collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 619164 times)

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3525 on: December 07, 2021, 11:36:34 PM »
I'd love to go to America one day. The only thing that puts me off is that it's full of Americans.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #3526 on: December 08, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »
I'd love to go to America one day. The only thing that puts me off is that it's full of Americans.

Easy. The wife’s American bless her.

You could also take a trip to Parump which is a sprawling low rent suburb just over the hill (so you can’t see it from downtown) - it’s where the workers (including the prostitutes live). I stopped when driving through for a Big Mac at the Golden Arch and …. got moving right on out of there pretty fast!

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3527 on: December 08, 2021, 12:26:20 AM »
Isn’t Adele doing a residency in Las Vegas?

Aye. f*ck Vegas. Not worth the risk. You could get offered free tickets, or worse, win them.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3528 on: December 08, 2021, 05:31:23 AM »
Must admit that places like Vegas and Miami are high on the list of places I'd never want to visit.

Would love to go to Chicago, New Orleans and San Francisco. Could pop to all 3 on a day trip...

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3529 on: December 08, 2021, 05:32:29 AM »
Must admit that places like Vegas and Miami are high on the list of places I'd never want to visit.

Would love to go to Chicago, New Orleans and San Francisco. Could pop to all 3 on a day trip...

Good luck!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3530 on: December 08, 2021, 08:31:45 AM »

Sadly you would spend an awful lot of time in the air.
There are some cool places in Miami, I think Vegas is one of those places you have to see once. I would have been very happy if my first trip was my last, it wasnt.
Chicago is the most under rated city in America.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #3531 on: December 08, 2021, 08:47:17 AM »
As someone who has spent a bit of time there (in fact created this account there 15 years ago), my opinion is is somewhere in the middle. I do gamble (poker), so I personally love that side of it (the fake skill games like blackjack do nothing for me personally though).

I would say it’s pretty good for 3 days - as others have said there’s loads of stuff to see and do, including some surprising stuff like Red Rock canyon. The scenery is immense in scale basically any direction 10 miles out of Vegas.

But I would have it behind New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New Orleans, Austin, even Seattle and Boston as a destination for someone who hasn’t been to the US, unless they really like pool parties and strippers.

Also (not having a go at the poster above particularly, I think this is fairly common) it’s still amazing to me how people can say “I would love America if not for the Americans” in a way they wouldnt dream of saying about say Spain or India or Nigeria or anywhere else. Like anywhere there are twats, but there are also some of the kindest, warmest, most reasonable people I’ve ever met.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3532 on: December 08, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
An American said to me that as long as you avoid California then Americans are lovely . Bit like the UK and London.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #3533 on: December 08, 2021, 09:06:36 AM »
I haven't been back to Vegas since the shooting, but if you are thinking about a visit, then a trip to downtown Vegas is a must. Downtown is not so much a rip off like the main strip and it is a whole lot cheaper (gaming/beers/food etc). Great atmosphere too.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3534 on: December 08, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »
As someone who has spent a bit of time there (in fact created this account there 15 years ago), my opinion is is somewhere in the middle. I do gamble (poker), so I personally love that side of it (the fake skill games like blackjack do nothing for me personally though).

I would say it’s pretty good for 3 days - as others have said there’s loads of stuff to see and do, including some surprising stuff like Red Rock canyon. The scenery is immense in scale basically any direction 10 miles out of Vegas.

But I would have it behind New York, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New Orleans, Austin, even Seattle and Boston as a destination for someone who hasn’t been to the US, unless they really like pool parties and strippers.

Also (not having a go at the poster above particularly, I think this is fairly common) it’s still amazing to me how people can say “I would love America if not for the Americans” in a way they wouldnt dream of saying about say Spain or India or Nigeria or anywhere else. Like anywhere there are twats, but there are also some of the kindest, warmest, most reasonable people I’ve ever met.
spot on Vegas.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #3535 on: December 08, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »
An American said to me that as long as you avoid California then Americans are lovely . Bit like the UK and London.

My wife and I got married in Malibu, stayed in LA.and honeymooned in Palm Springs. I can also say the people of Cali are lovely.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3536 on: December 08, 2021, 09:45:09 AM »

My wife and I got married in Malibu, stayed in LA.and honeymooned in Palm Springs. I can also say the people of Cali are lovely.

Never been so I can't comment. I took him to mean California is almost a separate entity from the rest of the country and the media image that annoys Americans and rest of the world largely emanates from California.

Dunno.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3537 on: December 08, 2021, 09:45:28 AM »

The only place that you come across persistently obnoxious is New York and New Jersey is a the equivalent of Essex.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3538 on: December 08, 2021, 09:49:27 AM »

The only place that you come across persistently obnoxious is New York and New Jersey is a the equivalent of Essex.

I am always dubious about castigating a certain region of people.  Is there not twats everywhere

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3539 on: December 08, 2021, 09:54:11 AM »

Classic H&v thread drift!!

There's some odd folk in central Florida, my Mrs has a villa near Orlando and trips to Wal-Mart are eye opening!

Anyway, Boris permitting we are flying out to Miami 30th Dec.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal