collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621774 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2250 on: July 30, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »
If he does leave, the timing couldn’t be any worse. 2 weeks before the season starts and we lose our best player. Fuckin joke.
Well, O'Neill walked out days before the beginning of the 2010/11 season and look how wonderful the rest of that decade turned-out for us...
True, but MON was a total cnut.
a thunder-cnut

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #2251 on: July 30, 2021, 09:28:21 PM »
If he does leave, the timing couldn’t be any worse. 2 weeks before the season starts and we lose our best player. Fuckin joke.

Well, O'Neill walked out days before the beginning of the 2010/11 season and look how wonderful the rest of that decade turned-out for us...
More a case of Lerner refusing to invest which would have kept the club progressing and would have brought in its own financial rewards.Shades of Ellis post 84 and even further back the late fifties and the whole of the sixties.
What I see with this group  is a clear plan  of buying players who can develop .Someday,I presume,the outlay on players will have to become reasonable.If you are in the Champions League,reasonable is a helluva lot of money.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2252 on: July 31, 2021, 01:16:16 AM »
Guess we aren't another Chelsea or Man City looking to break the mould. That's a real shame. They have been and they are top owners. But the dream is a little dead right now and its very hard to buy into the project of European football.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2253 on: July 31, 2021, 01:36:52 AM »
I think that’s an over reaction. It’s be a step back no doubt and we obviously don’t want to sell but it may be that the owners feel that if he wants out plus the FFP freedom that selling a homegrown talent for £100 million could offer us spend wise in the next 2/3 years is another way we can kick on.

It won’t be the end of our progression and we’ll just need to trust them to have plans in place which I do.

I still hope he’ll stay but if he doesn’t I’ve never trusted owners more to capitalise on the hand they’ve been dealt.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2254 on: July 31, 2021, 06:12:30 AM »
Of course our current owners have been brilliant to date, but they now have an important decision to make. Are we a selling club who may or may not make statement signings OR are we a club that retains its best talent whilst bringing in statement signings? Their answer will show how serious they are about their project/vision for Aston Villa.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2255 on: July 31, 2021, 07:18:30 AM »
Of course our current owners have been brilliant to date, but they now have an important decision to make. Are we a selling club who may or may not make statement signings OR are we a club that retains its best talent whilst bringing in statement signings? Their answer will show how serious they are about their project/vision for Aston Villa.

Very good point which I am sure is not lost on them. Lets be fair everything to date they and Purslow have said and done has been top drawer so let's just see how they play this. I'm sure they have a clear plan on how to address city and any other issue that arises

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2256 on: July 31, 2021, 08:16:53 AM »

Very good point which I am sure is not lost on them. Lets be fair everything to date they and Purslow have said and done has been top drawer so let's just see how they play this. I'm sure they have a clear plan on how to address city and any other issue that arises

Agree.
I gave the owners stick last night/this morning but I've calmed down a little now.
They've done remarkable things for us so far and they will have a plan to implement one way or another.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2257 on: July 31, 2021, 08:19:56 AM »
I have absolute full faith that these owners will be doing everything they can to deliver the right outcome for Aston Villa, and I think most people here will agree with me. I honestly don’t think we could be in better hands right now. Up the Villa.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2258 on: July 31, 2021, 08:26:04 AM »
I have absolute full faith that these owners will be doing everything they can to deliver the right outcome for Aston Villa, and I think most people here will agree with me. I honestly don’t think we could be in better hands right now. Up the Villa.
You're right.
I'm happy enough to be the first to apologise and thank them for what they've done for our fine club so far.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2259 on: July 31, 2021, 08:49:51 AM »
Guess we aren't another Chelsea or Man City looking to break the mould. That's a real shame. They have been and they are top owners. But the dream is a little dead right now and its very hard to buy into the project of European football.

Agree with this if Jack goes. Chelsea and Citeh bought other clubs' best players, we're selling ours.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2260 on: July 31, 2021, 08:59:13 AM »

I agree but if Grealish is sold this will be their biggest test. It will make their job of selling the ambition of the club to new players a little more difficult.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2261 on: July 31, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »

I agree but if Grealish is sold this will be their biggest test. It will make their job of selling the ambition of the club to new players a little more difficult.
a little ? I would suggest an awful lot and it’s not just new players I would worry about.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2262 on: July 31, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »
Every dynasty has to start somewhere, and none get everything they want all the time. We will always be more than any player, though I'd always hoped he'd stay and be a part of it.

Interestingly when I told my son what's happening he asked me if I'd still support the Villa and I told him of course, you never change your team. He smiled which made me happy.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2263 on: July 31, 2021, 09:32:09 AM »

FFP was introduced specifically to stop another Chelsea or Man City. Our owners are easily wealthy enough, but the rules of the game stop them buying success. So if selling one player for £100m means the whole squash improves then that's the game we've got to play.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #2264 on: July 31, 2021, 09:35:20 AM »

a little ? I would suggest an awful lot and it’s not just new players I would worry about.

Yeah exactly. Say Man Utd come in for Konsa next summer for example, what's he going to be thinking.

Any new big ish players from Europe would see us a good platform to show their ability in the top league to impress the 'big' teams.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal