collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668514 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #4545 on: February 06, 2023, 11:13:15 PM »
A fire sale of first teamers none of whom are in the first team.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4546 on: February 07, 2023, 08:59:55 AM »
20 points deducted today would only hurt them this 1 season. These ****** have been at it for years, the punishment has to surely be for the period they've been cheating into the future. Fuck it, just dissolve them.

Offline frank black

« Reply #4547 on: February 07, 2023, 09:53:37 AM »
They’ll be just fine and fined.

Money talks

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4548 on: February 07, 2023, 10:05:31 AM »

Money talks

It does when you're up against UEFA, I don't think it will be that easy up against the interests of the other 19 clubs in this country.

I reckon they'll get points deduction and their titles stripped, they won't get relegated though which they should.

Rememeber this is the club that has taken our best player 4 times in this period, all through fucking cheating.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4549 on: February 07, 2023, 10:13:03 AM »

Money talks
Because they have pissed off so many big clubs I am not sure that it will be that straight forward.
They are going to have to be perceived to taking action, if not they will lose control of the other clubs.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4550 on: February 07, 2023, 10:15:04 AM »

Money talks

It does when you're up against UEFA, I don't think it will be that easy up against the interests of the other 19 clubs in this country.

I reckon they'll get points deduction and their titles stripped, they won't get relegated though which they should.

Rememeber this is the club that has taken our best player 4 times in this period, all through fucking cheating.
I agree but not sure how strong the punishment will be, if they ever get that far.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4551 on: February 07, 2023, 10:17:52 AM »
Relegate them to League 2. It would give everybody else a respite from their tippy tappy shit, and provide a much needed boost for the three EFL leagues as they work their way back up.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4552 on: February 07, 2023, 10:19:17 AM »
It’d be nice to see a substantive punishment, but there won’t be.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4553 on: February 07, 2023, 10:20:08 AM »

Money talks

And that's it, in a nutshell.

We'd have been so much better off if we'd kept those players; perhaps never been relegated etc. Barry, Milner, Delph and Grealish. That's quite a set of midfielders.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4554 on: February 07, 2023, 10:28:25 AM »
And it's the only reason they got them, there wouldn't have been any circumstances that would've have occurred naturally that would've have led to our best players moving to that bunch of sky blue rags.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #4555 on: February 07, 2023, 10:40:29 AM »
And it's the only reason they got them, there wouldn't have been any circumstances that would've have occurred naturally that would've have led to our best players moving to that bunch of sky blue rags.

Absolutely. It completely and utterly stinks. You do wonder what pressure will come from the other clubs. Or, of course, they are all at it to some degree and nobody will want to stick their heads above the parapet.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4556 on: February 07, 2023, 10:51:05 AM »
Seems possible that this will be the impetus for the so-called Super League to be established?
Its coming , just a matter of when not if.

100%
Nah, already come.

You get €100m prize money for winning Serie A. Norwich, last season, got £98m for finishing bottom of the Premier League.

You get €160m for winning La Liga, which is roughly in line with what you get for winning the Premier League. However, you only have to get down to 4th place, who won €85m prize money to find a club that earned less than Norwich. Barcelona’s prize money for finishing 3rd was roughly in line with what Leeds got for finishing 16th.

If you win the Champions League, including winning every single game you play from the group stage onwards, you get €85m. So winning the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 *and*  win the Champions League (winning every single game) puts you on a par with 6th place in the Premier League. And that’s not including whatever the Premier League side win by playing in Europe. Given all the top 4 get to the group stage automatically now, there’s literally only 5 teams in the world that can compete financially with the team that finishes 4th - and 3 of them are the sides above them in the Premier League (the others will be the top 2 in Spain).

Addendum: more to the point, though, is that even with us finishing 14th, we can still afford to outspend (based on prize money) every Bundlesliga club almost regardless of what they do in Europe; every Serie A club except maybe Juventus if they get to the quarter final of the Champions League; every team in Spain except Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, and maybe Sevilla if they get to the Champions League final. So there’s like 5 clubs in the world who can compete with a lower mid table Premier League side financially.

The Premier League *is* the European Super League,
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:01:46 AM by algy »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4557 on: February 07, 2023, 10:56:40 AM »
In rugby union Sarries got hit for similar prolonged breaches of the financial regulations in the league but their fines and heavy points deduction didn't do enough and they went straight back to the top of the league after a short break. That therefore has to be the minimum if FFP is going to remain relevant. Anything less than relegation is a fudge and would be the definitive proof that FFP is about maintaining the status quo and nothing to do with fairplay. Even relegation isn't really enough, clubs would still be willing to risk creating long-term structural advantages for themselves if financial doping just meant you might have to spend a year breaking records in the championship before getting back to distorting the league.

For me the real minimum punishment, if FFP is to survive coming out the other side of this, is - relegation to the championship (the Premier League can't force them any lower), heavy points deduction agreed with the EFL for the next season (I mean something like 40-50 points, make promotion impossible and relegation a very real risk), transfer embargo so all incoming signings have to be approved by an administrator for a number of years and a massive fine (in the tens or even hundreds of millions range, if the pricks can pay £100m for a player they don't need then they can pay a fine of the same sort of size).

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #4558 on: February 07, 2023, 11:06:19 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but the other thing Man City may have to face are issues concerning taxes paid.  For example, if the allegation that Mancini was paid two salaries, one "official" and the other under the table, is true then I'm sure HMRC would like to get involved.

On top of that there are other issues at play?  If we go back to Randy Lerner (and other owners who have taken a huge financial hit during the period of time in question), I genuinely wonder if they all have a legal case to reclaim lost finances due to Man City's cheating?  Going a bit further, do other clubs' match-paying fans have a legal case to build against Man City?  All those Villa fans who went to Wembley to see the team lose to a bunch of (alleged) crooks - do they have the right to be compensated in some way if Man City are found guilty?

Offline Drummond

« Reply #4559 on: February 07, 2023, 11:07:36 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but the other thing Man City may have to face are issues concerning taxes paid.  For example, if the allegation that Mancini was paid two salaries, one "official" and the other under the table, is true then I'm sure HMRC would like to get involved.

On top of that there are other issues at play?  If we go back to Randy Lerner (and other owners who have taken a huge financial hit during the period of time in question), I genuinely wonder if they all have a legal case to reclaim lost finances due to Man City's cheating?  Going a bit further, do other clubs' match-paying fans have a legal case to build against Man City?  All those Villa fans who went to Wembley to see the team lose to a bunch of (alleged) crooks - do they have the right to be compensated in some way if Man City are found guilty?

If we were in the USA, they'd be suing everyone for everything!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal