collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 22410 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2018, 03:47:16 PM »

Hopefully that was the figure before they went on general sale last night. All hail the saving grace though - We don't get points deducted for taking such a piss poor following there. (although hopefully it will stop the wankfest over how great our support is)

I laugh at the 1275 who are so far making the effort to go, embarrassing. In my defence, I can't go because I don't want to.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

Hopefully that was the figure before they went on general sale last night. All hail the saving grace though - We don't get points deducted for taking such a piss poor following there. (although hopefully it will stop the wankfest over how great our support is)

I laugh at the 1275 who are so far making the effort to go, embarrassing. In my defence, I can't go because I don't want to.

Again, you are misunderstanding. Nobody is attempting to give it the "I'm a better fan than you are". I wouldn't go if I didn't want to go either. I find it disappointing that so few don't want to go, given our league position and what we are playing for.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »

Again, you are misunderstanding. Nobody is attempting to give it the "I'm a better fan than you are". I wouldn't go if I didn't want to go either. I find it disappointing that so few don't want to go, given our league position and what we are playing for.

When people are moaning that we're taking (comparatively) few to an away game, then if they're going they ARE saying they're a better fan than the rest. When all you ever do is talk about ticket sales and poor atmosphere, you're putting yourself out on a limb to be shot down.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »
You cannot compare London with Sunderland for transport or exiles. We sold the full 1800 for our cup disaster down there on a Friday night in shite weather. Leeds sold circa 2000 for Bristol City last season on a night game which is roughly the same distance.

End of the day, fuck Leeds, the mickey mouse twats. They're not even half the club we are and if their fans weren't fucktards extraordinaire, you wouldn't pay any attention to them;m read the same for Heath, Small and Millwall and all the other shit house clubs who people have only ever heard of beyond the end of their post codes because they acted like ****** in the 80s and still take rafts of bell ends in Stone Island these days to games.

There is a reason Leeds are universally mocked about their attendances, its because nobody gives a good fuck.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:01:53 PM by Ads »

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:57 PM »
You cannot compare London with Sunderland for transport or exiles. We sold the full 1800 for our cup disaster down there on a Friday night in shite weather. Leeds sold circa 2000 for Bristol City last season on a night game which is roughly the same distance.

Exiles is a good point. I've known us take a couple of thousand to a night game and had about half a dozen coaches parked up.

Offline Ads

« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »

Exiles is a good point. I've known us take a couple of thousand to a night game and had about half a dozen coaches parked up.

Every time we play down at London on a night we sell out and you'll find loads of people in work shirts, minus their ties shouting "fackin' hell Villa!". I'm sure the same is true of Wednesday. For every "hey ooop lad" from South Yorkshire, you'll have had an exile who lives down there. Aint no fucker going to volunteer to live in Sunderland. Where I am is about as far north as you go before you get Wildlings.

Have a look at peoples locations on here, ok its not universal, but its a typical example. There's a good number from London and there's a good number of us in the North West, smattering over the way in Yorkshire. Its why we universally sell out everywhere, but the absence of exiles in the North East probably hits us on a week night, same as everybody else.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:10:20 PM by Ads »

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2018, 04:07:15 PM »

Every time we play down at London on a night we sell out and you'll find loads of people in work shirts, minus their ties shouting "fackin' hell Villa!". I'm sure the same is true of Wednesday. For every "hey ooop lad" from South Yorkshire, you'll have had an exile who lives down there. Aint no fucker going to volunteer to live in London. Where I am is about as far north as you go before you get Wildlings.

Have a look at peoples locations on here, ok its not universal, but its a typical example. There's a good number from London and there's a good number of us in the North West, smattering over the way in Yorkshire. Its why we universally sell out everywhere, but the absence of exiles in the North East probably hits us on a week night, same as everybody else.

Anyone who knows me will tell you how in the days of selling at away games I shed a tear every time a London club got relegated.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »

When people are moaning that we're taking (comparatively) few to an away game, then if they're going they ARE saying they're a better fan than the rest. When all you ever do is talk about ticket sales and poor atmosphere, you're putting yourself out on a limb to be shot down.

Nobody is moaning.
I fail to see how commenting on poor sales qualifies you to be a better fan just because you happen to be going to a particular game.
I've never spoken about atmosphere and don't think I've ever personally contributed to a song or chant since the early 80s. In fact, I think our chants and songs are shit as well and seem to be based on two or three syllables followed by "M'lord". That's another story though
I'd prefer to debate rather than be "shot down" but ultimately, my feelings and opinions will remain the same, regardless of the amount of sarcasm they seem to attract.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »

Nobody is moaning.
I fail to see how commenting on poor sales qualifies you to be a better fan just because you happen to be going to a particular game.
I've never spoken about atmosphere and don't think I've ever personally contributed to a song or chant since the early 80s. In fact, I think our chants and songs are shit as well and seem to be based on two or three syllables followed by "M'lord". That's another story though
I'd prefer to debate rather than be "shot down" but ultimately, my feelings and opinions will remain the same, regardless of the amount of sarcasm they seem to attract.

Somebody - not you - IS moaning. That's quite obvious, unless the phrase  "shit following that" is actually da youf speak for something on a par with Hillsborough '75.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »

End of the day, fuck Leeds, the mickey mouse twats. They're not even half the club we are and if their fans weren't fucktards extraordinaire, you wouldn't pay any attention to them;m read the same for Heath, Small and Millwall and all the other shit house clubs who people have only ever heard of beyond the end of their post codes because they acted like c***s in the 80s and still take rafts of bell ends in Stone Island these days to games.

There is a reason Leeds are universally mocked about their attendances, its because nobody gives a good fuck.

I'm  not comparing it. However, 1500 was good for a midweek game 170 odd miles away.

Personally, I want the best for Villa and I believe that the better supported we are, the more the momentum increases. If another team can take 3,000 fans 200 miles up the road then I'd like to think that we can. If another team can get 60,000 for home games, I want us to do the same.

2,000 or less to Sunderland in our position is disappointing, no matter what comparison is or isn't used.

Offline Ads

« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
Leeds aren't travelling 200 miles up the road to Sunderland. You're not comparing apples and apples. Different transport infrastructure, different pressures. It took me 5 hours to get to Bristol on Friday this season. Only just over an hour of that journey was from J3 of the M5 to Bristol.

Its much easier to drive from Brum to Southampton than it is often to get up the M6 on a week night to the North West. So fuck Leeds, the sheep shagging twats.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
It's a while since I've been to Elland Road but last time I went there were loads of coaches from all over the country, they draw support from all over the country.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »
What I did notice with the Sheffield Wednesday tickets is that when they went on general sale we shifted about 800 in 2 days so I would hold fire before we condemn again. I still think we will take  near to 2000. Also 4 of our next 6 are away so some people have decisions to make.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2018, 05:26:43 PM »
I'm not doing Sunderland because I don't want to. Too bloody far on a Tuesday night for a start.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »
I'm not doing Sunderland because I don't want to. Too bloody far on a Tuesday night for a start.
I'm not doing Sunderland because the wife won't let me..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal