collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 221785 times)

Online manic-road

Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #1335 on: July 15, 2020, 08:31:14 AM »
FFP seems to me a rule to maintain the status quo of the current bigger clubs remaining a big fish and limiting the likes of Man City & PSG with rich owners establishing themselves amongst the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1336 on: July 15, 2020, 09:01:04 AM »
there is corruption in Football, it starts at the top, we are relying on the hope that individuals further down the food chain are acting with integrity, it probably is a forlorn hope.
FFP is now a mess because of Covid and the Citeh ruling.
Where they go from here is anybody’s guess. The ruling does not make any sense, they have fined them for not cooperating ie not providing evidence that would have been incriminating, and because there is no evidence they have let them off the charge breaking the rules. The fine is a bribe but obviously not the whole bribe.
This just tells you how bent the system is, but just like our politics, honesty, integrity and the rule of law does not seem to matter any more.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #1337 on: July 15, 2020, 03:04:19 PM »
If Man Citeh have been exonerated why have they still been fined 10 million euros? FFP is a joke. Perhaps our owners can flex their financial muscle now?

If we manage to survive this season, then I think there may well be some muscle flexing down at VP.  It amuses me when the talk is about how this club owner is so rich and that club owner has got billions but the Villa owners are never mentioned.  They are completely under the radar for nearly everyone yet they, with about 2 exceptions, could blow every other owner out of the water.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1338 on: July 15, 2020, 03:50:33 PM »
And that’s precisely why we need a scouting and management team to take full advantage. Suso and Dean Smith it ain’t. If we stay up get in a top drawer manager like Poch with a team he trusts to recruit some proper footballers. Next FFP is a free hit. Time for us to catch up if we stay up.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1339 on: July 15, 2020, 04:41:19 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this but here seems appropriate,  From Sky:

BREAKING: Five substitutes will be allowed next season, football lawmakers have announced following a meeting of the International Football Association Board.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1340 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:19 PM »

BREAKING: Five substitutes will be allowed next season, football lawmakers have announced following a meeting of the International Football Association Board.

I like this, it allows clubs like us to give game time to younger players without so much risk. The counter is that it lets big clubs flood the bench with quality but I don't know how much that will actually happen.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1341 on: July 15, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

I like this, it allows clubs like us to give game time to younger players without so much risk. The counter is that it lets big clubs flood the bench with quality but I don't know how much that will actually happen.

Man City will be over the moon.

Whilst FFP remains in place, it means that clubs like ours but even more so the likes of Sheffield United, Norwich, Bournemouth won't be able to go out and buy lots of good players but the likes of ManU, Liverpool, City etc will.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1342 on: July 15, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »

Surely it will definitely happen. You're not paying 22 senior players obscene wages for some to be left out of the match-day squad especially when you can now change half your outfield team "in-game".

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1343 on: July 15, 2020, 06:07:25 PM »
And the playing field tilts further in favour of the big boys.  What a fucking joke this game has become.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1344 on: July 15, 2020, 06:13:44 PM »

Surely it will definitely happen. You're not paying 22 senior players obscene wages for some to be left out of the match-day squad especially when you can now change half your outfield team "in-game".

Do the big clubs not bring kids through with 7/3 already? It might give them a small advantage in the short term but long term I think it's a positive change for national football and younger players.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1345 on: July 15, 2020, 06:15:32 PM »
It seems to be clubs would be able to bring on 5 subs from 11. I don't agree with it at all. I think you will find the top clubs will stockpile big squads but there will be a lot of player turnover. Yes players will happily sign for the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City but after one or two years the bit part/squad players will want to move on to somewhere where they will be regularly starting games.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1346 on: July 15, 2020, 06:18:06 PM »
It massively benefits the richer clubs, so no surprise it's been brought in.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1347 on: July 15, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »
It seems to be clubs would be able to bring on 5 subs from 11. I don't agree with it at all. I think you will find the top clubs will stockpile big squads but there will be a lot of player turnover. Yes players will happily sign for the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City but after one or two years the bit part/squad players will want to move on to somewhere where they will be regularly starting games.

Clubs can't stockpile big squads, they'll still be squads of 25 O21 players. This means that a handful of injuries or bans and everyone will be relying on U21 players. Some clubs will take the piss with signing the best youth players but that's been happening for years anyway, at least now those youth players might actually get games for the club they've joined instead of joining the long list of loanees out from Chelsea, etc.

Again, short term I think it'll be a bit shit but after a few years it will be a positive impact for clubs willing to invest and work with youth squads, given that's the exact business model our CEO and owners have talked about I'm of the opinion that this will be a good change for us.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1348 on: July 15, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »
I think it's awful for clubs like us

The richer clubs already stockpile the best players in the world - Chelsea have been doing it for years, and sending lots of them out on loan. The difference will be that we'll be able to give your Cameron Archers of this world a runout whereas Man City will start games with a bench like the one they had tonight - Sterling, De Bruyne, Zinchenko, Rodri, Laporte, Mahrez, Garcia and, err, Carson - only from now, they'll be able to get 5 of them some pitch time.

It basically reduces clubs like us to an existence of "give the plucky kids a run out whilst we make it easier for the likes of Man City to crush everyone else"

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1349 on: July 15, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »
Fuck off top-flight football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal