collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NRC and The Ballboy on Sky  (Read 3402 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: NRC and The Ballboy on Sky
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Didn't West Ham fans absolutely hate him? Not because he left and came to us, but something happened there previously, I vaguely remember.

Anyway, he was fucking shit.

He was part of the "Baby Bentley" generation along with Harewood and Anton Ferdinand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-426101/Curbs-drive-Baby-Bentley-boys.html

West Ham had a great season when they reached the cup final in 2006 but were awful the next season and loads of their fans blamed Reo-Coker with him being captain.

Edit:

Incredible as it now sounds, Marlon Harewood — not Theo Walcott — would have gone to the

World Cup as Sven Goran Eriksson’s wild card had he not been injured during the Cardiff

the players were unsettled by the feverish takeover speculation and the arrival of two allegedly worldclass Argentines

It was the Tevez and Mascherano season.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:32:02 AM by SoccerHQ »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
There's an allegation that turned out to be 100% true

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 11:41:51 AM »
Yes Tevez was amazing in the run in although with it being West Ham he wasn't properly registered of course....

Mascherano couldn't get a game ahead of Hayden Mullins.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 11:44:52 AM »
The best game I saw him play for Villa was the pre season friendly against Inter. He was very good at breaking up play as a defensive midfielder but pretty limited apart from that.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 11:48:26 AM »
He played very well in the home win v Chelsea few weeks later (Doug offering his hand to Abramovich as he left game).

If I was to describe NRC as a footballer I'd say he couldn't pass or shoot but was good at other aspects of the game. Tried to work that one out!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 11:51:25 AM »
Missed a sitter at the Sty. I'm glad he did as it made the late winner even better.

There was a story that O'Neill was shocked to realise that he couldn't pass when viewing him in training after he'd signed him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Reo Coker was rubbish.

I remember him more for dancing like a divvy in this video than anything he did in a Villa shirt.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 11:53:41 AM »
Think I read it on VT shortly after he signed he went for an eye test at a Birmingham city centre opticians (someone who was posting worked there) and was pescribed glasses as his eye sight was awful so watching him afterwards I also wonder if he'd left his contacts in the dressing room.

His passing was that bad under pressure in some games.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
Reo Coker was rubbish.

I remember him more for dancing like a divvy in this video than anything he did in a Villa shirt.

Wow! Just... Wow! I don't know whether to thank you or curse you for that video. It's like something Pogba would do now but crucially without the talent, charisma or fun.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
He was better than the player he replaced (McCann) and better for us than Sidwell. Feint praise!
I certainly wouldn't remember him as a bad player, but for the money we paid at the time he was underwhelming certainly.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »
He was better than the player he replaced (McCann) and better for us than Sidwell. Feint praise!
I certainly wouldn't remember him as a bad player, but for the money we paid at the time he was underwhelming certainly.

I don't remember him as a bad player either

Just a complete fucking rubbish one

Offline glasses

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 12:37:34 PM »
I used to like NRC. Especially the early days. I always thought we looked a better team with him in it, despite his own shortcomings.

I saw him in a recent interview talking about "the West Ham way", and that cemented him in the Bell end camp for me.

I remember almost getting into a punch up with a guy outside a nightclub over him though years ago. I think Petrov was playing ahead of him at the time, and I was talking with my own mates (Two bluenoses and others) probably fairly loudly, about how I'd much prefer to see NRC in the team (time has passed and changed my view on things). Anyway, a couple of lads (Villa fans) overheard and one chap took it upon himself to talk me out of my opinion. All was fine, I disagreed blah blah, then he uttered the words "NRC is just a typical N*****r". My face turned apparently and I think I was about to go for him, but my Bluenose, mixed race mate heard it all and grabbed me and very quickly pulled me away and said we were going somewhere else, and then calmly said to me as we we're walking away "he's a prick, and he's not worth you ending your night in a cell, lets get fucking smashed" 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal