collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621788 times)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2670 on: October 26, 2021, 08:55:02 PM »
Finish 10th again and the interest will begin to cool.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2671 on: October 26, 2021, 09:59:17 PM »
It won't. Clubs are better at marketing themselves than ever before, Birmingham will soon be easier to get to than ever before and the Premier League's hold of the public's football conscience grows bigger all the time. It would have been unthinkable for Tottenham and West Ham to be averaging 60,000 twenty years ago. Villa will have no problem averaging over 40,000 for years to come.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2672 on: October 26, 2021, 10:26:44 PM »
Just imagine if tickets were cheaper too.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #2673 on: October 26, 2021, 10:35:44 PM »
All true but ticket sales are a minutia of a PL clubs income these days - I would imagine that before pulling the lever they will want European competition as a money earning stream to pay for the investment.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2674 on: October 26, 2021, 10:39:02 PM »
The problem is any serious redevelopment seems to require closing a stand for a year. Not a problem that the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Man City, Southampton and others had to worry about. I'd settle for spending a season at Perry Barr after the Commonwealth Games and doing all the redevelopment at once. Has to be at least 55,000 or not worth the hassle.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2675 on: October 26, 2021, 11:18:44 PM »
The positive thing these days is if we have an increase in capacity there's a very good chance we'll fill it every week. Not too many times you've been able to say that over the years.

Indeed. I was sceptical about a decade ago given the crowds, while solid under MON, tended to hover around 36-38k for many games and then it dipped below 35k for next few seasons but for pretty much last two years with crowds it's been a sell out for games v top and bottom of the league.

We could easily get crowds of 48k +.

Must be a reason why Lerner didn't want to do it back then and this ownership isn't quite convinced so would be interested to know why.

Guess they want us closer to top 6 and qualifying for europa for perhaps two seasons in a row to maximize revenue with the extra games. Leicester have done that and they announced extension to take their capacity up to nearly 40k.

Guess it also depends on how strong the hospitality take up game on game basis is as that obviously is important factor to any extension these days aswell.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2676 on: October 26, 2021, 11:22:36 PM »

Don't think it will.  Think most fans will have seen what happened in the summer and expectations would have been adjusted accordingly. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2677 on: October 26, 2021, 11:22:42 PM »
The problem is any serious redevelopment seems to require closing a stand for a year. Not a problem that the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Man City, Southampton and others had to worry about. I'd settle for spending a season at Perry Barr after the Commonwealth Games and doing all the redevelopment at once. Has to be at least 55,000 or not worth the hassle.

It's tricky. Perhaps if we'd been promoted a year earlier and finished 11th they might've got planning permission in and started during lockdown.

Can't say I fancy playing at the Alex, isn't capacity coming back down to 20k after the games. I assume it will have running track still so same issues as West Ham do and it's not really going to be much better to get away after a game than VP, infact probably worse for bus and train unless you're coming in from Walsall/Sandwell side.

Just needs the usual roadworks on the Scott Arms junction and it will be total gridlock for hours afterwards.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2678 on: October 26, 2021, 11:24:10 PM »

What do you mean again?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2679 on: October 27, 2021, 12:27:58 AM »
Given that the North Stand currently holds 7k closing that end down for a season would still leave us with 35k so moving to the Alexander stadium would be completely pointless. A super structure with wrap around sides could achieve 20k adding around 13k to the current capacity and include some state of the art facilities. Then it would all be worth it. It's time to show some big ambitions and make VP one of the best again which cannot be said while we still have the North Stand letting it down. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2680 on: October 27, 2021, 12:30:12 AM »
I was assuming we could persuade the council to leave the Alexandra Stadium at is games capacity for a season (that's 40,000 I think). So wouldn't be completely pointless to the extra five thousand or so that are able to attend matches.

And you could do everything in one season rather than having reduced capacity for (at least) two seasons while you replace the North Stand and Witton Lane Stand.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2681 on: October 31, 2021, 06:23:27 PM »
I know this won't be a popular opinion (most of not all with dusagree) but for me these pair are more at fault for this than Smith. Don't come out with shit like were going for Europe when you're selling season tickets and then when they've been sold sell your best player and a negative net spend. Why not just be honest? We aren't going g to invest anymore, we're cutting our cloth accordingly and we will look to finish between 17th-10th. Thrown Smith right under the bus

Offline Villan82

« Reply #2682 on: October 31, 2021, 06:26:35 PM »
I know this won't be a popular opinion (most of not all with dusagree) but for me these pair are more at fault for this than Smith. Don't come out with shit like were going for Europe when you're selling season tickets and then when they've been sold sell your best player and a negative net spend. Why not just be honest? We aren't going g to invest anymore, we're cutting our cloth accordingly and we will look to finish between 17th-10th. Thrown Smith right under the bus

Not popular? Maybe because it isn't grounded in any reality. They saved our club in 2018 and have backed this manager. This manager has had money every year and he has had us playing shit for most of the past 9 months.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 06:39:26 PM by Villan82 »

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2683 on: October 31, 2021, 06:29:14 PM »

With all due respect, what utter bollocks.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2684 on: October 31, 2021, 06:31:09 PM »
You have to be careful what you say on here... Especially when a bit, er, tipsy. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal