collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 10:52:57 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Steve67
[Today at 10:52:12 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Steve67
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Diego Carlos by Monty
[Today at 10:48:12 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 10:47:30 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Steve67
[Today at 10:46:03 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Steve67
[Today at 10:44:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by aj2k77
[Today at 10:43:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birmingham City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 27022 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Birmingham City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2017, 10:35:44 PM »
I'm not sure i'd call it the toughest away game - maybe the one we don't want to lose the most. Bruce in fairness did that but jesus, you wouldn't watch that game again, like most of our games since he got here

I know you said most, but I thought our last home game was one of the most watchable games I've seen there in fucking ages.

Yep I’m all for Bruce getting stick when he deserves it I.e Wolves away but the win against Fulham was alright.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »
I'm not sure i'd call it the toughest away game - maybe the one we don't want to lose the most. Bruce in fairness did that but jesus, you wouldn't watch that game again, like most of our games since he got here

I know you said most, but I thought our last home game was one of the most watchable games I've seen there in fucking ages.

Yep I’m all for Bruce getting stick when he deserves it I.e Wolves away but the win against Fulham was alright.

Spot on. Fulham at home was a cracking game.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #197 on: October 29, 2017, 10:41:18 PM »
Burton and Barnsley were quite good fun too.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #198 on: October 29, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »

I thought it was okay but more due to Fulham playing how Bruce wanted them to play. I think a lot of teams will have noted our tactics this season and react accordingly when we play them again

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #199 on: October 29, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »

I thought it was okay but more due to Fulham playing how Bruce wanted them to play. I think a lot of teams will have noted our tactics this season and react accordingly when we play them again

If you're saying that when the games are exciting, it's due to the opposition playing how we want them to, then really the manager is on a hiding to nothing, surely?

Don't get me wrong, I am amongst the first to complain when the matches are awful, but that was an exciting match.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:53 PM »
Fulham was a good game to watch, and there's been a few others but he's right, most of the time we're awful to watch. Which is all the more frustrating as we do see glimpses of how well this side is capable of playing.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2017, 10:52:58 PM »

If you're saying that when the games are exciting, it's due to the opposition playing how we want them to, then really the manager is on a hiding to nothing, surely?

Don't get me wrong, I am amongst the first to complain when the matches are awful, but that was an exciting match.

I think Fulham played like Bruce hoped they would yes, that's not Bruce's fault, but people learn from their mistakes. What i mean is come feb when we play them again and if they're mid-table and we're up near the top, they are gonna surrender a lot of possession and say " beat us" and we better hope someone can pass in the team.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »
Burton & Barnsley were pretty good as well.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »
Genuine question here to anyone else who was there today, why was our support so poor do you think? It was the same there last season aswell. Very little passion or noise during the game both seasons. Some trying to get songs going and a few were joining in but most just stood there. We sang more today after the game than during it. I just don't understand why you would go to Small Heath away and just stand there, especially when there's thousands of others who would go and sing their heart out.

Is it because of Bruce and the football we play? Is it because of nerves during the game? Is it because a lot of those first 2000 fans are obviously the most loyal but not necessarily the most vocal? A combination of the three?

Were you there? If so then surely you know the answer. If not and you're basing your response on the TV coverage I wouldn't; there were times when our fans were louder and someone at Sky turned the sound down.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2017, 11:27:06 PM »

The Fulham game was great to watch as a result of two teams, two different styles, banging heads together. A proper old school ding dong. Entertaining? Absolutely. Something to build your promotion hopes on? Probably not but at least it was an entertaining game. Today we were as ugly as it gets until Vassell went off and the game opened up for us for 15 minutes. Other than that, we we shockingly poor given the resources, local derby or not.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #205 on: October 30, 2017, 03:01:11 AM »
I think we need a bit of perspective on this game.  We know Villa at home is their ultimate cup final and whatever else has gone on in the league they'll raise their game for this one and deny us any space.  In fairness, they're not actually that bad at home either.

Sure it'd be lovely to have an entertaining end to end ding dong derby * (copyright Ron Toss) but that was never going to happen against these.  Not losing to us serves as a moral victory for them and I reckon Bruce will feel the same about grinding out a point away from home in a derby match.

In short, a crap game and a crap atmosphere. 

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:00:21 AM by OzVilla »

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #206 on: October 30, 2017, 04:58:57 AM »
Norwich at home was the most exciting I can remember for years.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2017, 06:38:57 AM »
No worries they have their 0-0 win. Fans lived up to their reputation, bullied old men, ran villa everywhere....Paradise for your average nose. There is one on SHA who actually posted that he never saw Villa in town all night. If his idea of a good night out is looking for us I really hope he discovers girls soon, for his own sake. What a plum.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:48:28 AM by Walmley_Villa »

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »
Did not lose the Small Heath World Cup final, but Bruce has got to have a mind change, about how he approaches away games, when we did go for them 3 chances came in quick succession, imagine if we had gone at them from the start.
We must not lose Bruce attitude in ways was ok yesterday, as I can imagine the shit he would have got if he had gone for it and we had lost, but away from home from here till May let the guys loose Bruce FFS.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
The point keeps us going, overall it was bloody poor though. Not a great advert for the 2nd City.

Local derbies are shit basically.
Thought we created the best chances and should have put a couple away. Really pleased to see Jedinak back, we always look a more solid team with him in it. Davis holds the ball up well and we keep possession because of it. I hope they both start on Wednesday.

PS - I hope Small Heath get done by the FA for their scummy fans continually throwing things at our players wether it be those pathetic small time clappers, bottles and coins. They’re the scum of the earth.
if the club bans the chuckers as they should, there may only be 22k for next season’s fixture there (should we not go up). They won’t of course.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal