collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 11:01:42 PM]

Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 11:00:13 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[Today at 08:43:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 11:01:42 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 11:00:13 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621879 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3570 on: December 09, 2021, 11:26:58 AM »
You know, I always thought it was 'handgun' until now.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3571 on: December 09, 2021, 11:37:46 AM »
yeah i'm sure there is. I'm not making out Birmingham is some sort of friendly paradise or anywhere else for that matter, just London is the extreme of that sort of urban living. The size has a lot to do with it.

This is absolute nonsense, sb. Hardly anyone in London is 'from' there, and they're as friendly as anyone else. If people don't talk to you on buses, well, who wants to talk to a stranger on a bus?!

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3572 on: December 09, 2021, 11:38:47 AM »
Also, people in Mexico City are very friendly, and that place dwarfs London.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3573 on: December 09, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
yeah i'm sure there is. I'm not making out Birmingham is some sort of friendly paradise or anywhere else for that matter, just London is the extreme of that sort of urban living. The size has a lot to do with it.

This is absolute nonsense, sb. Hardly anyone in London is 'from' there, and they're as friendly as anyone else. If people don't talk to you on buses, well, who wants to talk to a stranger on a bus?!

Not my experience SE.  I once held open a door in london for someone in 1987. I'd still be there now if I hadn't eventually let it close in someone's face as is the etiquette ;D

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3574 on: December 09, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »
Just as likely that you were holding a door open for some ignorant northerner as a for a genuine cockney eel pie local. Which I think was SE’s point. London is full of non-Londoners.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3575 on: December 09, 2021, 11:47:41 AM »

Not my experience SE.  I once held open a door in london for someone in 1987. I'd still be there now if I hadn't eventually let it close in someone's face as is the etiquette ;D

We'll agree to differ. My best friends in the world reside in London, as do their friends, and their friends. It's a great city.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3576 on: December 09, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »

We'll agree to differ. My best friends in the world reside in London, as do their friends, and their friends. It's a great city.

London's not for me but generalising a city of 9m people is pretty mad.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3577 on: December 09, 2021, 11:56:34 AM »
Just as likely that you were holding a door open for some ignorant northerner as a for a genuine cockney eel pie local. Which I think was SE’s point. London is full of non-Londoners.

yeah i got that - that's what its known for. People moving there for their careers. I can't say you meet many cockneys anymore. I'm sure there are some but its very fragmented
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:01:42 PM by sickbeggar »

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3578 on: December 09, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »
Don’t all the cockneys live in their white flight racist supremacist theme parks* in Essex and Kent these days?

* TM, Mr S Lee.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #3579 on: December 09, 2021, 12:06:08 PM »
I know a cockerney. Proper one, old man drove a black cab, 'olidays in Sarfend, lived here thirty years yet still no 'g' in burminnum. Tells everyone he lives in Bournville. He's round the back of the grosvenor, ffs, the cant.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3580 on: December 09, 2021, 12:54:19 PM »
Back on topic

Not sure how many extra seats closing in the North stand sides would generate and not even sure it would work doing the same with the Holte. Would the huge expense be commensurate with the revenue it would bring?
Maybe they could attach extensions / levels to the tiers they already have (a lot of US stadiums seem to go up into the Gods) but not sure what the views would be like being so high.

On transport - i used to park on the official staff car park and it could take me an hour to just got off it. I now park on the street (by Yew tree pub) and it is so much quicker.
What they need is like the old days, Police presence directing a fair number of vehicles in and out of the side roads - without it it is carnage as no one lets anyone in and it just blocks all streets

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3581 on: December 10, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »
Up to approx 50-55k and it’s a stadium any more and you’ve got an arena
people make the mistake of more people better atmosphere i Don’t think it works like that
You actually do the opposite because to many fans are detached

I’d like to see about 10k more in VP and leave it alone with that capacity
turn attention on upgrading facilities where you can
Behind the Holte end and North stand you could have a secured off area before you even enter the stadium

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3582 on: December 10, 2021, 08:19:59 PM »
Up to approx 50-55k and it’s a stadium any more and you’ve got an arena
people make the mistake of more people better atmosphere i Don’t think it works like that
You actually do the opposite because to many fans are detached

I’d like to see about 10k more in VP and leave it alone with that capacity
turn attention on upgrading facilities where you can
Behind the Holte end and North stand you could have a secured off area before you even enter the stadium
Yeah, I think I agree. The more you start thinking about the ins and outs of the whole thing, the less it makes sense to move.

Offline Weedy

« Reply #3583 on: December 14, 2021, 11:50:28 AM »
Interesting thread on Twitter - Swiss Ramble (from a BBC link).

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

Football finance expert Swiss Ramble has crunched the numbers for clubs' earning and spending in England's top two divisions over the past decade so you don't have to.

There's several posts, but this one stood out:

As a result, in the last 10 years the top two English leagues have lost a massive £3.1 bln pre-tax with the largest losses at #AVFC £455m and #MCFC £446m. In this period only 11 out of 44 clubs managed to make money, led by #THFC £338m, #MUFC £191m, #AFC £112m and #NUFC £94m.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #3584 on: December 14, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
Don't care, not my money. As long as there's still a warchest, I'm happy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal