collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117918 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan)
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »
Looking forward to seeing this kid play. Would have thought we were well covered at DCM and of course RB.

Presume this means Elphick is off?

Offline Archivist

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »

As he and half our team will be, when their real teams say

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »

If we go up we would need major changes anyway.  Watford managed it ok and if we can shift some players now who don't have a long term future with us and replace them with temps who can do a good job, then that has to be a good thing.

My only reservation is both Tommy & Thor were just starting to look good and in particular I would have liked to have seen how Barney would grow into the role.  But we shouldn't get too sentimental about players who have been largely disappointing for us.

Offline Archivist

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »

If we go up we would need major changes anyway.  Watford managed it ok

True, but I am not sure that our track record of buying lots of players in one go and successfully blending them swiftly into a coherent unit is the best

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
Da Laet out AT in? So is he a right back cover or is it Elphick out AT in.

I don't know if Bruce is doing favors here as he will have to be behind JT and Chessey to play CB however after Terry back from injury he may need managing and sensible to get cover.

When I see Baker doing so well at Bristol City I do wonder why he was essentially traded for Samba.

tuanzebe may also be looked at as a left back cover and it would be great for one of these less established and younger loan players to make an impression like Sam Johnstone has. Onomah is nt a guarantee starter and I think this man utd loaner will be similar. Games here and there with some great performances.

Despite agreeing that wondering how fit in first 11 he would be a squad player at least and I'll take for want is. Seemingly a promising player who has ability and is keen to play.

However having seen onomah only do some very good play but as well as looking lost and even lacking in standard play the consistency may well not be there in A.T. either.

I think this signing will be okay and helps out situation in adding to squad and not to disrupting to established players.

I thought Baker wanted more first team appearances but wasn't guaranteed this so he opted to leave

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »

True, but I am not sure that our track record of buying lots of players in one go and successfully blending them swiftly into a coherent unit is the best

If we are promoted, we won't have much choice but to massively reassemble the squad. Newcastle bought in six players last Summer, Brighton added eleven and Huddersfield acquired thirteen.

In any case, it's unlikely that Ax-T will go straight from the Championship to the Man United first team, so I wouldn't be surprised if we loan him for another year if he's successful.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »
And then we can wheel Whelan out for when we play manure :o

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2018, 06:58:02 PM »
In the pictures of him training he looks like a bit like a young Kolo Toure

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

Don't buy him a birthday cake, for fucks sake!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »

Don't buy him a birthday cake, for fucks sake!

LOL but wasn’t that his bro Yaya?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »

If we are promoted, we won't have much choice but to massively reassemble the squad. Newcastle bought in six players last Summer, Brighton added eleven and Huddersfield acquired thirteen.

In any case, it's unlikely that Ax-T will go straight from the Championship to the Man United first team, so I wouldn't be surprised if we loan him for another year if he's successful.

Quite possible with Mourinho's record for developing players. They'll keep buying players making it harder to get into the side.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
Da Laet out AT in? So is he a right back cover or is it Elphick out AT in.

I don't know if Bruce is doing favors here as he will have to be behind JT and Chessey to play CB however after Terry back from injury he may need managing and sensible to get cover.

When I see Baker doing so well at Bristol City I do wonder why he was essentially traded for Samba.

tuanzebe may also be looked at as a left back cover and it would be great for one of these less established and younger loan players to make an impression like Sam Johnstone has. Onomah is nt a guarantee starter and I think this man utd loaner will be similar. Games here and there with some great performances.

Despite agreeing that wondering how fit in first 11 he would be a squad player at least and I'll take for want is. Seemingly a promising player who has ability and is keen to play.

However having seen onomah only do some very good play but as well as looking lost and even lacking in standard play the consistency may well not be there in A.T. either.

I think this signing will be okay and helps out situation in adding to squad and not to disrupting to established players.

I thought Baker wanted more first team appearances but wasn't guaranteed this so he opted to leave

Baker has suddenly this season become this world  class player with some Villa fans.  He's not all that

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »
From Bruce's press conference this morning, it sounds very much like he's here on the understanding that he plays as much as possible.  Bruce virtually guaranteed that he'd be "involved" tomorrow night.  Hope he's as good as they say and that he doesn't disrupt things.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
He's probably the quickest player at the club. Given his reading of the game being pretty good, that recovery speed covers a huge multitude of sins at this level.

I'd be surprised if he isn't sat behind the front 5.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »
He's probably the quickest player at the club. Given his reading of the game being pretty good, that recovery speed covers a huge multitude of sins at this level.

I'd be surprised if he isn't sat behind the front 5.

In the Whelan and Jedinak spot?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal