collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 622072 times)

Online Chris Harte

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3225 on: November 30, 2021, 06:15:52 PM »
Regarding the parking or lack of, I wonder if a multi-story has been considered. It could perhaps be excavated down as well as upwards to reduce the likely ugly appearance. The only issue then would be getting cars in and out if it. Maybe a temporary one way system is required at both ends of the ground.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3226 on: November 30, 2021, 06:23:34 PM »
On multi story car parks
I was at the Derngate Theatre in Northampton last week and parked in a multistorey car park right next to the building
Getting away was a nightmare as everyone was there at the same time as it would be at a football match
And this was 100 cars maybe not even that

So what it would be like with a few thousand Don’t bear thinking about

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3227 on: November 30, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »
For all its faults regarding transport, the great asset Villa Park enjoys is two stations and two motorway junctions. I can't think of anywhere else in the city where we could get that. 

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #3228 on: November 30, 2021, 06:26:48 PM »
On multi story car parks
I was at the Derngate Theatre in Northampton last week and parked in a multistorey car park right next to the building
Getting away was a nightmare as everyone was there at the same time as it would be at a football match

I did think of that (I remember being stuck on Wembley's multi-story after we'd lost to Fulham - you can imagine the frustration) which is why I suggested the one-way system.

I suppose it's like being between a rock and a hard place, and brings us back nicely to the local infrastructure.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3229 on: November 30, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »
For all its faults regarding transport, the great asset Villa Park enjoys is two stations and two motorway junctions. I can't think of anywhere else in the city where we could get that.
It really shouldn't be that difficult considering.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3230 on: November 30, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »
On multi story car parks

Would be more for team coaches and corporates really so they wouldn't go out until at least an hour after the game.

Actually a good idea might be to move some away fans back into North stand (perhaps stick them in the corner like at a few grounds) and so their coaches can use potential underground car park aswell and you then free up the current away car park for home fans perhaps.

Can't see how road infrastructure can be improved much though unless you probably open up the emergency exit the other side of Villa Village currently so avoiding the roundabout.

Offline wince

« Reply #3231 on: November 30, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »
The idea of moving horrifies me.  But I must admit city centre grounds are fantastic and something on the edge of the City would interest me.  A different sport but Cardiff Arms Park / Millenium Stadium is a brilliant day out.  I think the new Everton stadium will be just superb for their fans.  But I just don't see us finding anything that the council would accept and I doubt the land value of our current site would help viability either.

I'm convinced if we move it will be to the NEC and that will be just horrible.

Slight in the know about NEC but any redevelopment will be for housing or soundstaging. There is no room there.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3232 on: November 30, 2021, 07:41:44 PM »
Is there enough room at the back of the North Stand to allow a shallow enough ramp for either multi-storey or underground car parking?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:31:03 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3233 on: November 30, 2021, 08:15:25 PM »
If we went underground it might be the best way to add facilities to the DE stand.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3234 on: November 30, 2021, 08:32:59 PM »
If we were to look for a new site, we could do worse than look at the Windsor Street gas site. Holders are going soon and the site would take some clearing up but it's within walking distance of the city and large enough to accommodate the ground.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #3235 on: November 30, 2021, 08:46:21 PM »
Pity there’s not a site near the new Curzon St station where we could build. I’d love a new state of the art stadium in the city centre.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3236 on: November 30, 2021, 09:06:42 PM »
If we were to look for a new site, we could do worse than look at the Windsor Street gas site. Holders are going soon and the site would take some clearing up but it's within walking distance of the city and large enough to accommodate the ground.

That site would definitely be big enough and has good potential for transport links but how easy is it the cleanup after the towers?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3237 on: November 30, 2021, 09:15:21 PM »
Look at the low value/empty sheds in and around newtown either side of summer lane… potential there?

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3238 on: November 30, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »

That site would definitely be big enough and has good potential for transport links but how easy is it the cleanup after the towers?

The RICOH was built on the old Foleshill gas works, there is a lot of crap in the ground after 150 years of the holders being there and will be expensive to clean up but in the scheme of things it would be peanuts compared to the cost of building a new stadium

Offline luke95

« Reply #3239 on: November 30, 2021, 09:38:12 PM »

Already earmarked for student accommodation  on that site isnt it .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal