collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 674042 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #5280 on: April 15, 2024, 11:29:54 PM »
The closest that could be used for comparison of the size in the centre we need is the Bullring or Grand Central station

*slowly shakes head*

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #5281 on: April 15, 2024, 11:52:47 PM »
The closest that could be used for comparison of the size in the centre we need is the Bullring or Grand Central/ New Street Station

*slowly shakes head*

FTFY

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5282 on: April 15, 2024, 11:54:15 PM »
"There's nowhere in the city centre". Meanwhile for every home game I come over the A38 off J6 and see a skyline full of cranes, building where other things were. We make the land in the city centre, just like others are now. Snobs has moved twice now because others had a better idea for development.

Not all that line of cranes is in the centre and for each crane in the city centre, that is land we now can't develop. And also is also mostly for a development with a footprint of a normal office block. The closest that could be used for comparison of the size in the centre we need is the Bullring or Grand Central / New Street station, both built on pretty much the existing footprint. So if you know of a building area the size of those which is waiting for redevelopment in the main core of the centre, then suggest away.

You can't park within a mile and a bit of the ground on match days down there.

You wouldn't be able to park within a mile and a bit in the city centre as well.

There's more places to park in the city centre than anywhere else. Not that I'd drive, I'd get the train.

Nobody is suggesting it has to be on New Streets door step. Birmingham has a large city centre, much bigger than Liverpool or Manchester. Its not my job to find the land, its this new looking board and their litany of expertise in the elements that make up these sorts of projects, task.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 11:56:42 PM by Ads »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5283 on: April 16, 2024, 12:27:07 AM »
Where's Dr Tony when you need him, with his floating monorail and theme park plans.

He'd sort this out.

He wanted to build a "Smart Aston" and he included his blueprints when selling to NSWE. Apparently he envisaged spreading it to "Smart Erdington" with Gabriel Agbonlahor as its spokesman.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5284 on: April 16, 2024, 12:38:14 AM »
"There's nowhere in the city centre". Meanwhile for every home game I come over the A38 off J6 and see a skyline full of cranes, building where other things were. We make the land in the city centre, just like others are now. Snobs has moved twice now because others had a better idea for development.

Not all that line of cranes is in the centre and for each crane in the city centre, that is land we now can't develop. And also is also mostly for a development with a footprint of a normal office block. The closest that could be used for comparison of the size in the centre we need is the Bullring or Grand Central / New Street station, both built on pretty much the existing footprint. So if you know of a building area the size of those which is waiting for redevelopment in the main core of the centre, then suggest away.

You wouldn't be able to park within a mile and a bit in the city centre as well.

There's more places to park in the city centre than anywhere else. Not that I'd drive, I'd get the train.

Nobody is suggesting it has to be on New Streets door step. Birmingham has a large city centre, much bigger than Liverpool or Manchester. Its not my job to find the land, its this new looking board and their litany of expertise in the elements that make up these sorts of projects, task.

I mentioned this earlier but the big city plan stretches the centre up to matalan Island. There is a cluster of 50 storey buildings about to start going up there.

There is tons of industrial use property between the traditional city centre and there.

I can’t point at any of it and say “let’s build there” but then again I’m not a multi billionaire who owns a huge construction company, which has just appointed three people as Directors - one who has just built a stadium in Cairo, one who has recently overseen the moving of my business partners basketball team to a brand new stadium, and one who represents a massive infrastructure investor.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #5285 on: April 16, 2024, 12:38:28 AM »
Why would someone cough up the best part of a billion pounds? What’s in it for them?

They get their money back with interest over the 20-30 years of the investment repayments. But instead of Villa working on a current seasonal turnover of £100 mil, we could be working off £150 mil, the extra £50m is spilt between paying back the loans and interest and investing more in the team. And those are low balling. Tottenham went from £200mil turnover in WHL, to £630mil after they rebuilt. Of course they also had CL in there.

Fucking hell. Chicago Lion must eat a lot of pies.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5286 on: April 16, 2024, 01:10:49 AM »

I mentioned this earlier but the big city plan stretches the centre up to matalan Island. There is a cluster of 50 storey buildings about to start going up there.

There is tons of industrial use property between the traditional city centre and there.

I can’t point at any of it and say “let’s build there” but then again I’m not a multi billionaire who owns a huge construction company, which has just appointed three people as Directors - one who has just built a stadium in Cairo, one who has recently overseen the moving of my business partners basketball team to a brand new stadium, and one who represents a massive infrastructure investor.

You're also not one of the two wealthiest men to own a football club in the world or equally the $6bn owner of the de facto Comcast Investment arm, with market cap of $156bn. If only there was a club with all that expertise and money behind and imagine if it coalesced at the same time. I reckon they'd find a way.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5287 on: April 16, 2024, 02:31:03 AM »
Andy Street has pledged to deliver an upgraded station at Witton in time for Euro 2028. Villa Park has been picked as one of ten venues to feature games in a tournament jointly hosted by the UK and Ireland.

Wembley, the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Man City’s Etihad, the new Everton Stadium, St James’ Park, Hampden Park in Glasgow, Dublin’s Aviva Stadium and Casement Park in Belfast will also stage matches.

As ever transport links will be key and Aston Villa are currently looking at schemes to make travel from the city centre easier for supporters, with the club recently launching a trial shuttle bus until the end of the season.

The future of Witton railway station has been on the agenda for several years now amid complaints of overcrowding and lengthy waiting times, with plans for a big redevelopment emerging in December.

Improvements will include new passenger ramps to both platforms to increase queuing capacity after matches, a new pedestrian and cyclist subway under the line at Station Road, while there will also be wider and deeper platforms to allow more people to queue for bigger and longer trains.

And West Midlands Mayor Street, a Villa fan, has underlined his commitment to that and revealed a Matchday Travel Taskforce, which he hopes will benefit not just the Claret & Blues but Birmingham City, West Brom, Wolves, Walsall and Coventry City.

He said: “The West Midlands has always been one of football’s heartlands with three of the original league clubs based right here. Our region has huge, famous clubs with massive fan bases, supported by a vibrant pyramid of teams going right down to Sunday league action.

“I think that football fans here are tired of being wrongly overshadowed by teams in London, Manchester and Liverpool – but many of our big clubs now have new ownership who are showing real ambition, on the pitch and off it.

“It’s an exciting time to be a footie fan in the West Midlands. We have the clubs, tradition, support and ambition to be a real football superpower, and I am determined to play my part to make that happen.

“But while the clubs can take charge of what happens on the pitch, I want to help ensure that the fans get the best experience possible getting to and from games – that’s the idea behind my Matchday Travel Taskforce.”

The Taskforce will bring together Transport for West Midlands, transport operators, councils, and supporter groups to find ways to improve travel to and from games, increase the frequency of matchday services, and for cup matches in places like London ensure operators put on services to get fans home after games.

It will also focus on reducing congestion and managing parking around stadiums on matchdays, working with councils and clubs, to provide park & ride shuttle buses.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #5288 on: April 16, 2024, 05:36:53 AM »
Sorry, have I missed something?

With all this talk of gentrifying Aston, I was under the impression the area around Tottenham's stadium was still a shithole. I'm sure it was being talked about on this very thread a few days ago. Or did I imagine that?

They have massively developed the spurs area. They slowly shifting all the council tenants out. Its nowhere as shit as it use to be but traffic still horrific
And where did they put the council tenants in the name of progress, do we know if they wanted to move?

They moved alot of them to enfield/Edmonton area which is becoming a lot more run down. They built alot of newer flats round there in comparison to the old ones they were living in . Some still are there but they slowly getting them out. They want tottenham to become like a chelsea type area.

The fuckers want to get rid of one of one of my favourite chicken shops chick king. But they refusing at the mo as they been there for years and doing so well. Its always busy

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #5289 on: April 16, 2024, 05:42:06 AM »
The fact it will have taken 8 years to sort out some ramps, a queuing system and a walkway at Witton station kind of sums up the level of support we will get from local government…

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #5290 on: April 16, 2024, 06:16:31 AM »
Whilst that task force sounds like a soundbite it could have potential.  If a fleet of buses is part of the solution then shared across the west midlands they’d be used Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday most weeks. Add some cricket in the summer and it becomes way more viable.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5291 on: April 16, 2024, 07:26:29 AM »
Amazing how Andy Street is suddenly promising to get his arse in gear just as an election is coming up.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5292 on: April 16, 2024, 07:48:36 AM »
Why would someone cough up the best part of a billion pounds? What’s in it for them?

They get their money back with interest over the 20-30 years of the investment repayments. But instead of Villa working on a current seasonal turnover of £100 mil, we could be working off £150 mil, the extra £50m is spilt between paying back the loans and interest and investing more in the team. And those are low balling. Tottenham went from £200mil turnover in WHL, to £630mil after they rebuilt. Of course they also had CL in there.

Fucking hell. Chicago Lion must eat a lot of pies.
That and the hundreds of gallons of Spurs own brew beer, which is pretty ordinary btw.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5293 on: April 16, 2024, 07:58:09 AM »
Sorry, have I missed something?

With all this talk of gentrifying Aston, I was under the impression the area around Tottenham's stadium was still a shithole. I'm sure it was being talked about on this very thread a few days ago. Or did I imagine that?

They have massively developed the spurs area. They slowly shifting all the council tenants out. Its nowhere as shit as it use to be but traffic still horrific
And where did they put the council tenants in the name of progress, do we know if they wanted to move?
There are no council tenants around Villa park in Aston and Witton. All residential property is privately owned and most would do a deal if it's an attractive offer.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #5294 on: April 16, 2024, 08:02:32 AM »
I've made my feelings clear about our ground before. I know we'll leave eventually and by that time I'll probably be too old and in a way I'm sort of glad. The sleek lines and uniformity of new grounds is not really for me. I loved the unique style of places such as The Dell, cramped places like Highbury, the dark and foreboding of Upton Park and that shed selling Greenhalls bitter and lager behind the Platt Lane Stand at Maine Road situated in a gravel yard, the forerunner of today's fanzones.

It might all be a bit "rose tinted" and let's face it some of the facilities were downright disgraceful and dangerous, but the idea of an anodyne ground, built with a high "supporter" spend in mind and on the principle of the price of everything and the value of nothing is not for me.

I might be way out of step here, but with the choice of becoming Stockport 115 by leaving Villa Park is not an acceptable trade off as far as I am concerned. I want us to be successful but not that successful.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal