collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:32:05 AM]

Champions League Contention by paul_e
[Today at 10:26:30 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 10:24:22 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by martin o`who??
[Today at 10:21:43 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 10:17:02 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by N'ZMAV
[Today at 10:14:46 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by eamonn
[Today at 09:58:22 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread  (Read 16285 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2017, 08:56:25 PM »
Last 10 games we're 2nd.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

If this is the same after the next ten games, I might just start to believe! I know that the second half of the season mirrors the first, but somehow I feel that we've played the easier games other than Wolves and Cardiff away.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Difficult games to come. Wolves Cardiff Sheff Utd at home. Sheff Utd and Leeds away. The rest all winnable.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
It’s certainly true that despite the upturn in form we’ve still not been great against the best sides in the table. Maybe Fulham was the exception to that.

A win at Elland Road would really start to get some momentum going

On paper doable. But villa have always struggled at Elland Road in my lifetime. Can’t think of many wins

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2017, 10:28:17 PM »
We’rent Ipswich second a few games ago?

There really isn’t anyone to fear in this league, Tatters apart all the others are pretty poor.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
Game was over at two nil and you could tell both Ipswich team and supporters knew it - they were incredibly quiet second half. They were more lively on New Street platforms after the game than they were during it.

Saw it kicking off just outside the away end after the game too!?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »
Re Alan Brazil, my son Holte Lower RR113 is also watching the Ashes.  If Fatty Brazil bumps into him he will get the same treatment.
i went on Friday afternoon- didn’t see fat Alan Brazil though. I did see a bloke in a Villa shirt with a rough looking bird wearing a blues shirt in tow. Fair play for making her walk behind him. Also had a chat to a very strange person wearing a retro cov shirt who was with his equally weird offspring. The lost tribe of Albion (who I first saw in Wellington a few years back when Root and Compton were starting out - what happened to Compton?) were also in attendance. No sign of any bitter ginger Scottish piss- heads to report though, thankfully. For those interested, there was quite a bit of scrapping towards the end- aussies can handle their beer and banter usually-  just not at the same time unfortunately.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »
It’s certainly true that despite the upturn in form we’ve still not been great against the best sides in the table. Maybe Fulham was the exception to that.

A win at Elland Road would really start to get some momentum going

On paper doable. But villa have always struggled at Elland Road in my lifetime. Can’t think of many wins

I went in January and December 2000 and we won both games 1-2, don't think we have played them much in the league since then so hoping for another 1-2.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
This time last year when we played Leeds away we were also on a good run. As I remember it, defeat set us in the road to a truly horrible set of results which ultimately ruined our season.

Let’s hope this can be an occasion to accentuate the difference between the sides this year and last, and take a bit of revenge. It’s going to feel like an old-style premier league game, in many ways the biggest game of the season so far- win here and it really is all systems go, and might go some way to excorcising the misery of Cardiff and Wolve away.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2017, 02:47:54 PM »
Game was over at two nil and you could tell both Ipswich team and supporters knew it - they were incredibly quiet second half. They were more lively on New Street platforms after the game than they were during it.

Saw it kicking off just outside the away end after the game too!?

yeah I was coming out the North and saw loads of police rushing around the corner to  the away section. Before the game I saw a Villa fan with a battered and bloody face standing outside the Witton Arms being looked after by his mates. I had just been in the bookies and seen a very noisy and gobby bunch of  Ipswich fans go past about five mins earlier so I don't know if they were responsible. They were all young 'uns and making a lot of noise, mainly about Norwich.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
Took in the Melbourne test in 1997. Boxing Day gough bags a hatrick where was I still in bed following the proofs how many hours on the ale

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal