:32:09 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Steve67
[Today at 09:25:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:21:06 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by olaftab
[Today at 09:18:00 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Tayls_7
[Today at 09:11:10 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:51:40 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 674107 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #5445 on: April 16, 2024, 09:46:42 PM »
I just don’t want a lego bowel
I was already thinking about this. Assuming we are looking at a new build, what style do people want?

Modern, all shiney with metallic facia.
Modern, covered in LCD screens or similar (a bit like Bayern Munich).
Traditional, brick built facia.
Something else.

Red brick and glass for me, with stained glass murals.

That sounds very pricey.

Probably, it'd look fucking amazing though.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5446 on: April 16, 2024, 09:48:44 PM »
It would cost over a billion in the first place, a bit extra for added class won't make much difference.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #5447 on: April 16, 2024, 09:57:08 PM »
I was already thinking about this. Assuming we are looking at a new build, what style do people want?

Something else.

That sounds very pricey.

Hell yeah, it would be unique.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #5448 on: April 16, 2024, 09:58:37 PM »
I think given the recent board additions, a new stadium is inevitable. I just hope we can find a way of staying in Aston. Not a clue how mind you, but that is above my pay grade.

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #5449 on: April 16, 2024, 10:32:26 PM »
At a slight tangent, but does anyone remember when Doug Ellis wanted to build a hotel behind the North Stand. Pretty sure it was around 1987 and I remember the local rag saying that the only impact on the supporters would be the removal of 400 seats from the back of the North Stand which wouldn't be a big issue as we were about to be or had just been relegated with average gates of around 16,000 (I dunno why I remember that detail, but I do).

Looking back, something like that would have been ahead of its time. Anyway, history tells us that it never happened. Perhaps others will remember why that was.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5450 on: April 16, 2024, 10:49:22 PM »

Something else.

That sounds very pricey.

If we get a new stadium surely it will look like the the other new stadiums.  I dont think its realistic to expect that well do anything different than any other club.  Hopefully its more like tottenhams, then say, Middlesbroughs but it will be a finanically driven decision

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #5451 on: April 16, 2024, 11:01:53 PM »
At a slight tangent, but does anyone remember when Doug Ellis wanted to build a hotel behind the North Stand. Pretty sure it was around 1987 and I remember the local rag saying that the only impact on the supporters would be the removal of 400 seats from the back of the North Stand which wouldn't be a big issue as we were about to be or had just been relegated with average gates of around 16,000 (I dunno why I remember that detail, but I do).

Looking back, something like that would have been ahead of its time. Anyway, history tells us that it never happened. Perhaps others will remember why that was.

Like many of Doug’s ideas they were to keep the centre of attention on him. He was a master at leaking some pie in the sky bullshit to the Meaning Evil to dictate the Sports News agenda.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5452 on: April 16, 2024, 11:04:13 PM »

Something else.

With the postcode B6 6HE.
The only correct answer

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5453 on: April 16, 2024, 11:10:27 PM »
I would like it to be thematically similar to LeeB's mock Tudor caravan in St. Tropez.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5454 on: April 17, 2024, 12:53:52 AM »
Smaller version of Principality Stadium in Cardiff or bigger version of Lille's ground where we are heading on Thursday night would be good if we are looking at examples.  Both have a retractable roof as well, which I think could add something unique.  Then becomes a huge indoor arena / space as well. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5455 on: April 17, 2024, 01:01:45 AM »

The field next to it is a school playing field.  Backing on to the playing field just off the main road is an area of old industrial buildings that could make the site a lot bigger if they could be purchased too.  Could probably do something with the University there given it's proximity to it as well.  Above all, it is still in Aston!!

The field with the football pitch looks like it belongs to Nechells Wellbeing Centre, a council owened leisure centre.

I used to park on Lord Street and used to see the kids heading back from there to the school that is just there.  Maybe the school have some agreement to use it. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #5456 on: April 17, 2024, 01:18:21 AM »
Looking at the gasworks site, transport is the issue. By road, everything would be headed towards the middleway and there's no direct access to Duddeston, which otherwise would be ideal as it's got a derelict platform that could be re-opened and used to whisk 99.876543% of our supporters back to Staffordshire.

On the other side though Dave, there is loads of cheap parking in the Gun Quarter and it's a 10-15 minute walk from there through the University.  Straight walk up Corporation Street and Steelhouse Lane from New Street and Snow Hill stations respectively, though I guess there could be scope to extend the metro line that way. 

Again, I don't really know how all this works, but I guess there could be an opportunity to do something with the University in terms of the mixed residential and retail developments that have been mentioned.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5457 on: April 17, 2024, 05:20:58 AM »
The most popular choice is build a new stadium in the city centre which is also the most unlikely.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5458 on: April 17, 2024, 05:46:19 AM »
Smaller version of Principality Stadium in Cardiff or bigger version of Lille's ground where we are heading on Thursday night would be good if we are looking at examples.  Both have a retractable roof as well, which I think could add something unique.  Then becomes a huge indoor arena / space as well.
I love the Principality Stadium. Absolutely cracking, relatively new stadium. If we were rebuilding I'd go for something like that, with retractable roof.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5459 on: April 17, 2024, 05:52:53 AM »
I love the Principality Stadium. Absolutely cracking, relatively new stadium. If we were rebuilding I'd go for something like that, with retractable roof.
The problem is that it will be a maximise revenue minimise cost decision.
Have a look at all the new stadiums that are built in the USA and you will see what we are likely to get.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal