Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Remembering 92/93

<< < (2/16) > >>

Chico Hamilton III:
I was working in a shop in Manchester at the time and, the day after United beat Norwich at Carrow Road, Andre Kanchelskis walked in with Mrs Kanchelskis ( in a day-glo shell suit as I remember - very fashionable with Eastern Europeans at the time) and I had to serve him. I tried to make a joke about him being yards offside for his goal at Norwich but  I don't think my West Midlands humour translated well.

When we went to Blackburn, wasn't that when the away end was being rebuilt at Ewood? I remember hundreds of Villa fans being marched out of the home end, along the touchline and being shoved in to the away end. Was that the same season?

Damo70:
I was there when Deano had one chalked off on his debut at Elland Road (I think Hodge scored for Leeds in a 1-1 draw), but his home debut was probably the most memorable game of the season. Three games against United and they couldn't beat us in the head to heads but then that is what Ipswich say about us in '80/'81. The games at home to Coventry and away to Blackburn are the ones I remember I felt it was slipping away, particularly as United won on both those days. The Oldham game was desperately depressing.

Damo70:

--- Quote from: Chico Hamilton III on March 21, 2018, 10:42:01 AM ---I was working in a shop in Manchester at the time and, the day after United beat Norwich at Carrow Road, Andre Kanchelskis walked in with Mrs Kanchelskis ( in a day-glo shell suit as I remember - very fashionable with Eastern Europeans at the time) and I had to serve him. I tried to make a joke about him being yards offside for his goal at Norwich but  I don't think my West Midlands humour translated well.

When we went to Blackburn, wasn't that when the away end was being rebuilt at Ewood? I remember hundreds of Villa fans being marched out of the home end, along the touchline and being shoved in to the away end. Was that the same season?

--- End quote ---

I seem to remember sitting in a stand at the side of the pitch at Ewood that season whereas on my previous visits we were always behind one of the goals.

Chico Hamilton III:

--- Quote from: Damo70 on March 21, 2018, 10:47:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chico Hamilton III on March 21, 2018, 10:42:01 AM ---I was working in a shop in Manchester at the time and, the day after United beat Norwich at Carrow Road, Andre Kanchelskis walked in with Mrs Kanchelskis ( in a day-glo shell suit as I remember - very fashionable with Eastern Europeans at the time) and I had to serve him. I tried to make a joke about him being yards offside for his goal at Norwich but  I don't think my West Midlands humour translated well.

--- End quote ---

I seem to remember sitting in a stand at the side of the pitch at Ewood that season whereas on my previous visits we were always behind one of the goals.

--- End quote ---

That's where we were sitting too. Night game?

Chico Hamilton III:

--- Quote from: Damo70 on March 21, 2018, 10:45:37 AM ---I was there when Deano had one chalked off on his debut at Elland Road (I think Hodge scored for Leeds in a 1-1 draw),

--- End quote ---

I also remember that we were at the side of the pitch at Elland Road, instead of behind the goal, for Deano's debut

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version