collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brentford v Aston Villa: Pre Match Thread  (Read 12808 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

Re: Brentford v Aston Villa: Pre Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 01:08:25 PM »
They'll Muller us. They have the hoodoo over us and - last season aside - Boxing Day in recent years has been tragic for us.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »
So much negativity on this thread.  What's wrong with people?  2-0 Brentford.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
0-2

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »
3-3

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
4-1 Villa. Got the Barnsley sense about this. Our bad run after all is 1 defeat and 2 draws so far. Usually it's getting drilled 4, 5, 6 or 7 over recent years.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2017, 02:32:25 PM »
Bruce needs to put O'hare in the starting line-up. Why is he so cautious? If Bruce does go, I'd like to see Dean Smith in as a replacement.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 02:38:35 PM »
              Johnstone
De Laet, Chester, Elphick, Taylor
              Jedinak
      Onomah, Hourihane
          Jack , Adomah
                  Hogan

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 02:54:54 PM »
If I were manager, which I am not, I'd fight fire with fire and let superior quality take effect.

Three words would adorn my tactical white board: press, press and press (without the and natch).

The full backs, De Laet and Taylor would have higher starting positions.

Elphick (nose held) would start (gulp).

Onomah and Angela would be tasked with aggression and told to alternate in attacking the box and press g right onto their number 10. If they should happen to leave one on him, oh well. I would tell them to lay a glove or two on their deep lying play maker. If he has two touches of the ball without being lamped we're not working hard enough.

I'd play O'Hare and Grealish and Adomah and tell them that formations are for defending and we won't be doing much of that. I'd have the full backs angrily shake their fists at them should they think of letting poor little Hogan be more than 10 yards from any one of them.

But I'm not and who knows. Tough game. Hope we win, we certainly need to.

A lot of what you put there is how I want to see us approach games.  What I don't get is how you can put something like that whilst also thinking that Bruce is the right manager for us or is doing a good job.

As for the game I'm really not sure, given the way they've mugged us the last few times it's hard to be overly confident but I actually think we'll sneak this one 1-2 and it will earn Bruce yet another stay of execution.

Offline Boz

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »
2-0 I'm afraid and will this be the turning point for Bruce, Boro' and Wednesday pulled the trigger yesterday,so Bruce needs to turn things around very quickly or January it'll be ta ta.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »
I actually think we'll sneak this one 1-2 and it will earn Bruce yet another stay of execution.

He has a habit of delivering whenever his job is on the line.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2017, 05:04:56 PM »
We’ll get done. 3-1 to Brentford. He’ll then blame the the fans for panicking. Wanker.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2017, 05:29:52 PM »
At best I expect us to draw. It'll be the same old crap, sitting too deep, playing for the draw, hoofing the ball up to the striker and giving the ball away cheaply. I'm getting giddy with excitement.

To better things...I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and it's been fun riding the Villa roller-coaster with you all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2017, 05:57:16 PM »
If I were manager, which I am not, I'd fight fire with fire and let superior quality take effect.

Three words would adorn my tactical white board: press, press and press (without the and natch).

Onomah and Angela would be tasked with aggression and told to alternate in attacking the box and press g right onto their number 10. If they should happen to leave one on him, oh well. I would tell them to lay a glove or two on their deep lying play maker. If he has two touches of the ball without being lamped we're not working hard enough.

I'd play O'Hare and Grealish and Adomah and tell them that formations are for defending and we won't be doing much of that. I'd have the full backs angrily shake their fists at them should they think of letting poor little Hogan be more than 10 yards from any one of them.

A lot of what you put there is how I want to see us approach games.  What I don't get is how you can put something like that whilst also thinking that Bruce is the right manager for us or is doing a good job.

As for the game I'm really not sure, given the way they've mugged us the last few times it's hard to be overly confident but I actually think we'll sneak this one 1-2 and it will earn Bruce yet another stay of execution.

There's many ways to approach a game. Just because I would set us up one way doesn't mean it's the only way.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »

Because that's his opinion. It's as simple as that really.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »
Christmas truce between Paul, Ads and Clampy! Enjoy, fellas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal