collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread  (Read 476026 times)

Offline Nastylee

Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #2505 on: August 22, 2018, 11:19:39 AM »
Looking at him, he doesn't score many and he doesn't really create many assists. Erm..........
Looking at him at VP a few seasons back he scared the bejesus out of me.

well stats can lie i guess and obviously you can create goals without being the guy who lays on the last cross or pass, but you do look at him and wonder how he went for 25m on his record

Yet we all agreed Jack was worth x despite him scoring very few and having very little in the way of direct assists.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2506 on: August 22, 2018, 11:24:57 AM »
Yes but Jack is far younger so there's the potential-premium we placed on him.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #2507 on: August 22, 2018, 11:38:03 AM »
Medical bloke says he doesn't need a medical. I assume that's because we're not buying him so he's still insured by Everton.

Well, let's hope he's still got some of that lightening pace, as we need it.

A thorough medical of any professional player has to be taken loan or permanent .

So if as you say he's not booked in he's not coming(going to Boro) or its not done yet for some reason as I would say a loan is no different to a permanent move.

Nope. Loans get a once over st BMH. Permanent transfers go to Spire in Little Aston.

AHH thanks it's my wording as they are taken on board differently rather than how I put ' no difference' but a form of medical is required then .

The once over rather than full vwash variety . I just like to be cautious with this one all round as Yannick has had a bad injury and for much him as us needs to be treated well in his next move

Can only imagine his frustration and that also as pointed out by Everton fans on forums saying it wasn't him of course that set price tag (market forces)
Let's hope this deal gets over the line along with The Dutch chap and maybe targett as left back

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #2508 on: August 22, 2018, 11:40:50 AM »
My point is goals and assists aren't always the obvious judge of a player's impact. You can't praise Jack on one hand despite not getting on the scoresheet then use it as a beating stick against YB.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2509 on: August 22, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »
Gregg Evans is now reporting that both Bolaise and El Ghazi have agreed to sign for us!

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #2510 on: August 22, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »
Gregg Evans is now reporting that both Bolaise and El Ghazi have agreed to sign for us!

Russel thank you !!
And Gregg Evans to never be quoted if this is a false flag!

I mean they can't be any more Joe Bryan situations surely !

I like to think Evans has his ear to the ground and gets the snippets otherwise I rather listen to Dave woods !

Come on and utv!! Great news heading!

Brilliant dynamics incoming ! Yesss

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2511 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »

Russel thank you !!
And Gregg Evans to never be quoted if this is a false flag!

I mean they can't be any more Joe Bryan situations surely !

I like to think Evans has his ear to the ground and gets the snippets otherwise I rather listen to Dave woods !

Come on and utv!! Great news heading!

Brilliant dynamics incoming ! Yesss

Let it go, let it gooooooooooo ;o)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2512 on: August 22, 2018, 11:53:31 AM »
Rather have Snodgrass back than Bolasie and, given that the purse strings appear to be loosening, I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more talk of that happening.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2513 on: August 22, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »
So, are they eligible for tonight?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2514 on: August 22, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
we would be really pushing the FFP boundaries wouldn't we with these two and someone like Abraham?

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #2515 on: August 22, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
Hear you on Snoddy, tried and tested and up for the cause.
We do have Mcginn and his left foot plus his drive and dynamics.

What we could see is that their is an addressing of situation to have the dynamic play from open play too with additions of el gazza and blasé!

These two are direct runners and dribblers and whatever Bruce style of play, along with Mcginn, the 2 transfer swill get us on the ball and moving forwards , creating and hopefully a lot more energetic and entertainment.

I loved snoddy but perhaps as he doesn't offer the pace and ultimate dribbling  these two do then it's good we have looked at bringing them in.

Can only wait and see however I now think Bruce can't just be cautious in matches as he has players like these and the exsiting squad adds a great mix.

Tammy Abraham or even Shane long to adds to the energy up top and Targett the left back and we be cooking

Rather have Snodgrass back than Bolasie and, given that the purse strings appear to be loosening, I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more talk of that happening.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2516 on: August 22, 2018, 12:01:51 PM »
One issue that this does cause though, is with the total number of loan-signings. I think I'm right in saying that we're only allowed 5 in a match-day squad, so with Tuanzebe, Moreira, Bolaise and El Ghazi we've only got space for one more. If we're still looking for a left-back and a striker this is going to mean one of the above having to drop-out. Perhaps keeping Bunn around does make sense after all...?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2517 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »
Is that right, didn’t Watford regularly turn out a whole team of loanees a few years ago?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2518 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »

If they are in the director’s box tonight expect them to sign for Preston tomorrow

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2519 on: August 22, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »
Yeah he could play the up-front holding role...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal