collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:47:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:46:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:46:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 03:46:16 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by 260475
[Today at 03:45:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 03:33:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:30:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 324079 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #2025 on: July 20, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »
Dr Tony Xia and Aston Villa Football Club (“the Club”) announce that NSWE, a company that is jointly owned and controlled by businessman Nassef Sawiris’ group NNS and businessman Wes Edens, will immediately inject significant investment capital into the Club. At the same time, Dr Tony Xia will become Co-Chairman and remain on the board. 

The capital injection and transaction have been approved by the EFL and the parties will work through all confirmatory approvals required by the EFL as soon as possible.

The Club’s management remain focused on strengthening the squad and are fully aligned with the new investors who are supportive of their ambitions. 

Dr Tony Xia and the Club are energised and excited about their interactions with Nassef and Wes and their teams and are confident that as strategic partners they bring exceptional business, sport and leisure expertise that will enhance the Club’s future prospects. The parties look forward to working in partnership to drive Aston Villa forward to success.

Dr Tony Xia commented: “I am extremely pleased to have formed a strategic partnership with Nassef and Wes. We have a common goal of delivering future success for Aston Villa and I look forward to working together to achieve this aim.

“To have come so close to achieving promotion last season was a humbling experience. In finding such strong partners as Nassef and Wes we’re gearing up to fight again and bring back the success that this Club deserves and we all so want to provide it with.

“The future is exciting on a number of fronts and I look forward to exploring further business collaborations.”

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens commented: “As lifelong football fans, we are excited and privileged to have become part of this great Club. We believe that together we bring business and sports experience that will help strengthen the Club to ensure Aston Villa can return to its rightful place in the upper echelons of English football.

“Our goal is to bring sustainable success to the Club, building on its rich history while respecting its loyal fan base and unique culture. We understand that we are stewards of Aston Villa on behalf of the fans and we take that responsibility seriously.

“We look forward to working with Dr Tony to undertake a thorough assessment and evaluation of the Club in the coming weeks and our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the upcoming season and beyond.”

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2026 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
Dr Tony Xia and Aston Villa Football Club (“the Club”) announce that NSWE, a company that is jointly owned and controlled by businessman Nassef Sawiris’ group NNS and businessman Wes Edens, will immediately inject significant investment capital into the Club. At the same time, Dr Tony Xia will become Co-Chairman and remain on the board. 

The capital injection and transaction have been approved by the EFL and the parties will work through all confirmatory approvals required by the EFL as soon as possible.

The Club’s management remain focused on strengthening the squad and are fully aligned with the new investors who are supportive of their ambitions. 

Dr Tony Xia and the Club are energised and excited about their interactions with Nassef and Wes and their teams and are confident that as strategic partners they bring exceptional business, sport and leisure expertise that will enhance the Club’s future prospects. The parties look forward to working in partnership to drive Aston Villa forward to success.

Dr Tony Xia commented: “I am extremely pleased to have formed a strategic partnership with Nassef and Wes. We have a common goal of delivering future success for Aston Villa and I look forward to working together to achieve this aim.

“To have come so close to achieving promotion last season was a humbling experience. In finding such strong partners as Nassef and Wes we’re gearing up to fight again and bring back the success that this Club deserves and we all so want to provide it with.

“The future is exciting on a number of fronts and I look forward to exploring further business collaborations.”

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens commented: “As lifelong football fans, we are excited and privileged to have become part of this great Club. We believe that together we bring business and sports experience that will help strengthen the Club to ensure Aston Villa can return to its rightful place in the upper echelons of English football.

“Our goal is to bring sustainable success to the Club, building on its rich history while respecting its loyal fan base and unique culture. We understand that we are stewards of Aston Villa on behalf of the fans and we take that responsibility seriously.

“We look forward to working with Dr Tony to undertake a thorough assessment and evaluation of the Club in the coming weeks and our priority is to strengthen the squads and structures ahead of the upcoming season and beyond.”

New co-owners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Edens
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nassef_Sawiris

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #2027 on: July 20, 2018, 02:04:48 PM »
Wes Edens and Nassif Sawiris involved.

Never heard of either but both seem to have significant wealth.  Lets hope there is some nous there as well.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2028 on: July 20, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »
Nassif - Wiki says:  "As of September 2016, his net worth was estimated to be $5.3 billion"

I'm sure we can whittle that down...

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #2029 on: July 20, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
Back from the brink!!!

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #2030 on: July 20, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
Finally some positive news, hopefully leading to a takeover and forward thinking football people at the club.

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2031 on: July 20, 2018, 02:13:22 PM »
Nassif - Wiki says:  "As of September 2016, his net worth was estimated to be $5.3 billion"

And Wes is no. 369 on the Forbes list with a mere $2.5 billion

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2032 on: July 20, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
Finally some positive news, hopefully leading to a takeover and forward thinking football people at the club.
Indeed, what a nice start to the weekend.
Jack in the team tomorrow and going no-where would be too much to ask surely??!!!

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #2033 on: July 20, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »

$7 billion according to the link above!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2034 on: July 20, 2018, 02:15:33 PM »
Good news - a UK-based gazillionaire should put to bed any further issues around paying tax bills and administration.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2035 on: July 20, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
To me this last paragraph....

Suggests only a matter of time before they take over completely

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2036 on: July 20, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »
Sounds like they have a decent pedigree and you can actually find out some information about their backgrounds... but who knows?

Welcome to the best club in the World...

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #2037 on: July 20, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
Daniel Levy you can suck my balls if you still think you're getting Jack on the cheap!

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2038 on: July 20, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »
I think that is about as good as we could hope for. Fantastic news.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #2039 on: July 20, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »

And Wes is no. 369 on the Forbes list with a mere $2.5 billion

pah, a mere peasant!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal