collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 28898 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Sheff Wednesday 2-4 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 01:46:05 AM »
Maybe it's someone with a great taste in sitcoms and a nod to David Walliams' character in Spaced.

I’ll go with that eamonn. It would at least give me my title back. And you seem to be as stuck in the 90s as me, for which I both pity and admire you.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2018, 01:47:51 AM »
Do we like that Fulham is ahead? No clue - Guess we fight for no 2 and it is crap

Anyway - today - the MAIN man was Snoddy! bloody .... - he was good today. Others - especially midfield were not so good - we rode our luck. Flooded the midfield without controlling it - Onomah was good the first 20 minutes - then I praised him :/ and was shit after.

Lesson learned? I will never ever praise a player on match thread again.

He's a player and his attitude is fantastic. Pray he stays.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2018, 01:49:56 AM »
David O'Leary was right btw.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #153 on: February 25, 2018, 01:53:43 AM »
David O'Leary was right btw.

Sugar does indeed come in bags. Sort of. More packets really, but the guy’s down on his luck.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2018, 05:10:53 AM »
Extremely fucked off with players and Bruce pre match and expected a defeat. Once we went 1-0 down I’m downcast as autos is gone and the lottery of play offs. So hit Tesco’s with the wife.

Just about to leave and it’s 1-1, cue relief with the showing of some resilience.

Get to Tescos and its 2-1 to the owls. Fuck sake villa. Praying for equaliser. Checking bbc updates every turn and half way down each aisle.

Last aisle (bog roll), missus forgot cheese, I’ll wait here and check score.....2-2 Whelan!!!!

One of the reasons I was cheesed off was seeing him back in the xi. WTF do I know ?!!

Get in the car, roundabout and Hourihane makes it 3-2 - cue bedlam behind the wheel, euphoria, swearing, fist pumping.

Approach drive, pull in and penalty to villa. Singing, Dancing, jumping in the Remy household.

Great to be a Villa fan..as I wipe egg off my face, apology to Bruce and the boys.

I’d say in the context of our season that may prove to be one of the most important victories in our season or recent history.

I’m counting hours till I take my seat at VP for the hoops.

Good stuff Remy.

Like a small heath fan’s match thread for a home game, apart from the ‘we won’ bit.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2018, 07:16:37 AM »
muted goal celebration from Whelan - anyone else ick up on that?

Offline Dave P

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:25 AM »
muted goal celebration from Whelan - anyone else ick up on that?

He used to play for them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2018, 07:24:47 AM »
I've had a flick through that Sheffield Wednesday forum and I'm concerned about the shortage of tin foil in the South Yorkshire area. Appears to all be in use.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2018, 07:53:28 AM »
To be fair one foul in a game is pretty unbelievable. Didn't see the match and obviously we all watch with a degree of bias but what did folks there make of ref?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #159 on: February 25, 2018, 08:02:23 AM »
He kept giving Snoddy free kicks for being fouled and then didn't send Terry off for an excellent tackle. Didn't give a goal for a ball not crossing the line.

Not sure what the referee had to with us sticking 4 past them or them only scoring 2. Bitter cranks.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2018, 08:44:57 AM »
they were a tad unlucky with the amount of times they hit the woodwork, but sometimes you need luck on your side  and let's face it, we've not had much of it in the last few years. Maybe the gods are on our side again and this is our year.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »
A great win, but against a makeshift Wednesday side. There are bigger tests to come.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2018, 09:08:40 AM »
Also with just Hull away to go we’ve had good outings to Yorkshire this year.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2018, 09:09:54 AM »
Great win that. If you want to go up automatically you need to win games when you play poorly and don't necessarily deserve to win. We were dreadful first half and I feared the worst but credit to Bruce, he made a couple of changes and they worked.

For the first time in years we've actually got players that we like again. That season we went down I hated every one of the fuckers. The scenes at the end showed how much it means to them and that they care. People said Terry was coming for one last pay day and he wouldn't be bothered but he's a professional and a winner and a leader. Snodgrass aswell, only on loan but he cares.

Onomah on the other hand. Send him back to Spurs. Useless and shouldn't even be in the squad.

Two of our best and biggest wins have come in Sheffield. Brilliant scenes and support in both games. UTV

Offline Clampy

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »
These are the victories that’ll take us up!

I said that on the way back yesterday. Wins like that do give you the feeling we can do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal