collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118720 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan)
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »
Bjarnason looked frigged long before he went off on Saturday. I don't have a problem with Tuanzebe seeing out a game in those circumstances, but he can't come in for Bjarnason just because he's new. The team needs to be a meritocracy.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2018, 09:13:19 PM »
Bjarnason looked frigged long before he went off on Saturday. I don't have a problem with Tuanzebe seeing out a game in those circumstances, but he can't come in for Bjarnason just because he's new. The team needs to be a meritocracy.

Yep, this.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
I know naff all about Axel, but with that admitted level of ignorance I’m still perplexed by the signing. I’m just don’t know where these “minutes” (and I’m sure Bruce has promised Mourinho more than a few fillers at the end of games) will come from - surely not at the expense of Chester or Terry.

Unless there are fitness doubts about key players e.g. Jedinak.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
Man Utd fan I work with say he should be in their first team and will be a class above in our division.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
Shrug, I don't think Mourinho's an idiot - he'd recognise that Chester and Terry are a very capable CB pairing, and that Tuanzebe would be going there as cover, and perhaps more importantly, to learn from Terry (and Bruce, and Chester, I suppose).

If Hutton's a full-time LB now, we'll probably need someone behind Elmo.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr_EcNj3ES0

I know you should not rely on U Tube , but can we keep him Please Dad ??

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2018, 11:31:18 PM »
Well I hope he earns his place, Thor has done bloody well in the last couple of games.

And how long has he been here?

Fuck sentimentality, we need progress. If rhus guy brings a higher quality, and by all account appears that way, then we should use him.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2018, 11:35:08 PM »
Man Utd centre halves...: Jones, smalling, lindeoff, Baillly, Rojo and blind...all near enough current internationals.... He's now behind Chester and Terry...where's he more likely to get game time??

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »
Chip in to getting us promoted Axel and you'll be a hero my son.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2018, 12:13:44 AM »
Well I hope he earns his place, Thor has done bloody well in the last couple of games.

And how long has he been here?

Fuck sentimentality, we need progress. If rhus guy brings a higher quality, and by all account appears that way, then we should use him.

Thor is only covering for Whelan and Jedinak so I can't see where this guy fits in. Onomah and Lansbury are also not involved at the moment. Bruce should explain this shit in his press conference tomorrow.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »
Reminds me of Rio Ferdinand in that video for some reason. I think he'll get a lot of time as a defensive midfielder but able to fill in for Chester or Terry if they miss games.

Unless he settles really quickly, I imagine Barney will start against Sheffield and come on to replace him as a sub. Then start as a DM against Burton and Blues.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2018, 01:10:39 AM »
The couple of highlights where he does well vs Sanchez is impressive. He’s got a lot of pace and seemingly a very strong upper body. We need to play the best side when possible and I am sure once he’s in the side he’ll be tough to drop. I expect in time he’ll either own that DM spot or cover for Terry and Chester. But he’s also played RB so we might see him there too.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2018, 06:19:25 AM »
Da Laet out AT in? So is he a right back cover or is it Elphick out AT in.

I don't know if Bruce is doing favors here as he will have to be behind JT and Chessey to play CB however after Terry back from injury he may need managing and sensible to get cover.

When I see Baker doing so well at Bristol City I do wonder why he was essentially traded for Samba.

tuanzebe may also be looked at as a left back cover and it would be great for one of these less established and younger loan players to make an impression like Sam Johnstone has. Onomah is nt a guarantee starter and I think this man utd loaner will be similar. Games here and there with some great performances.

Despite agreeing that wondering how fit in first 11 he would be a squad player at least and I'll take for want is. Seemingly a promising player who has ability and is keen to play.

However having seen onomah only do some very good play but as well as looking lost and even lacking in standard play the consistency may well not be there in A.T. either.

I think this signing will be okay and helps out situation in adding to squad and not to disrupting to established players.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2018, 07:03:19 AM »
Cover at CB and DCM. Seems more likely to get game time at DCM due to Jedinak’s fitness issues

Offers the same defensive screen that Bruce likes and which Whelan and Barny can’t

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal