collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92510 times)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »
I think a fire sale ,of Kodjia Albert A  J Grealish Chester Lansbury ,Deep Breath ,Green and Davis would bring in a tidy amount,and reduce the wage bill and weaken the squad ;however would still be able to field a team ,albeit a mixed bag of veterans and youth.  Our running costswould then be further reduced  having already been so by out of contract players and returned loans it can be done let’s grit our teeth.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:25 AM »
I keep on reading comments about selling BMH. Other than a compulsory purchase of part of it for HS2, is there any value in the remainder due to it being greenbelt land.

Offline FranzBiberkopf

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:39 AM »
No club in their right mind would buy anyone off us now. Wait a week or two until the administrators are in and then get them for a fraction of the price or even for free (to get them.off our wage bill).

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2018, 08:21:19 AM »
HS2 isn’t going to hit BMH until 2025 is it?  In which case they could agree a sale and leaseback I suppose?

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »
Anybody got Prince William's phone number?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2018, 08:51:34 AM »
We don’t know any detail really about Villa’s finances or what is reported is true, but I think we should be encouraged today that our owner has found a way to find some money to pay HMRC. Today would have been an ideal time for him to just walk away and cut his losses, money paid to HMRC benefits only the public purse and not the football club at all (this is good though it pays Nurses etc etc and not Micah Richards)

He’s not likely to get a return on his investment anytime soon so perhaps this is the start of a return to a more sustainable future and demonstrates at least some commitment from him.

Hope so. I was completely seduced by his visions of a Smart Witton.
Seriously, now another decade of not even giving the back of the North a fucking good power-hose.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2018, 08:57:03 AM »
Despite all the waffle, it seems to me that it's little more than a cash flow problem, the details of which are sketchy. Whoever was finding the money from China has pulled the plug on the payment for May, the reasons for that and whether its permanent or not we don't know. Wyness is suspended, we don't know why but it sounds like he's not of the same opinion as Xia on how to resolve the issue so Xia has suspended him with an 'if you want a job done properly do it yourself' attitude. Xia has very quickly got out of the initial mess with time to move players on and straighten the books for quite a bit longer. We are even now talking about bringing players in which I suppose you would expect considering quite a few will have to go. As long as Xia, Round and Bruce etc are clever about this and get some good business done we could even be competitive in the division next season. Personally I think the mass hysteria should certainly die down now.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2018, 08:58:21 AM »
Despite all the waffle, it seems to me that it's little more than a cash flow problem, the details of which are sketchy. Whoever was finding the money from China has pulled the plug on the payment for May, the reasons for that and whether its permanent or not we don't know. Wyness is suspended, we don't know why but it sounds like he's not of the same opinion as Xia on how to resolve the issue so Xia has suspended him with an 'if you want a job done properly do it yourself' attitude. Xia has very quickly got out of the initial mess with time to move players on and straighten the books for quite a bit longer. We are even now talking about bringing players in which I suppose you would expect considering quite a few will have to go. As long as Xia, Round and Bruce etc are clever about this and get some good business done we could even be competitive in the division next season. Personally I think the mass hysteria should certainly die down now.

Fuck me, I do hope you are correct.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »
Been away for a few days and only just seen that my beloved club has been turned into a clusterfuck x omnishambles x shitstorm by Wyness and Xia.  Wyness said at the fan forum there was a plan for if we didn't get promoted.   Which now appears to be to go into administration.  Fuck me how do these people get these jobs?   

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »

How have we got out of the initial mess which time to sort things out for a bit longer?

We've agreed a deal to get more time to pay last month's paye bill. Next month's (plus the rest of the wage bill) is still coming, though. And the month after, and the month after and so on.

I fear things are going to get much worse before they start to get better.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2018, 09:11:51 AM »
The Chinese stopped payments well before May.

Otherwise why would be looking at factoring future income?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »

How have we got out of the initial mess which time to sort things out for a bit longer?

We've agreed a deal to get more time to pay last month's paye bill. Next month's (plus the rest of the wage bill) is still coming, though. And the month after, and the month after and so on.

I fear things are going to get much worse before they start to get better.

Well, the worse case scenario is that we pull in a big wad of money from player sales and that only keeps us going until early next year. Players coming in will be youth, free transfers or maybe very cheap deals. If not played correctly we will be bottom half next season, with a bit of a worry on finances towards the end of the season. Xia would have time to try to resolve in other ways, it seems to me he needs to be much more involved currently.
If this is the best we can hope for I hope we get bought out, which is a real possibility. Otherwise, as I say, my thoughts are that actually Xia will still be able to run the club sufficiently and only FFP will stand in the way otherwise, but if we play the transfer market well we could still have a decent team out there every week.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2018, 09:29:35 AM »
HS2 isn’t going to hit BMH until 2025 is it?  In which case they could agree a sale and leaseback I suppose?

Land being used for HS2 in that area has already been paid for in some cases, we’ve probably already had it and spent it on something important. Hope Gabby enjoys today’s Shisha pipe in Dubai.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
No club in their right mind would buy anyone off us now. Wait a week or two until the administrators are in and then get them for a fraction of the price or even for free (to get them.off our wage bill).

It wouldn't work like that.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2018, 09:33:05 AM »
Wyness said at the fan forum there was a plan for if we didn't get promoted.   Which now appears to be to go into administration.  Fuck me how do these people get these jobs?   

To be fair he didn’t say it was a good plan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal