collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 643011 times)

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3705 on: January 27, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »

The only issue we did have was the stupid lorries parked outside the church blocking the road and funneling everyone through a narrow gap.

Tbf they are there to stop any looney tunes mowing us down in a car...

There has to be a better way.  It almost caused a crush and then people are trying to scramble over the bed of the lorry.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #3706 on: January 27, 2022, 02:38:14 PM »
Wets Ham is easily the shittest of the big new grounds. Spurs is great, and  feels like it's been designed to be as good a new football stadium as possible. West Ham feels like an athletics stadium with a football team shoehorned in as an afterthought, which I suppose is what it is.

Been to the athletics there and it was good - didn't look or feel like anything like a football ground

Wembley best of the new ones though not been to Spuds

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3707 on: January 27, 2022, 04:01:40 PM »

The only issue we did have was the stupid lorries parked outside the church blocking the road and funneling everyone through a narrow gap.

There has to be a better way.  It almost caused a crush and then people are trying to scramble over the bed of the lorry.

Not sure how as it needs to be something that can be moved in and out fairly quickly. They’ve been used for a few years now but I’ve never noticed any major issues, more an inconvenience than a hazard.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3708 on: January 27, 2022, 04:28:52 PM »
Yeah, up until recently I always walked back that way, past the church, never had an issue getting through the flatbeds.

Online Dave P

« Reply #3709 on: January 27, 2022, 04:29:44 PM »

Not sure how as it needs to be something that can be moved in and out fairly quickly. They’ve been used for a few years now but I’ve never noticed any major issues, more an inconvenience than a hazard.

It would help if they stayed on the road, but they are now blocking a good chunk of the path.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3710 on: January 27, 2022, 04:50:50 PM »

It would help if they stayed on the road, but they are now blocking a good chunk of the path.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3711 on: January 27, 2022, 04:52:31 PM »
The Blues ground is one of these really unique architectural designs where no one sits in the lower tiers of the ground the idea being everyone gets a better view from higher up. 

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3712 on: January 27, 2022, 04:55:25 PM »
The Blues ground is one of these really unique architectural designs where no one sits in the lower tiers of the ground the idea being everyone gets a better view from higher up. 

Yep - the Blues is the only ground in the country where you pay extra for a restricted view.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3713 on: January 27, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »
Another major problem is parked cars and taxi's at the traffic lights by the flyover causing people to walk into the road by Queens Road /Aston Hall Road junction

Online The Edge

« Reply #3714 on: January 27, 2022, 06:20:15 PM »

I completely understand the logic but vehicles can drive right up to that point from two different directions. It's a deterrent at best

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3715 on: January 27, 2022, 07:38:13 PM »
One thing those flatbed lorries do do, they ruin one of the most lovely approaches to a stadium in English football.

And I mean that without any Villa-biased nostalgia, it really is quite the view.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3716 on: January 27, 2022, 08:38:41 PM »
Rather than lorries I’d prefer if they put in some removable safety barriers (ring of steel type thing) like they have in the City Centre if they’re so worried about nut jobs in vehicles mowing us all down.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3717 on: January 27, 2022, 09:31:49 PM »

I completely understand the logic but vehicles can drive right up to that point from two different directions. It's a deterrent at best

Isn't that how the African Car Reverser was born?!

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3718 on: January 27, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »
The African Car Reverser is a forum legend  8)

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #3719 on: January 28, 2022, 08:20:04 AM »
Rather than lorries I’d prefer if they put in some removable safety barriers (ring of steel type thing) like they have in the City Centre if they’re so worried about nut jobs in vehicles mowing us all down.

The problem is that with the density of the crowd coming out of the stadium, they need something that is visible from a distance so has to be something that can clearly be seen above head height.  If they just used the removable barriers they have in town, people wouldn't necessarily see them until they walk into them in a large crowd, at least the trucks can be seen from a way back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal